First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh, and I don't know if this is related in any way, shape, or form ... but I seemed to be a lot more attracted to the occult, symbols, and the fantastic as a teenager, which is probably why I first got a result as INFJ when I took the MBTI test at seventeen. I mean, really, really really. I was known for this stuff amongst my friends, like, "marmalade will read your tarot cards and do your astrology chart." I was also obsessed with making connections between spirituality, psychology, and science. I used to do meditations to develop my intuition and "psychic abilities."

Is this Ni, or was I just particularly fanciful as an adolescent?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Oh, and I don't know if this is related in any way, shape, or form ... but I seemed to be a lot more attracted to the occult, symbols, and the fantastic as a teenager, which is probably why I first got a result as INFJ when I took the MBTI test at seventeen. I mean, really, really really. I was known for this stuff amongst my friends, like, "marmalade will read your tarot cards and do your astrology chart." I was also obsessed with making connections between spirituality, psychology, and science. I used to do meditations to develop my intuition and "psychic abilities."

Is this Ni, or was I just particularly fanciful as an adolescent?
    Hm, I'm not sure if that's Ni. I was once interested in magic too, until my Ti kicked in and figured out how silly that was. I think it's just an off-the-charts Ne imagination thing. I've always thought that an ENFP would be the most likely type to be a medium hugging her crystal ball, charging 50 bucks for palm readings.

Ni isn't really your inferior function though anyway. Something about shadows. ::mind begins to implode::

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    I've always thought that an ENFP would be the most likely type to be a medium hugging her crystal ball, charging 50 bucks for palm readings.
    ha ha, ok, makes sense then

Ni isn't really your inferior function though anyway. Something about shadows. ::mind begins to implode::

Yeah, I know it's not my inferior function, but it was something that I've wondered about and never really brought up here.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i played sports as a kid, but my tertiary didn't really kick in in an obvious way until 19-20. and my inferior Se is still, well, it's always there but it's ability to fight back, assert itself, create a strong space for itself to impact my awareness, well, those elements are still underdeveloped. i have an obvious push for new sensory experiences, but they get totally drowned out by the (Ni) radio most of the time. an occasional serene benevelont moment of Se can re-center me, but i need to already be moving and have the momentum for it to really get me off the ground.

i think dealing with stress could promote function development in a huge schismatic prism of ways. but the basic template for type development and function error-checking, blind-spot reduction, etc still stands as is.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I can play along to this. I'm nearing 20 years of age, and my Te has surely beat me down in the past year or two of 'adulthood'. It's usually there when I've realized what a disorganized, jump-to-conclusions based on Fi/Si person I can be. I've become aware of this and sometimes forcefully heed Te by acting like something foreign (decision-making, assertive, cold, jerk in rare extremes). I'm not sure if this is because I'm trying to improve myself or if I'm just being a fake.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

What would it be like for an INFP?
    <3

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Look at the post right above you^^^
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

So I'm an INTP and the Fe came about when I started dating a boy. My whole life I had prided myself on not being all feeling-y and a girly girl. I even was proud that I didn't cry for like 3 years of my life or something. But then I started dating this boy at 16 and was surprised at all the emotions I started to feel. I remember thinking, when and why and how did I get so emotional????? WTF? I still to this day am trying to figure out all these emotions I feel when I am involved with someone.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by milkyway2 View Post
    So I'm an INTP and the Fe came about when I started dating a boy. My whole life I had prided myself on not being all feeling-y and a girly girl. I even was proud that I didn't cry for like 3 years of my life or something. But then I started dating this boy at 16 and was surprised at all the emotions I started to feel. I remember thinking, when and why and how did I get so emotional????? WTF? I still to this day am trying to figure out all these emotions I feel when I am involved with someone.
    Hm, that sounds more like some Fi stuff kicking in. It happens to me too when I really like a guy. We Ti users don't really know how to make logical sense out of strong emotions, and it really bother us. It's something I envy in FPs some times. It would probably make dating a lot more natural for me. But anyway, Fe isn't really responsible for strong internal, personal emotions.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Hmmmm i see. I guess I don't know the difference between fe and fi