User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I'm ressurecting this thread because I have a question about interaction styles - I know I am not behind the scenes, usually, though I guess I can be sometimes I know that in a work or school environment I am more likely to interact and talk and "get things going" and I do have that communication style.

But what if I'm both informing and directing? Like, if I'm relaxed I'm probably more likely to be informing, but I have a definite directing side to my personality if I am stressed or afraid where I will just bluntly tell people to do things. Like one time my mom was talking on her phone upset and driving on the freeway and it scared me because she needed to focus on driving and I was like "Get off of the phone now!" This is not something I do every day, but it's also not an isolated incident either. In some situations if I feel someone has to take charge, I will. I can be bossy. (And lest you think I was being mean or insensitive to my mom, no, she was being hysterical and histrionic about something stupid and she does this all of the time because she's bat shit crazy, and there were other people in the car besides me and her, including a small child.)

I don't really like to guide people towards a goal, though, I really don't think I'm an In Charge person. That seems very tiring. I don't like being in charge, but I have some sort of instinct to do so in certain situations just like out of nowhere.

Could this just be tertiary Te, or my ISTJ shadow or something?
    I think that fits well with the description of ENFP as 'troubleshooters'. It's directive Te stepping up when necessary, but not a long term 'J' thing. It also gives people the push to act when necessary for sake of Fi values.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Directing and Informing cannot be taken too literally. Everyone directs or gives orders at times. You go by what you normally are, not when "really stressed".
    What that dimension is really identifying is people vs task focus. Those who are people-focused will tend to soften their communication into what is being called "informing".
    Last edited by Eric B; 03-09-2010 at 10:14 PM.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Interaction Styles are similar to the Keirseyan temperament groups, and both are matched to the ancient four temperaments.
    They both will figure in people's dealings anywhere, but Interaction Style will be more focused on person-to-person skills, while Keirsey's temperaments are more about leadership and action. So each type is a combination of a social skills temperament with a leadership skills temperament. The generic terms for both groups are affective and conative, respectively.

The basic factors for them are:
    GtG extraverted, informing
    IC extraverted, directing
    BtS introverted, informing
    CtC introverted, directing

Informing/directing is the old people/task factor that tells you which the person will respond to better.
    They were actually developed as sort of an answer to DISC that would still allow people to go deeply into a theory after a very usable intro through the interaction styles. Whereas DISC...it's sorta all over, no more to it, after a few hours...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Also, the Social Styles. And all DiSc and Social Styles really are are again the ancient temperaments with new names.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas