User Tag List

123 Last

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default Personality Types Under Stress

i'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, so i'm acting like it hasn't.

however, since a fellow ENTP has found himself in a very stressful situation as of late, i wanted to see if this resonates and/or helps him as it did me at one point. while researching it, i found it includes information about ALL types, so i wanted to share.

here's the site.

here's mine, and i found it to be horrific in its truth, thus helpful of course.

ENTP

ENTPs value their ability to use imagination and innovation to deal with problems. Trusting in their ingenuity to get them out of trouble, they often neglect to prepare sufficiently for any given situation. This characteristic, combined with their tendency to underestimate the time needed to complete a project, may cause the ENTP to become over-extended, and to work frequently beyond expected time limits. Complicating this situation is their predisposition to experiment with new solutions. This makes them eager to move on to the next challenge when things get boring. ENTPs become stressed when their improvisational abilities are ineffective and they will avoid circumstances where they might fail.

If stress continues, ENTPs become distracted and their "can do" attitude is threatened. Feelings of incompetence, ineptness, and inadequacy take over. They need to escape situations that are associated with anxiety is more prominent for the ENTP than for any other personality type. Doubtful of whether they will have what it takes to accomplish a task, they displace their fears onto situations they can elude. Panic, fear, and anxiety then block the expression of their creativity. Defensive phobic reactions cause the ENTP to circumvent achievement in other areas and prevent the success they strive on.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

ding ding ding we have a very sad yet scary reality here......

UGH

ENFP

ENFPs have a tendency to overextend themselves in both their physical and emotional commitments. Their proclivity to procrastinate and to overlook details complicates their circumstances. ENFPs often move on to new ventures without completing those they have already started. Their charming personalities can show signs of irritability and over-sensitivity when their desires to please different people come into conflict. During times of stress, ENFPs feel alienated. They then engage in deceptions that serve to obscure what is occurring within themselves.

The ENFP finds symbolic meanings behind the immediate circumstances. These meanings are construed as foreboding problems when ENFPs are under stress. Having a pervasive feeling of losing control over their own independent identities, ENFPs will feel virtually split apart by intruding circumstances. They will be "besides themselves" and "just not all there" — as if something, or someone, has taken away the essence of who they are. Not feeling like themselves, the ENFP will become subject to their own feelings of shame for being a phony, a fake or an impostor. If stress continues to grow, they may attribute malevolent schemes to others in order to explain away their fears.
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Ugh....

ENFJ

The ENFJs optimistic outlook toward social relationships is a burden to them at times. When external conflicts affect a group, the ENFJ is likely to assume responsibility. Their ability to empathize then turns into a liability. ENFJs, when over-identifying with the pain of others, will loose sight of their own concerns and interests. Their idealism can also be the cause of some distress when their assumptions are unable to weather the winds of reality. Fantasized relationships rarely translate into reality and even the best charismatic leader encounters unexpected resistance.

Like all NFs, ENFJs will disassociate themselves from stressful situations in an effort to protect their sense of well-being and togetherness. The ENFJ, however, will repress the unpleasant side of life only to have to face it later in an intensified form when it explodes from its hiding place. It can manifest itself as fits of anger, sudden outbursts, or emotional explosions. Often the ENFJ's body will reflect pent-up stress by manifesting various physical symptoms that will erupt unexpectedly.

MBTI
    ENTP

lol this would've gone better on my new blog that I just started! Heheh...

I wanted to give it a different name, but the stupid thing wouldn't let me have French characters in the title. It's not even as if I was being pretentious - I am French ffs! lol
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The underlined portions apply to myself under stress. Competence is a stronger driving force than congeniality for me, although they are both strong enough to produce conflict. It is an unfortunate conflict because my environments have produced the effect that competence = disharmony. Competence wins out, but at a personal cost.

INFJ

The agreeable nature and quiet personality of INFJs makes them particularly vulnerable to hurt feelings. Distress within close relationships can shatter the INFJ. Like all NFs under stress, INFJs feel fragmented and lost - as if they are acting out a part rather than simply being themselves. This disassociation can be related to physical symptoms for the INFJ, whether real or imagined. Feeling split off from their physical natures, INFJs may become virtually immobilized by repressed feelings.

Although INFJs may feel like remaining still and stationary until the chaos and confusion of a stressful situation dissipates, it would be best for them to actively sort out their needs from others. Being excessively cooperative and agreeable, the INFJ has a tendency to adopt values and beliefs of others as their own. When external conflicts grow, so does the INFJ's sense of personal disharmony. Disassociating themselves from others takes a great deal of effort for the INFJ.

INTJ

INTJs’ precision thinking and need for accuracy causes them to be inflexible at times. Having thought out a strategy, the INTJ may stubbornly disregard those who they think have not spent as much time reflecting on an idea as they have. This, along with their drive to produce something significant, can make them demanding and difficult. If their plans and solutions fall short of their high standards, INTJ's feel pressured — as if everything is on the line. "Everything," for an INTJ, is the competence and ability to produce something significant. Fear of not living up to this expectation will increase their stress and possibly dissuade them from risking or trying out their ideas. They may then find themselves thinking about ideas that do not have a meaningful or productive end.

When stress increases, the INTJ can become argumentative and disagreeable. Social interaction, which is not their strength, becomes increasingly difficult for them. Not trusting their own abilities, they become preoccupied with obsessive notions. The INTJ may then find themselves spending an inordinate amount of time fighting horrible thoughts, tempting absurdities, and feelings of worthlessness. Fearful of others recognizing their perceived failure, the INTJ incessantly ruminates about mistakes, inadequacies, weaknesses, ineptness, and incompetence. Because this distracts them from risking what little confidence they may have left in themselves, it therefore keeps them from obtaining the success and achievement they so desperately need.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    ding ding ding we have a very sad yet scary reality here......

UGH
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Ugh....

no, really, that was my reaction at first too, but then i got the same feeling i got when i first found MBTI and read the ENTP descriptions. i felt "normal" and "okay" all over again.

it took a lot of the stress away just by pointing out that it's not as endless as it seemed while in the grip of the stress.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post

no, really, that was my reaction at first too, but then i got the same feeling i got when i first found MBTI and read the ENTP descriptions. i felt "normal" and "okay" all over again.

it took a lot of the stress away just by pointing out that it's not as endless as it seemed while in the grips of the stress.

Lord knows it's a double-edged sword, isn't it? -- finding out you're acting to type (which is a good guide outta trouble) but then there's the "why yes, you ARE in fact that neurotic under stress" element. Like I need any more pushes in THAT direction.

*head thumps onto desk* *muffled pitiable weeping*

And by the way, I've never met a female ENTP before. So hi there!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Lord knows it's a double-edged sword, isn't it? -- finding out you're acting to type (which is a good guide outta trouble) but then there's the "why yes, you ARE in fact that neurotic under stress" element. Like I need any more pushes in THAT direction.

*head thumps onto desk* *muffled pitiable weeping*
    it's not as double-edged a sword if you remember that just being human means being under stress at some point (i.e. we're all neurotic sometimes). in that light, you're ahead of the game by not only having the understanding that comes from knowing your type, but also now having the additional tool of being able to recognize when you're under stress and acting accordingly, thus alleviating some of it.

And by the way, I've never met a female ENTP before. So hi there!
    neither have i, actually. and, *curtsy*
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    The underlined portions apply to myself under stress. Competence is a stronger driving force than congeniality for me, although they are both strong enough to produce conflict. It is an unfortunate conflict because my environments have produced the effect that competence = disharmony. Competence wins out, but at a personal cost.
    toonia, in my opinion, while you may have a lot in common with the parts underlined in the INTJ portion, i think those parts are more how you react personally as an INFJ. i've known INTJs, and congeniality is very rarely part of their conflict, much less anywhere near to being as equally important as competence.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    toonia, in my opinion, while you may have a lot in common with the parts underlined in the INTJ portion, i think those parts are more how you react personally as an INFJ. i've known INTJs, and congeniality is very rarely part of their conflict, much less anywhere near to being as equally important as competence.
    Yeah I know, but I've spent a lifetime making choices to become competent at significant cost, which has resulted in a loss of congeniality during most of it. Being punished for success has been common for me, but it hasn't stopped me. It hurts, but to give up competence to please others would violate me to the degree that I would no longer be who I am. I am inclined to please people on the surface/short-term, but when it counts, that element is irrelevant to my choices. This is true for me to an extreme that is not common for people in general. Combining those two sets of stressors is what I experience and they are often inherently in conflict.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.