User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

don't you know? Girls are supposed to be Feelers while guys are supposed to be Thinkers!

yeah- it does occasionally suck to be on the wrong side of that divide!

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

i've had many a Feeler male friend give me a look like he was dying, many a Thinker female looking like they were completely dismissed or shunted aside as irrational. it doesn't pay to be an F-male or T-female generally.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    My father would probably most strongly disagree with this (he's an ENTJ). He's always said "there's only one way to do something and that's the right way".
    Sounds stupid. There is at least one way to do things in the most efficient way, and it is surely out there. Sometimes I think I have discovered one of them, but there isn't any exclusivity. Whether something is right or not depends entirely on their goals, and on the rights of other people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    The US in general seems to have a ESTP persona, IMO. Minnesotans in general have an ISFJ ("Minnesota Nice" and all that) persona IMO
    The stereotype for America has historically been ENTJ -- it's quite obvious. Dogmatic views, lust for power, and very innovative.

North America
    • United States: ENTJ
    • Canada: ESFJ
    • Mexico: ISFP

Europe/Eurasia
    • England: ISTJ
    • Germany: INTJ
    • France: IxFP
    • Italy: ESFJ
    • Greece: INTP
    • Scandinavia (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland): ISFJ
    • Commie Russia: ENTJ

Far East Asia
    • China: INTJ
    • Japan: ENTJ

Other
    • Middle East: INFJ

PLEASE NOTE: Not all countries are listed (obviously). So don't think I'm an idiot. (I'm not sure of, for example, India, North and South Korea, Nam, etc.)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    The stereotype for America has historically been ENTJ -- it's quite obvious. Dogmatic views, lust for power, and very innovative.

North America
    • United States: ENTJ
    • Canada: ESFJ
    • Mexico: ISFP

Europe/Eurasia
    • England: ISTJ
    • Germany: INTJ
    • France: IxFP
    • Italy: ESFJ
    • Greece: INTP
    • Scandinavia (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland): ISFJ
    • Commie Russia: ENTJ

Far East Asia
    • China: INTJ
    • Japan: ENTJ

Other
    • Middle East: INFJ

PLEASE NOTE: Not all countries are listed (obviously). So don't think I'm an idiot. (I'm not sure of, for example, India, North and South Korea, Nam, etc.)
    In your dreams.

MBTI
    ENTP

Uberfuhrer, are you talking about the stereotype character of the countries as a whole, as they're seen by foreigners? Or are you talking about the most common traits actually shown by their citizens, from your own experience?

Just wondering.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

ENFP maybe

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tayshaun View Post
    ENFP maybe
    Yeah, I wasn't sure about the rest, but it seems you agree with me about France being quite Ne-ish. Varies a lot though, from region to region.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    I hope this is in the right subforum.

Something I have been thinking about lately is the fact that certain countries or cultures will, as a general trend, tend to value certain personality traits over others. (In fact, I believe there was a book written regarding this topic, but I haven't read it.) In terms of MBTI functions, which traits do you think your country or culture prefers? I have heard it said that in the United States, or even the west generally, ESTJ traits are favored (I have primarily heard this said by INFPs, the ESTJs' MBTI opposite). I kind of think this is correct.
    Where in the Wold Do I Belong by Brent Massey covers the topic of type and countries. Its one of those books I have not read completely, but read from occasionally and it does have some interesting ideas. Let me see if I can find one of the more interesting ideas from it to quote...

Where in the Wold Do I Belong by Brent Massey

Type isn't just a set of traits or a list of adjectives - its and indicator of a bigger picture. The four letter type code indicates which of the eight mental processes/functions is our favorite. This favorite is the sole driving force in a person or culture. Forget about lists of traits and behaviors and just learn how each mental process functions. This is the way to truly understand the mind of a person or a culture.

Our mental processes are biologically hardwired in our brain. We use our favorite function in either the public outer world or the private inner world. The inner world draws on principles and values, past and future experiences. The outer world draws on societies expectations, laws, the here and now and infinite possibilities.

Our favorite process/function is partly unconscious. That is why you may find people, foods, languages, religions that somehow click with your own mental process partly on a subconscious/unconscious level. This is the kind of connection or experience that gives you joy and peace but you don't know why. It's too deeply psychological and spiritual to explain. It's like following your personal calling. You don't usually know the destination but for some reason you know you are headed in the right direction and it gives you joy and peace.
    The author applies a scale for type to each country of 1 to 3 for each side of each axis
    USA
    E = 3
    S = 2
    T = 3
    J = 1
    and adds the following comments.
    American culture is also original (N), tolerant (part of the accepting facet of feeling), casual (P), and open-ended (P).

The book goes on for several pages to explain the reasoning for the conclusion and seems mostly based on strong represtation of Te and Si and uses examples like the political system, legal system, prevalance of capatlism and consumerism (which the author equates to Si).

I think what is valued by the masses varies from state to state, and even from city to city within each state. I've met a few people from Seattle, Portland (Or) and various parts of South Western Canada that seemed to think a lot like me, but don't know if they are as out of place where they are or if their cities might actually be a better fit for an INFx (I suspect Seattle and Portland would be good places for xNTx and Canada for xNFx but those are just my perceptions).

FWIW, the author of that book lists France as the following.
    E - 1
    N - 1
    T - 2
    J - 2
    French culture also is traditional (S), Empathic (F), Spontaneous (P), and Emergent (P).

For intuitive types like the French, thoughts are epxressed just for the sake of ideas. The french 'rationale' relates to the thinking facets of reason and logic. France's freethinking, armchain intellectuals wander from one topic to the next in an exchange of ideas as ENTJs they expect everyone in both social and work situations to have a well thought out arguement, critical feedback or to keep quiet.

MBTI
    eNFP

Yes, TenebrousReflection, that's the book! So it does have the United States as ESTJ! I do like how it highlights the other functions that are significantly represented too. And yes, I do think there are regional differences. I wonder how those would be represented.