User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 220

  1. #11
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    How is that Ni?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  2. #12
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Well some people clearly don't understand Ni. Lol.
    Well, how about some pop-culture Tertiary Ni?

    [youtube=SYDLv8rK4z8]Tertiary Ni[/youtube]

    "With Insomnia, nothing's real. Everything's far away. Everything's a copy, of a copy, of a copy."

    How is that Ni?
    The frame (and thus the character's perspective) is literally shifting to illustrate a total physical detachment. Remember that Ni stands opposite of Se.
    Hello

  3. #13
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    You don't think it is? Maybe I'm unaware and thinking something is Ni that I'm experiencing and it isn't, but I see it as that moment when you have this sudden realization of how things will be and there is nothing you can do to change it, no matter how much you'd like to. So I see that in Robert DeNiro's face, when he suddenly realizes, I am going to get destroyed.

    What's Ni to you?

    Yeah, the Fight Club one is a good way to describe it, too, in my opinion.

  4. #14
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    You don't think it is? Maybe I'm unaware and thinking something is Ni that I'm experiencing and it isn't, but I see it as that moment when you have this sudden realization of how things will be and there is nothing you can do to change it, no matter how much you'd like to. So I see that in Robert DeNiro's face, when he suddenly realizes, I am going to get destroyed.
    Ah I didn't see the clip in that light.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  5. #15
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Ah I didn't see the clip in that light.
    Hello

  6. #16
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    The frame (and thus the character's perspective) is literally shifting to illustrate a total physical detachment. Remember that Ni stands opposite of Se.
    I think that's what can be so nuts about being an ISXP. There can be this frequent shift between the two, when they are two such radically different perceptions. I guess the same could be said for INXP as well, but I just notice the Se-Ni because I live it, and it can seem like this sudden tunnel vision/distortion, I mean I can really feel it, as if I am a camera and I am shifting my focus. But maybe that's just because I was a film major, I dunno.

    It's cool to see it visualized on film, though. Maybe that's why I like movies so much.

  7. #17
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I think that's what can be so nuts about being an ISXP. There can be this frequent shift between the two, when they are two such radically different perceptions. I guess the same could be said for INXP as well, but I just notice the Se-Ni because I live it,
    Definately, I think all the types experience their auxillary and tertiary functions this way.
    Hello

  8. #18
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Se

    [youtube=HYngWc_4-1k]@ 3:25[/youtube]
    Hello

  9. #19
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    These are nice!
    I've added a background to the Se guy I've posted earlier (MBTI comics thread) and made it into a motivational poster. Let's promote Se!



    Edit. This would not be complete without promoting the function which caused me to do all this:



    Just to be clear: Se and Ne are looking at the SAME landscape. Search the similarities
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

  10. #20
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Ti

    [youtube=HvljC8HTgwA]Ti[/youtube]
    Hello

Similar Threads

  1. Archetypes of the Functions
    By proteanmix in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 10-15-2016, 10:25 AM
  2. Freakazoid Illustrates The Functions!
    By VagrantFarce in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 07:46 PM
  3. From the Horses' Mouth: Jung's Root descriptions of the Functions.
    By Eric B in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 08:05 AM
  4. Cognition: Are the Functions Hierarchal?
    By Mempy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 04:07 PM
  5. Does percentage change how much you use the functions?
    By lazyhappy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 02:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO