• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Explaining the Inferior in terms of the Dominant

VagrantFarce

INJ (se): "Accepting things as they appear is just another way of looking at things."
ITP (fe): "Our emotional needs are just chemical reactions signaled by our brains."
IFP (te): "People take responsibility for what they feel is important."
ISJ (ne): "Change can be only trusted if it is absolutely neccessary."

EFJ (ti): "Relationships are built on standards, standards we must all live up to."
ETJ (fi): "The captain goes down with the ship."
ENP (si): "If the rule is outdated, you either change it or ignore it."
ESP (ni): "Don't judge a book by it's cover."

Seem accurate? :)

Jaguar

I say what your wrote for INJ's and believe it wholeheartedly.
But you make ETJ's sound unethical.

VagrantFarce

TheTerminator.jpg

Changed it something I hope is a bit more TJ-friendly. :)

wolfy

awsm
INJ (se): "Accepting things as they appear is just another way of looking at things."
ITP (fe): "Our emotional needs are just chemical reactions signaled by our brains."

EFJ (ti): "Relationships are built on standards, standards we must all live up to."

Seems to make sense to me. I can relate to the IFP one more than all the others so...

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

I'm gravitated towards both IFP and ITP. Probably because I'm low on F.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I say what your wrote for INJ's and believe it wholeheartedly.

that ETJ sounded very ethical to me jaguar. my inners really responded to this 'captain should go down with the ship' statement. i'm very loyal. i wouldn't want anyone doing anything i wasn't willing to do. however if necessary for the security of the larger mass i would opt out of going down with the ship in order to lead the confused masses. iow i would defy death somehow. hide, run, pose as the friend, whatever it took to help humanity. wouldn't you do this?

VagrantFarce

that ETJ sounded very ethical to me jaguar. my inners really responded to this 'captain should go down with the ship' statement. i'm very loyal. i wouldn't want anyone doing anything i wasn't willing to do. however if necessary for the security of the larger mass i would opt out of going down with the ship in order to lead the confused masses. iow i would defy death somehow. hide, run, pose as the friend, whatever it took to help humanity. wouldn't you do this?

It was actually different before Jaguar posted ("I value results, and nothing gets in the way of results"), I changed it after reading his comment. :)

Lux

Kraken down on piracy

The INJ seems quite accurate to me. I like how much you care about what you're doing :).

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
I love the idea of this. But the ITP one doesn't fit me, my resistance to taking antidepressants pretty well contradicts it. My lack of concern for other people's emotions, though... :devil:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I relate to ENP and IFP. Go figure.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, the IFP one seems like the most obvious thing in the world to me, though I might add 'want to', 'aspire to' or 'try to'. In practice it rarely works out except in small ways.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
ISJ one is fairly accurate (I would take out the word 'absolutely'), and they all seem good.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love the idea of this. But the ITP one doesn't fit me, my resistance to taking antidepressants pretty well contradicts it. My lack of concern for other people's emotions, though... :devil:
Doesn't really contradict it. It's just that we (wrongly) believe we can out-think any problem.

VagrantFarce

ITP (fe): "The way people behave is just another puzzle to solve."
ISJ (ne): "Change is permissable if it helps to preserve what loyalty upholds."

ESP (ni): "You can't judge a book by its cover."

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ITP (fe): "The way people behave is just another puzzle to solve."
ISJ (ne): "Change is permissable if it helps to preserve what loyalty upholds."

ESP (ni): "You can't judge a book by its cover."

Why is loyalty associated with Si constantly?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Once again, here are mine

INJ (se): "The observer inevitably affects what it observes"
ITP (fe): "If everyone didn't take things personally, then we'd all get along"
IFP (te): "I will show you that what I feel isn't just make-believe; it is something deeply real"
ISJ (ne): "Actions often have unforeseen consequences"

EFJ (ti): "There is a right and a wrong way to treat others"
ETJ (fi): "I can only be defeated from within"
ENP (si): "What does it mean to be an adult?"
ESP (ni): "I must know what is going on there"

Seem accurate? :)[/quote]

VagrantFarce

Why is loyalty associated with Si constantly?

Si is about orientating yourself to focus on what is stable and trustworthy, and giving a suspicious eye toward anything that seeks to perverse or uproot it. So Dominant-Si types define themselves as the identifiers, vanguards and curators of What Should Be Preserved. Fed into Te or Fe, this results in behaviour that can easily be described as "loyal". :)

"ISJs...don't believe for a minute that the universe is inherently rational. For these types, the outer world is a jumble of ever-changing perceptual experiences, dictating ever-changing behavioral responses. What ISJs maintain, and maintain unconditionally, is their priorities, which stabilize perceptual reality and give it consistent meaning."

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Si is about orientating yourself to focus on what is stable and trustworthy, and giving a suspicious eye toward anything that seeks to perverse or uproot it. If you ask an Si-dominant to preserve something they think is important, they're likely to be loyal to a fault. :)

"ISJs...don't believe for a minute that the universe is inherently rational. For these types, the outer world is a jumble of ever-changing perceptual experiences, dictating ever-changing behavioral responses. What ISJs maintain, and maintain unconditionally, is their priorities, which stabilize perceptual reality and give it consistent meaning."

That sounds like an enneagram 6 mixed with Si. Not just an ISJ.

VagrantFarce

That sounds like an enneagram 6 mixed with Si. Not just an ISJ.

fuck off with your bloody enneagram, I'm talking about the 16 types :angry:

Si is like that one stubborn rock in the stream; it's security-minded and will only move if it knows it'll be preserved. Ne is the water in the stream; it's quite happy to bounce around, make connections and have fun without having to worry about the little insignificant details. :)