User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Of all the things that people use the MBTI to determine, determining relationship success is the worst.
    +1

Seriously people, quit doing that to yourselves.

MBTI
    INTP

Alright. I will from here on consider myself a member of the ISFJ fan club without trying to make a pattern out of it.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad View Post
    I can see how an ISTP might be attracted an INTJ, but what makes an INTJ attracted to an ISFP ? I'm not even sure see how an INFJ might be attracted to an ISFP.
    I can only speak for myself but my attracting INTJ's for me is purely on the friendship level. I get no "spark" from them. If it wasn't for our common interests I doubt I'd be dating my INFJ currently. I think it would be pretty boring.

I could see how INFJ and ISFP could work. I don't know how they would meet but yeah. It could work. Anything can work.

INTJ and ISFP? That's a bit tougher.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    ENFP > ESTJ, ENTJ [Te]

INFP> ISFJ, ISTJ [Si]
    I'm attracted to some ENTJs, if they really are N and to some I'm not.
    I'm not attracted to ANY SJs, in ANY form, anywhere, at least not for real - maybe something initially but that's more unhealthy attraction when i'm stressed or something and happens with 1 of 100 SJs, if, and lasts very shortly.
    +though i can be friends with SFJ girls... but that's other thing.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

why teritary?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    I'm attracted to some ENTJs, if they really are N and to some I'm not.
    I'm not attracted to ANY SJs, in ANY form, anywhere, at least not for real - maybe something initially but that's more unhealthy attraction when i'm stressed or something and happens with 1 of 100 SJs, if, and lasts very shortly.
    +though i can be friends with SFJ girls... but that's other thing.
    I tend to be a little prejudice against SJs however my mom is an isfj and is my favorite person in the world. It was funny her and my enfp dad went on a train trip for thanksgiving and when I was playing cards with dad she would actively prevent him from cheating. Fs take some of the harsher edges off SJs.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    why teritary?
    Tertiary shares the same energy source (introversion/extroversion) as the primary. Because of this, tertiary is considered the 'relief function', called upon as an alternative when the dominate function isn't getting the job done.

Romantically, it creates an opportunity where someone's stressed state naturally aligns with someone's strong state. Not only is there potential connection, but there is the added comfort which may add an intangible element to it.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sofmarhof View Post
    Another pattern of those eight pairs is that each one's inferior is the other's secondary.

So... we consciously admire our tertiary function, a minor weakness, as a dominant function as others.
    But we unconsciously admire our inferior function, a major weakness, so we like it as a secondary in others while as a dominant we would find it overwhelming.

I know it's not quite right to refer to them as "weaknesses" but I don't know what else to call them.
    i like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    The tertiary is carried by the Child complex (while dominant is hero, and aux. is parent), so the tertiary will tend to look up to its hero and parent counterparts in others.

Too much of others' dom or aux version of your tertiary will become intimidating or smothering.
    It's s similar dynamic for the inferior.
    i agree with this and with athenian. these relationships seem to attract a very strange and dysfunctional imbalance, preying on inadequacies. and not introducing new functions to shore up serious weak spots (which is very helpful, either a new judgment pair or a new perceptual pair).

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad View Post
    I can see how an ISTP might be attracted an INTJ, but what makes an INTJ attracted to an ISFP ? I'm not even sure see how an INFJ might be attracted to an ISFP.
    intjs see isfps as stylish, physically present, physically aware, socially self-confident, warm, and lovable. oh so cute and adorable. intjs love adorable. they see isfps as designer teddy bears in human form.

auxilary Se is appealing for injs period. Fi can be too weighty and heavy for infjs, for intjs they naturally understand it, but can detach and move on with Te. infjs can get a little too bogged down in someone else's emotions and it can start to cause one end of the ship to capsize. istps share functions with infjs (same quadra), so they have Ti which we seriously admire, we have Ni which they seriously admire, and we both have the other's inferior as our aux. we are attracted to their social/sexual competitiveness, they are attracted to our mental/emotional sensitivity, gentleness, awareness. we immediately see the whole of them.

with that said, for me an istp would be a suicide attempt waiting to happen. perhaps both ways (considered making a tactful murder suicide joke here, but decided to withhold for the sake of good taste).

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Of all the things that people use the MBTI to determine, determining relationship success is the worst.
    i disagree. they show stock part relationships right out of the box. which is far from saying they are all-inclusive or determine the whole of a relationship's success rating. yet, they show the basics with striking transparency. subjective experience, psychological health/resiliency/balance/stress/practical success, enneagram defenses (ego formation), etc all play a large part as well. as do cultural factors, the thin gray line between aesthetics and ethics, etc. but throwing out all analysis bc analysis is limited is a rather pointless view, collapsing all ideas and perspectives into nothing.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by sofmarhof View Post
    Guardian/Rational
    ISFJ (SiFe) > INTP (TiNe)
    Projecting outwards from this one pairing I have first-hand experience of, it all depends on attitude:

• If you are open to seeing each other's approach as legitimate, it's an awesome opportunity for growth because you catalyze the development of each other's ter/inf.
    • If you are bent on making them behave like you and "winning," you are gonna have a miserable time. I mean, it's utterly hellacious.

Also, you both "complement" each other beautifully. You both naturally can develop each other's strengths, while at the same time they can take the lead in their area of strength and you in yours. The bases are typically covered.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Having read through most of this I've got to say it doesn't resonate with me as an INFP having been married to an ENTJ. Even now I find NTs top my list. However, having learned about MBTI and hanging out on this and other MBTI based forums I believe I could make a relationship work with any type if it started off at all well.