User Tag List

123 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Default Type related personality disorders

Check it out. PTypes - Correspondence of PTypes, Keirsey, Enneagram, Psychiatric, and Astrological Types

ENFJ Obsessive-Compulsive
    INFJ Avoidant
    ENFP Paranoid
    INFP Histrionic

ENTJ Sadistic
    INTJ Schizotypal
    ENTP Compensatory Narcissistic
    INTP Schizoid

ESTJ Passive-Aggressive
    ISTJ Depressive
    ESFJ Masochistic
    ISFJ Dependent

ESTP Narcissistic
    ISTP Antisocial
    ESFP Borderline
    ISFP Cyclothymic
    There's loads of stuff and links about this. I'm looking forward for the days we can replace the awkward four letters and just use the disorders as type definitions.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I am nowhere near histrionic.

From the ones listed there, I am closest to schizotypal, schizoid, avoidant, and perhaps borderline and depressive.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

i dont agree, with any of these. which type would be asperger?

MBTI measures preferences. That's it.
    What's next, suggesting those who prefer mustard on their hotdog have serial-killing tendencies? Lol.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Eh, they're not all garbage, but you might want to look into unbalanced functions where the secondary is underdeveloped (ex. Ni/Ti for INFJ) to better explain a lot of these things. I see a lot of people with social issues that I believe can be explained by Ne/Fe or Fe/Ne (ENTP or ESFJ at their worst). It results in someone who has LOTS of imagination and LOTS of dependence on approval with no internal filter. I would link you to other posts, because I'm sure they exist, but I can't remember any off the top of my head. Another example would be Ni/Ti (interestingly enough, I'm pretty sure I've heard somewhere that Jung classified himself as Ni/Ti, although I have no evidence to back that up), which could result in a very very very intelligent person with absolutely NO grip on reality. I'm sure there's lots of possibilities.

Lol, this sounds like that rigid Enneagram garabage.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by capricorn009 View Post
    Lol, this sounds like that rigid Enneagram garabage.
    O_o

I'm not near bipolar. So no. I'm a pretty stable person.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    Eh, they're not all garbage, but you might want to look into unbalanced functions where the secondary is underdeveloped (ex. Ni/Ti for INFJ) to better explain a lot of these things. I see a lot of people with social issues that I believe can be explained by Ne/Fe or Fe/Ne (ENTP or ESFJ at their worst).
    I can see that if I had gone a different way in the past I might have developed the histrionic disorder. It seems unlikely that an introvert is described as attention-seeking, dramatic and so on, but had I taken introversion as a weakness to be destroyed or at least faked away, I would have been there... So, it is interesting option to consider if the personality disorders are type related into any degree.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    I see a lot of people with social issues that I believe can be explained by Ne/Fe or Fe/Ne (ENTP or ESFJ at their worst). It results in someone who has LOTS of imagination and LOTS of dependence on approval with no internal filter.
    I agree with this. You are basically describing narcissism at its finest. ENTP and ESFJ don't automatically yield narcissism. I think ENTPs and ESFJs are just more susceptible to being narcissistic because of the potential for an unbalanced introverted function. Ne/Fe with no secondary Si or Ti is a surefire way to depend on your external world for validation.

Another example would be Ni/Ti (interestingly enough, I'm pretty sure I've heard somewhere that Jung classified himself as Ni/Ti, although I have no evidence to back that up), which could result in a very very very intelligent person with absolutely NO grip on reality. I'm sure there's lots of possibilities.
    I would expound upon this by saying that you are kind of describing Asperger's syndrome or autism. INFJs with Ni/Ti or INTJs with Ni/Fi and underdeveloped Fe/Te (respectively) would lead to a lots of intelligence and capacity for insight but zero grip on the external world, particularly within social contexts. I don't know if Jung officially had Asperger's, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

I'd also go so far as to say that paranoia, shizophrenia, and shizotypal disorders are a result of extreme N with nothing to balance that out.

I think unbalanced Fi also makes people more susceptible to depression, and then maybe Ne/Fi or Se/Fi makes one more vulnerable to bipolar disorder.

Of course, I can't really claim that your personality type causes a disorder. It's probably more accurate to say that a personality disorder causes one to be grouped into a certain type. It's chemistry, not categories.