• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Illustrating the Functions

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
Te

lady-justice_01.jpg

Hoping I won't be accused of necromancing, having discovered my type is INTJ and reading up on extraverted thinking it appears the picture I posted as if it would illustrate Ti "might be one of the clearest symbols of the Te attitude" (greenlightwiki).

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Actually, when I saw it, I thought something like: 'oh, it's becoz people tend to worship football much in the same way or even more so than the way they worship God, so it's like a new cult that's finally been accepted as a religion :D'

I guess that'd be Ne instead of Ni? :huh:

I'll try...

Fi:

188146668_ba21452e30.jpg

Absolutely LOVE this depiction of Fi. Very accurate. It taps into LIFE itself, and feels connected with *everything*.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The functions through the eyes of this ENFP:

The Leader: Ne:

wtf-cleavage-caddy.jpg

:heart: absolutely loved this when I saw it. I've actually tried to make one in my clubbing days as it drove me mad to have to guard my purse or dance with it. It's handy, it's making a purse out of somethign that wasn't meant to be one and it looks nifty. Fits all my Ne-criteria and is a great illustration of the practical use of Ne :D

Universe-Source.jpg

A more universal depiction of Ne, in all of its pattern-seeking, chaotic beauty, without any limitations. This is actually what my Ne looks like when I'm pondering on the meaning of life, connecting dots, recognizing patterns, having information swirling in my head.

The Parent: Fi:

The inner world it builds:

ancient-forest.jpg

being at peace of mind, harmony, feeling one with nature, insignificant in the face of such marvels....Home.

OR1889K.jpg

..yet mystical, foggy and sometimes deceivingly alluring while completely disorienting leaving feeling alone and at the mercy of your own fears lurking in the shadows..

How it works:

sun.jpg

by functioning like a star as a source of fuel, of light, of harmony and inspiration , but most of all happiness/love from within and letting that permeate your body as well as directing it at others. This happens when things *feel* RIGHT.

BlackHoleSimulation.jpg

Or...by sucking up everything alive around you and within you, like a black hole..beautiful nonetheless, but oh so terrifying and cold...

This happens when things *feel* very WRONG with no way out..

Practical application, also known as the Fi-nudge:

1246683162.jpg

You touch someone elses..I guess energy field, using words, tone of voice, bodylanguage and perhaps even touch. You let them see/feel some of the love and happiness you carry within and share it to to soothe and rebalance their pain/anxiety/boredom etc.. Or, in a more sinister way, you are leaking toxic waste/energy and pretty much poluting their energy field with it and forcing it upon them (willingly or not).

Lastly:

stock-photo-spiderweb-covered-by-dew-drops-1396407.jpg

Fi, much like Ti, puzzles. Gathers information (in this case emotional logic tid-bits) and strings them onto a web, interconnecting all the information (together with Ne) so it's accessible for the future. It creates an emotional logic network by distilling general principles from its encounters with others, seperating them from the unique variables those people bring to the picture. In this way, it can create an emotional logic network which can estimate to fairly accurate degree what a person is likely to think and do when exhibiting specific emotional responses and what the next emotional response will be.

After a while, you can play emotional dress-up almost, taking all variables and intermixing them with each other to identify the unique emotional 'outfit' that this person is wearing and what that is likely to mean in terms of their past, present and future mindset, their personality. And..of course vice versa. If you get which items of clothing they have in their wardrobe (past, present, specific issues at play now, what strong influences are going atm, etc), you can see the amount of outfits that they are likely to wear.

34761.jpg

The Relief Function: Te:

Most proficient Te users I know have a Te that looks like:

apple-iphone.gif

Mine kinda looks like:

360_Occpaleo_408.jpg

:doh: I suck at organizing stuff, and the impatience, crudeness and pure inefficient blunt force I use to get things done is mindboggling.

I do love using it for small, simple tasks as it's soothing:

making_pearl_necklace.jpg

The Inferior: Si:

write_1.jpg

That's right..a blurry book. I know I've read it, seen it, felt it, smelled it before but when and where did it go???? And how did it go again?? At that point Ne just fills in the gaps and makes up its own story :doh:

And then suddenly, I go..wait, wasn't that when that stuff made me feel that way??? And it'll suddenly be like putting on my glasses and reading that page just fine :blush:

It is fun to go nostalgic though and use it to reread your fav book :blush:

grimm_annual_2007.jpg

The Opposing role: Ni:

With Ni-doms it seems to look like this:

polaris.jpg

The North Star..steady, reliable and always knows the way.

With me it's more like this:

ss1swords.jpg

I feel like I get struck by lightning, after which I completely see life differently, from a different perspective, often like I suddenly for the first time see the birds eye perspective and get an oversight of the situation
And it takes a lot of mulling over, like a thunderstorm in my head to get to that lightning bolt :D

The Critical Parent: Fe:

I'm extremely sensitive to the suggestion that I'm expected to do things or otherwise I'm selfish, or don't know my place or what not. Aka:

cindyclean.gif

I do very much love the part where you can bring a group together:

peace-sign-2006-budapest.jpg

The Deceiver: Ti

Oh my...well that kinda looks like:

1753113744_ec9d2d0eaa_m.jpg

and

question-mark.jpg

aka..mathematical headache

The Devil: Se:

Chocolate+Cheesecake+(Cut).jpg

Chocolate...:drool:

Tantric_ritual.JPG

A hot guy and tons of soft fabric and other luxurious goodies...:drool:

Ok, I sooo need to go and indulge a bit now :bye: :D

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Actually, when I saw it, I thought something like: 'oh, it's becoz people tend to worship football much in the same way or even more so than the way they worship God, so it's like a new cult that's finally been accepted as a religion :D'

I guess that'd be Ne instead of Ni? :huh:

No, that is more Ni.. bearing in mind that the functions don't represent the ability to think in certain ways, only the impulse to do so. Anyone can think in a certain way, especially if they are led into it by an argument, a book or even a cartoon strip.

