User Tag List

First 123 Last

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    And by the way, I've never met a female ENTP before. So hi there!

you will soon find out that she is wonderfully amazing!!!!!!

Yes digest I know you're right... there was a glimmer of hope that was sparkling in the back of my head but but but....... I am not feeling like dealing with that reality just yet.....
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    you will soon find out that she is wonderfully amazing!!!!!!
    so sweet.

Yes digest I know you're right... there was a glimmer of hope that was sparkling in the back of my head but but but....... I am not feeling like dealing with that reality just yet.....
    nope! sorry! you're human all right!
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    so sweet.
    thanks

nope! sorry! you're human all right!

damn I wanted to be a robot
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Mierda! El chingado computer cut me off! oh well- now I'll only paste on the second paragraph

The ISTP's form of retaliation can be characterized as defiling what other people value. The ISTP violates rules and regulations that protect individual rights in retaliation for the lost opportunities and freedom that the ISTP believes they have had to endure. Getting even stimulates them and a renewed sense of excitement emerges from the risks of revenge and the expression of outrage. If stress continues, ISTPs will put what remaining freedom they have left in jeopardy by rebelling further.

This is true

(and now whatever goes back to listening to the Clash at top volume while screwing herself over in an attempt to get revenge on The Man- why doesn't she take heed to the warnings in the Clash's cover of "I Fought the Law"?)

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Mierda! El chingado computer cut me off! oh well- now I'll only paste on the second paragraph

The ISTP's form of retaliation can be characterized as defiling what other people value. The ISTP violates rules and regulations that protect individual rights in retaliation for the lost opportunities and freedom that the ISTP believes they have had to endure. Getting even stimulates them and a renewed sense of excitement emerges from the risks of revenge and the expression of outrage. If stress continues, ISTPs will put what remaining freedom they have left in jeopardy by rebelling further.

This is true

(and now whatever goes back to listening to the Clash at top volume while screwing herself over in an attempt to get revenge on The Man- why doesn't she take heed to the warnings in the Clash's cover of "I Fought the Law"?)

The Clash make everything better. My favorite band.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ISTP

I'd say about half describe me well enough, with only the few E-F-s being so far off that'd I disagree.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Here is what happens to me under extreme prolonged stress:
    • I become hypersensitive and react emotionally to everything coming at me.
    • I feel trapped, hopeless, beset, not in control of anything.
    • I become paranoid of what others might be thinking of me. (Usually it is based on a "reasonable grain of truth," but I totally lose the ability to put it in perspective.)
    • I withdraw completely (if I can), cut ties, disappear into a small box. Also struggle with escapist tendencies (drinking, playing games -- anything to stop thinking or lose my self-awareness).
    • I am unable to make any decisions, everything just becomes so overly complicated. (Or I go to the the extreme and start making quick harsh decisions that can be destructive -- just lopping everything off.)
    • Ridicule myself mercilessly, for not being strong enough or independent enough or smart enough or creative enough to come up with a solution for my distress.

And anytime I ask for help, I can no longer determine where the "boundaries" should be -- what I should be doing on my own, what is okay to ask someone else for, what is overstepping my bounds.

Edit: I looked at the link after I posted this. All of INTP fits me, I can identify with most of the first part of INFP but the second paragraph not at all, and I can also identify with some of the INFJ description.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

These sound similar for me as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I become hypersensitive and react emotionally to everything coming at me.
    I tend to expect worst case scenarios coming at me which exhausts me. My reaction tends to be anxiety based which wears me out and ends up in depression. If there are other emotions involved, there are driven by a sense of anxiety. That becomes central.

I feel trapped, hopeless, beset, not in control of anything.
    I will cope with this feeling by gaining control over some pithy project, like constructing a hamster house. I tend to be drawn to miniature things to create with when feeling this way and sometimes work with beads.

I become paranoid of what others might be thinking of me. (Usually it is based on a "reasonable grain of truth," but I totally lose the ability to put it in perspective.)
    This is more true for the people I have a relationship with, but for the hoards of people i deal with professionally, I worry more what they are expecting from me and what the repercussions will be if I don't meet those expectations. Maybe it's from teaching, but as long as people don't bring extra hassles for me, I don't care what they think. People get unexpectedly false ideas about me, so that ship sailed and is heading south. Bon Voyage. I recently had someone close to me reach mistaken conclusions about my motivations. I just shake my head. I care less when worn down. It just makes me feel more disconnected and less desire to form any connections. When scenarios like that happen that i sense should hurt me, it makes me feel contentment in my sense of isolation. I've learned to enjoy the feeling of disconnecting from people when in a state of distress.

