Dom Sp/Aux On/Tert Ge/Inf Bob

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Why are all those Fis so calm and at peace with themselves? Isn't there any "restless wanderer" Fi?
    Fi feels fairly "anchored" in me, as an aux function. not rigid, but abiding.

it is Ne that prompts all the wandering.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco
    yeah, that's about how much sense Ni makes to me

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Illustrating the functions - bird style.

Ne

Ti

Te

Ni

Se

Fi

Si

Fe

Enneagram:

sp

so

sx
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    intp

Fi:

Fe:

...sees what others need.

Ti:

...can't have allies, needs to be truthful to self.

...sometimes comes to weird conclusions. Also, tries to be as objective as possible.

...focuses and sees structure.

Ni:

...sees everything in the light of the perceived "truth".

Ne:

Si:

...focus, senses.

Se:

...using weheartit.com and keyword search. It was difficult to find anything cool for some functions.

Se

Ne

Si

Ni

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Lightbulb Cognitive portraits, chemistry-style

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    uh maybe for Ni:

Maybe this captures the whole 'metaperspective' aspect, in the white light that is ideally holistic and branches out to a bunch of different linear paths.
    Pictures representing cognitive functions, chemistry-style, which perhaps Jung would have liked, if he cared more about the alchemical practice than theory, which we chemists have inherited:

Ni:

Te:

I think of Ni as a spectroscope, without the further instrumentation that is required to extract knowledge from. Te is the attached computer to Ni. The issue with this, though, is that spectrometers are often hidden in the instrumentation these days...so transferring it to psychology, people often see Te and rarely Ni.

Fi:

Se:

These two, respectively, involve an implicit valuation of chemistry--in this case, the desire to eliminate harmful chemical processes from the start rather than cleaning up afterwards--and the process of titration, which is all visual

Ne:

Ti:

Ne is the function that tries to find many possible ways of putting things together mentally, such as these chemical groups, on paper for instance. Ti consolidates knowledge into a systematic form, ready for use when necessary, like the IUPAC gold book of chemical jargon shown here. IUPAC has done a great job organising the chemical language so that no one will get confused over what they're talking about.

Fe:

Si:

Fe cares about people. As I have often seen, people invoke the language of chemistry to describe their relationships. And finally...hidden in the background like the air we breathe...Si with the periodic table! Historically, chemists discovered many elements by analysis and these observations were recorded in lab books. Boring though this may be, but it's vital to the existence of our science. [So perhaps another picture for Si would be a lab book.]

So there you have it: a chemical-based portrait of the eight cognitive functions, in order of my personal-cognitive preference.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ti:

Te:

Fi:

Fe:

Si:

Se:

Ni:

Ne:
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTP

The several "superpowers" threads made me want to do this: superhero functions!

To start with the most traditional superhero:

His i-pad connects not only to the internet, but also to his personal Super Archive :-). And, compared to the other super functions, SuperSi is the only one able to boast experience.

The second one I came up with was this one:
    [/URL]
    SuperTi is analysing the situation and will whip out his pencil very soon to announce his judgment...

And I've always wanted to do this. Here's SuperTe:

Because knowing the Force doesn't restrict you to hand-to-hand combat. That's one of my pet peeves in Star Wars: so you've got the technology to destroy planets and you're fighting with a SWORD?!? The only reason I can see is because sword-fighting looks cool. But SuperTe doesn't care about looking cool, hence he gets a kalashnikov.

And, surprisingly, this is only the fourth one I came up with:

Here's SuperNe! I used a traditional muse image, messed around with colour (well why not? It hasn't any use, but hey, this isn't a Te) and some special effects, and added the antennae.

Still thinking about Fe, Fi, Se and Ni...
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    iNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Extraverted Intuition:

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Ni (general)
    LOL I think I lack Ni altogether. I have no idea what that means. Is it supposed to be a fake cow? Cow facade? So we think there is a cow in the field -- eyes are deceiving -- but in reality there is no cow in the field, an alternate perspective Ni style?

Quote Originally Posted by Thisica View Post
    Ne: [image]
    Ne is the function that tries to find many possible ways of putting things together mentally, such as these chemical groups, on paper for instance.
    I think isomers may work for this, too. Seeing all possible isomers, that is. But I very much liked your post, especially Se/titration.

This actually reminds me of something I saw a while ago...
    From http://periodictable.com.

The disk shown is from the intake stage of a jet engine. This may actually work for Ti, especially STP Ti.

Selenium occurs in (fairly) pure form in nature. This native selenium is exactly as it came out of the ground. It is used in many light-sensing applications: photocopiers, automatic light switches and light meters.
    I don't think this is bad either. (Edit: I just realized that, unlike Ti, this requires the description to hold any water. lol)

Unfortunately iron doesn't quite represent Fe properly, haha. I don't think nickel (Ni) or tellurium (Te) really work either. Hm. I probably missed some though. Like Si.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.