User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah, I agree with this.

Sorry I don't have more to say, but I've come up with this idea before. The danger, though, is that these pairs can easily become a serious drain on each other. In some cases, the stronger of the two can become a parasite.

MBTI
    INTP

Another pattern of those eight pairs is that each one's inferior is the other's secondary.

So... we consciously admire our tertiary function, a minor weakness, as a dominant function as others.
    But we unconsciously admire our inferior function, a major weakness, so we like it as a secondary in others while as a dominant we would find it overwhelming.

I know it's not quite right to refer to them as "weaknesses" but I don't know what else to call them.

MBTI
    xxxx

ISTJs and ISFJs are good people, but the ones I know off of this forum focus a little too much on seemingly monotonous details of everyday life for my taste; also highly prone to seeing things from an nonadjustable black-and-white perspective. Of course, I haven't quite met an IS_J like that on this forum and by no means will propose that it defines all IS_Js.

Si as I've seen it feels too mindless and controlling. If something attracted me to an IS_J, it would probably be the Fe or Te.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    If I may be allowed to toot my own horn, this might illuminate (pardon me, I just watched Angels and Demons) Si a little better.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post925620
    Thanks, that was helpful. I feel like I understand how Si works for me pretty well now, but I still don't quite understand what it's like to have it as a dominant function. Not helped by this, which was evidently written by someone who doesn't think very highly of ISFJs as they are described at the epitome of a doormat. This one's much better.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Neat stuff. I think Te doms and Si doms have attracted me, primarily, when I've felt like I needed to compensate for some deficiency in myself as a result of feeling depressed. Se is most attractive to me any other time. Next, are Ti and Ne.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Hmm. Interesting. I'm dating an INFJ and strangely enough I collect INTJ friends like no one's business! We seem to have instant and easy connections.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

violaine

The theory holds for me, Pink. I am weirdly drawn to ISTPs and INTPs in real life. I haven't met many but almost every one of them 'pops' out from the background to me. It's very odd and compelling. But nothing ever really comes of it and it always feels like a lot is lost in translation too. Has the feeling of a good, solid friendship after some time.

Glycerine

That makes sense, Pink. I have always found ESTPs and IXTPs to be most amusing.
    On a side note, are you reconsidering your type: XNFJ?

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Thoughts?
    So reciprocal 3rd-1st, 1st-3rd will be especially attracted to eachother?
    E.g. INTP <-> ISFJ : Ti-Si <-> Si-Ti ?
    Very interesting.
    What do you see as the direction of the attraction, 3rd attracting 1st or the other way around?
    INtj | 9w1

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
    So reciprocal 3rd-1st, 1st-3rd will be especially attracted to eachother?
    E.g. INTP <-> ISFJ : Ti-Si <-> Si-Ti ?
    Very interesting.
    What do you see as the direction of the attraction, 3rd attracting 1st or the other way around?
    In Socionics, it's essentially 1st to 3rd.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?