• I withdraw completely (if I can), cut ties, disappear into a small box. Also struggle with escapist tendencies (drinking, playing games -- anything to stop thinking or lose my self-awareness).
    • I am unable to make any decisions, everything just becomes so overly complicated. (Or I go to the the extreme and start making quick harsh decisions that can be destructive -- just lopping everything off.)
    • Ridicule myself mercilessly, for not being strong enough or independent enough or smart enough or creative enough to come up with a solution for my distress.
    This all sounds familiar.

I also become impatient with everyone's neediness when I'm worn down. I get easily annoyed by complaining and people expecting platitudes. People who revel in helplessness trigger anxiety for me because I feel that on some level but can't give in to it. I won't. I appreciate people who have their own backbone, rather than expecting to use mine.

It's also very stressful to have someone comfort me solely on emotional terms as though I may be a victim. Right now I have someone who really challenges me on my negative conclusions and it gives me strength. Those are the people I seek out when in distress.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Hmmm..I get stressed easily, and honestly it's hard for me to distinguish between 'extreme stress' and regular stress. I'm just accustomed to being hypersensitive about things and having my 'inner zen' disturbed fairly regularly. :-)

As I'm typing this out, I believe I can usually keep the 'extreme stress' at bay, though, so I can typically work through things or resolve the situation outwardly before it ever boils over into 'extreme stress' - but once it boils over into 'extreme stress', there's really not much I can do about it, other than let it run its course. At least, I haven't figured it out yet. :-) Everything below is my 'extreme stress' mode -->

In general, all of it stays inside me, and doesn't manifest itself in anger or really reactive emotions towards others. I think it's because I'm aware that when I'm stressed out, I'm not necessarily rational, and I'm aware I'm probably paranoid, so I don't want to do/say anything that's a product of my mood, and not how I might really feel about it when I'm not stressed. When stressed, the only outside emotion would probably be intense irritability/judgements towards life/people in general -- but not directed AT anyone in particular. But even these judgements would only be evident to those really close to me, i.e. family - I wouldn't express it to coworkers, or necessarily even friends.

But the problem w/ keeping it all in is that I do get the physical symptoms - I truly feel sick, like I'm coming down with the flu. So when I'm really worked up about something, I often just feel like all I can, and should, do is lay down and put a hot compress on the back of my neck.

A definite problem I have when I get stressed is that I get into Ni/Fi/Ti/whatever analytical loops in my brain, and I *CAN'T* turn it off - and it's my being unable to turn my brain 'off' that drives me crazy and exacerbates the physical symptoms. So, in order to ease the neverending inner stress monologue, I'll sometimes force myself out to the gym, or I'll in an act of desperation try to get my brother to play board games with me...or stuff like that. Just to DO things so I'm not just stuck inside my head. Because, being stuck inside my head when I'm in this stressed-out place is like...well, hell. It's awful. My brain goes into hyperdrive, or something..which also obviously makes it difficult to sleep, which is what would ease the stress!!!

Ok, now I feel weird and all.

I should add - extreme stress for me nearly always involves how I relate to others, and my identity, and figuring out who I am. So, this seems most close to the INFP stress description. I don't think I get extremely stressed with anything outside of inter and intra-personal stuff. It always comes back to my identity and relationships, and this is what my analytical loops always circuit around.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    But the problem w/ keeping it all in is that I do get the physical symptoms - I truly feel sick, like I'm coming down with the flu. So when I'm really worked up about something, I often just feel like all I can, and should, do is lay down and put a hot compress on the back of my neck.

I related to everything you just wrote, but especially this part. Stress can make me very very sick, and once that happens, it's difficult to throw the brakes on it. I have lupus, so I have to be doubly careful about how much of a pounding I can take (like you have a lot of choice, right? Sometimes not so much.). Exercise helps a great deal but sometimes I have to just flee a bad situation entirely. Part of the reason I stopped being a mechanic was the stress -- it was literally doing me in.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious