• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Si = "absorbent" or "sponge-like"?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I agree with that.

Spongey.

spongebob.jpg

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Agreed. And Ne is a black box whose input is a conglomeration of Si absorbances used to form an enjoyable, creative, insightful, or otherwise entertaining output.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yeah I think a sponge works as a quick reference. Ironically Spongebob is ISFJ; I think someone on the forum has this as their quote: "I don't want to face my fears, I'm afraid of em!"

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
So, Ne = Si+? :thinking:

Hm, no, not really what I was getting at. Ne and Si are related, but to say Ne = Si+ implies that it in some way has more substance than Si alone, which is certainly not true. Ne is a function in itself, but it uses information obtained and stored through Si in its own way.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Hm, no, not really what I was getting at. Ne and Si are related, but to say Ne = Si+ implies that it in some way has more substance than Si alone, which is certainly not true. Ne is a function in itself, but it uses information obtained and stored through Si in its own way.

So, the reverse would also be true... Ne dominant uses Si to support Ne, as Si dominant uses Ne to support Si?

Ne = Si+; Si = Ne+?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
So, the reverse would also be true... Ne dominant uses Si to support Ne, as Si dominant uses Ne to support Si?

Yes, that's a good way of looking at it I'd say. I don't think one could function very well without the other. Ne uses an array of stored information (from Si) to make connections and find patterns. Si makes direct and on-the-spot withdrawals from its information database by correlating some type of external stimuli with already known information.

Si notices and remembers fine details and uses Ne to classify them in some way for future reference. Ne uses information stored from Si to make connections that are not so noticeable in the external world. Si-doms/aux are better at remembering fine details, while Ne-doms/aux are better at recognizing connections.

Ne = Si+; Si = Ne+?

Well, according to normal realms of logic, no. 1 can't be 2+ if 2 is 1+, but if you prefer to view it in some kind of symbolic interface, then go for it.