• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personality traits most valued in your country?

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
We don't see French that way, actually - I think northern Italian's culture is similar to French culture;

That's also what I think. I'd even dare to say that culturally speaking , there is no other country closer to us, and vice-versa. We are the northern latins.

But the mezzogiorno is very different, though, way more "mediterranean".

Remember that Jean Cocteau once said that "Italian people are just happy French!"... :)
("Les Italiens sont des Français de bonne humeur.")

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well, we are three french here, and we all agree France is a Ne-dominated society.

Ouh yeah, I so want to live in France. The 3 weeks I made a roundtrip through France, where 3 of the greatest in my life. Especially Paris was nice. The girls there wink at you in train stations and you do not even know what just happened to you :D.

In germany I am glad if people even crack a smile at train stations.
I guess IxxJ is generally a good stereotype for this country.

But what has to be mentioned also is the huge majority of SP's, especially ISTP's, whose "eat or die" attitude has developed itself to something like a common sense in some areas.

What is a problem for some years now, is a developing growth towards individualization. People become so individualized that they loose touch towards society. In the end two people meet, who can talk all day long about their own problems, but noone cares to help each other. That has bred alot of mental and health related illnesses.

----

And by the way: who has banned the babelfish ? He was just to be inserted into my ears so I finally can understand more :D

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
contrary to (maybe, i didn't check lol) popular belief i would say the USA is a split between ESTJ and ESFP. introverts can be looked down on quite a bit, even introverted sensors. Intuitives are just looked at as weird...in my perspective. the XNXP (i hate that notation) is looked at as too open minded to a dangerous degree (also imo). besides the constant daydreaming XNXJs (again i hate that notation) are looked at a bit better.

i dont wanna sound like i have it bad haha cause i dont.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
contrary to (maybe, i didn't check lol) popular belief i would say the USA is a split between ESTJ and ESFP. introverts can be looked down on quite a bit, even introverted sensors. Intuitives are just looked at as weird...in my perspective. the XNXP (i hate that notation) is looked at as too open minded to a dangerous degree (also imo). besides the constant daydreaming XNXJs (again i hate that notation) are looked at a bit better.

i dont wanna sound like i have it bad haha cause i dont.

i think in America=

pop culture:
ESFP
ESTP

as lazy high school/college kids grow up:
ESTJ
ESFJ

lane777

nevermore
Yeah, I think you could be right. I've never stopped to think about a specific type but I know for sure America values extroversion over introversion. Here's a quote from a book I'm currently reading: "America was built on rugged individualism and the importance of citizens speaking their minds. We value action, speed, competition, and drive."

Evidence of this (as far as extrovert preference goes) is our dictionaries' definitions of "introversion." Here are some words used to describe them. This is appalling!

"tends to turn away from reality"
"a preoccupation with the self"
"lack of sociability"
"passiveness"
"the state or tendency toward being wholly or predominately concerned with and interested in one's own mental life"
"a brooder"
"self-observer"
"egoist"
"narcissist"
"solitary"
"loner"

And what are the definitions for "extrovert," you might ask? (These are from the same sources, by the way.)

"a tendency to project the personality outward"
"a man of action"
"one whose motives are conditioned by external events"
"interest in the outside world"
"confidence"
"sociability"
"assertiveness"
"dominance"
"friendly"
"uninhibited"
"other-directed"
"gregarious"
"life of the party"
"show-off"

I read that same example in this book called The Introvert Advantage - How To Thrive in An Extrovert World. Is that the book you got it from? According to the book, Extroverts are 75% of the world's pop. No wonder "innie's" often feel out of place and misunderstood. I highly recammend picking this book up if your an extrovert who wants to understand the minority better.

Last edited:

energy

MBTI Type
WXYZ
The stereotype for America has historically been ENTJ -- it's quite obvious. Dogmatic views, lust for power, and very innovative.

North America
  • United States: ENTJ
  • Canada: ESFJ
  • Mexico: ISFP

Europe/Eurasia
  • England: ISTJ
  • Germany: INTJ
  • France: IxFP
  • Italy: ESFJ
  • Greece: INTP
  • Scandinavia (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland): ISFJ
  • Commie Russia: ENTJ

Far East Asia
  • China: INTJ
  • Japan: ENTJ

Other
  • Middle East: INFJ

PLEASE NOTE: Not all countries are listed (obviously). So don't think I'm an idiot. (I'm not sure of, for example, India, North and South Korea, Nam, etc.)

china favours ISTJs and INTPs. ISTJ demand absolute obedience to an authorian goberrnment. INTPs can come up with abntract strategy to help china to brecome a global power.

The british empire in the 19th and 20th century was genrally very ENTp, using flexiblity and manuevering, and balance of power to seek supremacy rather than agression. This is also how it defeats napoleon's europe

I would not call america outright entj. The most entj gobernment i see is nazi germany, mongolia in genghis khan period and napoleon's europe. usually they fall and collapse as fast as they expand.