User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    I agree with this. You are basically describing narcissism at its finest. ENTP and ESFJ don't automatically yield narcissism. I think ENTPs and ESFJs are just more susceptible to being narcissistic because of the potential for an unbalanced introverted function. Ne/Fe with no secondary Si or Ti is a surefire way to depend on your external world for validation.

I would expound upon this by saying that you are kind of describing Asperger's syndrome or autism. INFJs with Ni/Ti or INTJs with Ni/Fi and underdeveloped Fe/Te (respectively) would lead to a lots of intelligence and capacity for insight but zero grip on the external world, particularly within social contexts. I don't know if Jung officially had Asperger's, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

I'd also go so far as to say that paranoia, shizophrenia, and shizotypal disorders are a result of extreme N with nothing to balance that out.

I think unbalanced Fi also makes people more susceptible to depression, and then maybe Ne/Fi or Se/Fi makes one more vulnerable to bipolar disorder.

Of course, I can't really claim that your personality type causes a disorder. It's probably more accurate to say that a personality disorder causes one to be grouped into a certain type. It's chemistry, not categories.
    Well. Aren't we a clever little pixie.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Meh. I'd found this stuff over ten years ago. I actually had avoidant personality disorder as a teenager (the diagnosis isn't used that much, since it's pretty much a type of generalized social phobia). For that reason, I figured I might be an INFJ (that and the fact that I'd been getting INTJ or INFJ on online tests). The descriptions didn't fit me and I abandoned mbti and related theories for quite a long time.

If one wants to examine correlations between personality type and personality disorders, there are likely several types that tend to be susceptible to each disorder. It seems quite forced that they felt the need to name one type for each disorder, and one disorder for each type.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Well. Aren't we a clever little pixie.
    Why yes, I am. My mother's refrigerator is strewn with straight-A report cards and papers with big gold star stickers all over them

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Of course, I can't really claim that your personality type causes a disorder. It's probably more accurate to say that a personality disorder causes one to be grouped into a certain type. It's chemistry, not categories.
    How about "certain personality type makes it more probable that you will have certain personality disorder"?

EDIT: Ah, yes, this is what I was going for:

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    If one wants to examine correlations between personality type and personality disorders, there are likely several types that tend to be susceptible to each disorder. It seems quite forced that they felt the need to name one type for each disorder, and one disorder for each type.

MBTI
    NICE

Why yes, I am. My mother's refrigerator is strewn with straight-A report cards and papers with big gold star stickers all over them
    Good for you.

Go to the top of the class. And fall off.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    This.

I'm nowhere near Depressive. I would say out of all these, the closest one for me is Obsessive Compulsive, which is "assigned to" ENFJ.

The thing that gets me laughing is INFP and histrionic... I mean WTF?! Can't get much more B.S. than that. :yim_rolling_on_the_

I stand corrected - it can get more ridiculous - they listed the ESTJ as "leisurely".

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    How about "certain personality type makes it more probable that you will have certain personality disorder"?
    I understand that was your original implication. I was just offering a different view; perhaps having a certain disorder twists around the functions and causes one to appear to be a certain type. It's kind of a trivial chicken/egg argument though, so whatev...

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Good for you.

Go to the top of the class. And fall off.
    Sounds like fun. Can you make sure all of your friends down at the bottom with you move out of the way first? I don't want any bloody noses or broken ribs on my conscious. Thanks!

I was just offering a different view; perhaps having a certain disorder twists around the functions and causes one to appear to be a certain type.
    How about offering something a little more plausible, such as the alleged function orders aren't even accurate to begin with.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    How about offering something a little more plausible, such as the alleged function orders aren't even accurate to begin with.
    Well, I was just operating off the theory that's resident within this thread. We can talk about that though, too. Why don't you elaborate?