Ne isn't linked to the introspective thought it takes to decide that the fundamental attitudes shown in football supporters are the same as religious fanatics. Ne is an urge to take action. It may not think of the idea, but once it has been supplied with it (either by the actions of another function or an outside source) it will create a urge to rush out and do something with that idea. Like set up the Church of the Long Pass, or something.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Trying this, but with reaction faces! :D

Te-

picture.php

Fi-

picture.php

Fe-

picture.php

Se-

picture.php

Ni-

picture.php

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The functions through the eyes of this ENFP:

The Leader: Ne:

wtf-cleavage-caddy.jpg
:happy2: I want one!

The Relief Function: Te:

Most proficient Te users I know have a Te that looks like:

apple-iphone.gif
:yes: Absolutely. Earlier today, I compared my thought process to making an Excel spreadsheet. And the iPhone menu idea is really similar to that (esp. with ESTJs because the menu itself is like Si, whereas the selection of the correct icon is more Te).

Mine kinda looks like:

360_Occpaleo_408.jpg
:rofl1: Epic metaphor win!

G

Ginkgo

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehu3wy4WkHs"]Fi Ni Se[/YOUTUBE]

Chloe

The Critical Parent: Fe:

I'm extremely sensitive to the suggestion that I'm expected to do things or otherwise I'm selfish, or don't know my place or what not. Aka:

cindyclean.gif

Lol, this was my avatar for a very long time on INTPc...

Fe demands feel like slavery to Fi. :yes:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Edit. I'm doing all of them in "the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" style.

Ne (hero, aka first order approximation):
Hitchhiker%E2%80%99s+Guide+to+the+Galaxy.jpg

Ti (parent):
babel1.jpg

Filters and steers the Ne Drive

Fe (relief):
images

Reassures us that we're not blowing up the world by letting two black holes colliding.

Si (inferior):
images

Holds a whole lot of very interesting but probably very useless information.

Ni: (opposing):
images

Very methodical listing of all what could go wrong and what should have gone better if only that crazy Ne wasn't around. (this is meant to be Marvin the pessimistic robot)

Te (critical parent):
images

Here's the answer, you stupid ENTP. Stop searching already and get on with your duties.

Fi (trickster):
images

You think you're using logic, eh? You really think you are??

Se (demon):
images

Try, try, try...

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ti
Corporate%20Gifts%20Silver%20metallic%20executive%20Puzzle%20Globe.jpg

Te
landsysteme_panzer.jpg
(yes, I found a table with tanks! symbol fusion ftw)

Fi
fluffy.jpg

Fe
group-hug.jpg

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Representations of my function-attitude complexes, mostly from cartoon characters (one borrowed from a member here):
archetypes.png

G

garbage

uh maybe for Ni:

floyd.png

Maybe this captures the whole 'metaperspective' aspect, in the white light that is ideally holistic and branches out to a bunch of different linear paths.

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Te:
Te.jpg

Ni:
Ni.jpg

Se:
b2.jpg

Fi:
Fi1.jpg

Shadow Ti: (Poisson equation)
poisson.gif

Shadow Ne: (ice patterns)
Ne.jpg

Shadow Si: (a color)
Si.jpg

Shadow Fe: (aw, animal ruv, hugs for everyone)
Fi.jpg

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
More Te goodness:

Strategic vision:
Te1-1.jpg

Segment! Structure! Systematize!
Te3.jpg

Leadership:
Te4.jpg

Accuracy and Precision
Te5.jpg

Quantify!
T36.jpg

WIN
Te2.jpg

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hero Ne
2d0hqmu.jpg

all is one

Supportive Parent Fi
24nh15y.jpg

i must figure out / decide how i am a part - and my refuge from which to interact with the universe

Relief Te
10de346.png

let's arrange things to make them simpler... and also for the lulz

Aspirational Si
dwrzgw.jpg

i want to connect through ceremony and tradition

Opposing Ni
6i5rtv.png

there is less fear to be found in shadow when remembering that all is one - thus one is all

Critical Parent Fe
des9le.jpg

i feel unwanted, and like i have let those i love down

Deceiving Ti
t69gl4.jpg

something is still missing, maybe if i find it i will be whole

Demonic Se
2q1drv4.png

ooooh shiny

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:laugh: Too cool, especially Ne and Fi

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
thread necro, because i love it too much to see it go away

Fi and Ne...

High_priestess_by_solidgrafi.jpg

(by solidgraf on deviantart)

and Fe and Ni...

Tarot___The_Empress_2_by_amberskyfire.jpg

(by amberskyfire on deviantart)

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Why are all those Fis so calm and at peace with themselves? Isn't there any "restless wanderer" Fi?