User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 73

  1. #51
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    INTP> ISFJ, ISTJ [Si]

    Thoughts?
    Err...no. Sorry, Pink.
    I think this might happen frequently because of population dynamics, rather than compatibility - if the INTP-married-to-ISFJ support group is anything to go by..

    I am attracted to Ne-doms. Si is perhaps the least appealing function for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  2. #52
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    The first thing that attracted me were the Ti wordplay and puns. The next thing I noticed was how open he was in discussing any and everything without shame or drama. He would state things very matter-of-factly and it would all be very well thought out and detached. He was completely introspective but was missing the point of all of it, or the big lesson. He saw everything but the obvious and was just drowning in details - basically he was missing a shit load of Ne, which I have in spades.
    Interesting!

    He was overemphasizing Ti to the detriment of his intuitive capacities? I take it his Si is weak?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  3. #53
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Interesting!

    He was overemphasizing Ti to the detriment of his intuitive capacities? I take it his Si is weak?
    Um, no - his Si is too damn strong. He is almost all Ti-Si. Everything that happens and everything I say, is compared to another time when something similar happened at some other point in his life. Everything that is new and refreshing is not embraced, it is gawked at because "this has never happened to me before".

    So this can easily turn to where he feels helpless now in a certain situation because when he was 5 he was helpless in a similar situation, and that's how things always were and hence, will and should be. Like driving. He was never able to get the hang of it as a youth, so obviously nothing will change just because he is an adult. Whereas I assert that everything has changed and will continue to change because he is an adult. Do you get what I mean?

    He is also lacking Fe, which is less surprising. It can wear on me a bit but in the end, I can physically see where I fit in his life. And in turn I have a strong Ti but nowhere near his level and capacity for detail (thank God) and since my Si is virtually non-existent, he provides serious grounding for me.

  4. #54
    Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sofmarhof View Post
    Yeah, not so good for predicting the success of a relationship
    Personally, I disagree, but at the same time, that doesn't mean it makes sense to base whether or not to be with someone primarily on type matching. Someone's preferences are just another thing that ought really be considered, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by sofmarhof View Post
    I think this does at least predict a fairly conflict-free relationship. Anyone want to disagree? Ever had a huge fight with whatever type this pairing puts you with?
    My biggest conflicts are with XXTJs, excluding INTJs, because I'm not sure I know any irl. Assuming I'm an ENFP or an INFP, my attraction, according the this theory, would be to those I have the most conflict with. If I'm an ENFJ though, this works out great.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

  5. #55
    Senior Member sofmarhof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    327

    Default

    So what does the source of conflict you have with TJs tend to be, if you don't mind sharing?

    Because what I'm thinking is, there are certain problems a P and a J are likely to lave with each other, especially when living together. If a P and a J are going to get along, it's likely they'll be a TJ and an FP or an FJ and a TP, not a TJ and a TP, because the issues the J is most rigid on are the ones the P is the most laid back about.

  6. #56
    Senior Member BlueGray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    474

    Default

    I don't really have a reason, but I can attest to the fact that most of my friendships seem to be to ISJs.

  7. #57
    Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sofmarhof View Post
    So what does the source of conflict you have with TJs tend to be, if you don't mind sharing?
    I think the issue is primarily with STJs, and those conflicts have typically centered around:

    Dutifulness versus purposefulness; Wanting to have the answer vs. wanting to understand the reasons; Attention to behavior vs attention to the motive; Faith in the traditional vs. exploration of the alternatives; Valuing external structure and control vs. not; Pessimistic outlook vs. idealistic; Valuing most institutions vs. not, or needing to have the worth of an institution proven, etc..

    Quote Originally Posted by sofmarhof View Post
    Because what I'm thinking is, there are certain problems a P and a J are likely to lave with each other, especially when living together. If a P and a J are going to get along, it's likely they'll be a TJ and an FP or an FJ and a TP, not a TJ and a TP, because the issues the J is most rigid on are the ones the P is the most laid back about.
    Hmm. TJ and FP and FJ and TP getting along best over the long term? What do you base that theory upon? I can see the attraction, for sure. We often want what we don't have, so opposites have a way of attracting.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

  8. #58
    Senior Member sofmarhof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Maybe not best, as in FJ and TP won't be better than two TPs, and yeah--this thread was originally just about attraction, wasn't it? Oops. But Ti people seem to really take issue with Te (I know I do). So I'd take an ISFJ over an ISTJ.

  9. #59
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Personally I tend to be attracted to SPs, NTPs, and the occasional FJ.

    No NTJs hardly ever, at all. No SJs, generally speaking, aside from one or two ISFJs. Definitely not ESTJ or ISTJ.

    That's why I don't agree with this theory in my own personal experience.

  10. #60
    Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    199

    Default

    I can see how an ISTP might be attracted an INTJ, but what makes an INTJ attracted to an ISFP ? I'm not even sure see how an INFJ might be attracted to an ISFP.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] What function of INFJ makes her attracted to players?
    By shanix in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2015, 02:27 AM
  2. Are you attracted to people who represent your weaker functions?
    By Stansmith in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 08:01 PM
  3. Which function do you feel attracted to?
    By Fay in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-16-2013, 08:44 PM
  4. Please tell me how it feels like to use your primary functions in everyday life
    By Lightyear in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 09:49 PM
  5. learning to use functions
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO