User Tag List

First 234

Thread: SP vs. N

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    I think this is far more likely to be Ne/Si than Ni/Se.

p.s. Dante's Inferno is a poor man's God of War and turns a classic piece of literature into an adolescent power fantasy god I hate it so much x_x
    Hmm. You know, I really don't want to be an INFP for some reason. It pains me. Perhaps the fact that I have been married to a blatant SP for 11 years colors my perceptions a bit? But I know we are so different, despite our number of shared interests. He talks about skating and my eyes glaze over; I talk about whatever my thing of the moment is and his eyes glaze over. When we talk about the same thing, we approach it... so differently.

Ha ha about the Inferno. That's why I think it's so perfect for a seventeen year old boy to be mulling over at the house of his adversary. But I also think Dante really knows how to use words... some moments are breathtaking... but not so much when he's heaping on the vengeance... and I also think Dante is fully aware of it being an adolescent power fantasy- I mean, look at how the character Dante totally gets off on watching those he hates in pain. So I'd say it's pretty tongue-in-cheek... and of course once with Beatrice, Dante the character starts to realize what a hypocrite he is.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Hmm. You know, I really don't want to be an INFP for some reason. It pains me. Perhaps the fact that I have been married to a blatant SP for 11 years colors my perceptions a bit? But I know we are so different, despite our number of shared interests. He talks about skating and my eyes glaze over; I talk about whatever my thing of the moment is and his eyes glaze over. When we talk about the same thing, we approach it... so differently.
    I get excited talking about skating. I doubt it is an SP v N thing. Skating is such a rush as an Ne too.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I get excited talking about skating. I doubt it is an SP v N thing. Skating is such a rush as an Ne too.
    No, I know. I'd just rather do it or watch it or enjoy it vs talk it- I love Se stuff. But I suppose that's just an introvert vs extrovert thing.