User Tag List

123 Last

Default ENxPs - does Ne ever get the best of you?

Do you have issues curbing your Ne, in that your Ti/Fi cannot keep up with it?

And, you're left with an explosion of thoughts on a particular topic, that you just *know* are all related somehow, but, it seems like there's not enough time to figure out how they ALL connect, interweave, to present a coherent picture?

Do you get frustrated with this? Does it feel like a piece of knowledge nugget that came to you, slipped through your fingers, just as fast, because you couldn't grasp on to it fast enough? What do you do to tackle this?

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes!

That's exactly the reason why I decided to put an E in front of my type.
    I have got a lot of introvert characteristics (like the need to get away from socializing etc), but if I think in terms of functions,... I have always this picture of my Ne blurting out associations like mad and even all four of my judger functions together not being able to follow!

I think it is meant to be even more stupid for ENFPs because we don't screen stuff as much as ENTPs and take everything on board in case.

I collect pens, and try to always have a notebook around at home. But sometimes I'm driving in the car and lots of great ideas come to me. Actually it happens more often in the car than most places, because I'm on my own and isolated. There is no way to write them down or capture them while driving, so I normally just try to remember the best ones for later, and sort of kill the train of thought by doing it. Otherwise I go through the whole problem then and there then forget it completely till it pops up again 6 months later.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I find Ti so tiring because of this, I have thoughts and ideas but my brain goes all srcewed and msuhy wehn it treis to keep up I can only explain myself via: :steam:

I have so many thoughts racing around that I know must be related but I can't see why and I lose the abilities that I usually take for granted, like basic speech and sentence construction

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    What do you do to tackle this?
    I didn't answer this question...
    I've learnt to let those ideas slip through without worrying about them. Don't try to remember those glimpses, it doesn't work and it's only frustrating.
    Trust your Ne to come up with more of them. Trust your Ti or Fi to select the ones worth selecting.
    Please, don't mourn the missed ones. If they are good, they'll eventually come back!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Hell yeah. I have, specifically for Fi thoughts, a journal I have with me at all times, and I have one specifically for random Ne thoughts that still need further processing. Inspired by this forum of course, and my frustration at losing the most valuable ideas at times, and finding myself scribbling stuff on the back of a grocery ticket from your last shopping trip, with not enough room and then the risk of losing said ticket somewhere after painfully writing down everything that comes into your mind and trying to fit it on there all somehow. :steam:

So yes. Of course, now I have the problem that sometimes I forget to take my booklets with, but most of the time, I'm covered when inspiration strikes
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Hell yeah. I have, specifically for Fi thoughts, a journal I have with me at all times, and I have one specifically for random Ne thoughts that still need further processing. Inspired by this forum of course, and my frustration at losing the most valuable ideas at times, and finding myself scribbling stuff on the back of a grocery ticket from your last shopping trip, with not enough room and then the risk of losing said ticket somewhere after painfully writing down everything that comes into your mind and trying to fit it on there all somehow. :steam:
    hehe, I've done the scribble on grocery dockets. I occasionally record stuff with my phone also. And have written a paragraph or two in the steam on the shower screen while showering. All my note books from university have more about other things written in them than the subject. I've actually kept them all because of this.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP

What I tend to do is spew out the thoughts ... verbal diarrhea and then make the connections on the spot... often when talking with someone I figure things out as I am speaking... but often at the start I don't know where I;m going with something
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

I tend to send myself trigger words through my cell's texts. Also, I have a lot of Notepad docs filled with random trails of thought. I have tried writing it down on random scraps of paper...but I never re-locate those pieces of paper.

When it gets too much, I take myself away from external stimuli, become a hermit, and give my mind some quiet rest time to sort all the stuff out.

I wonder, is this the same for Ni doms? INxJs? I'd think the conflict was more apparent for Ne doms because we need the external stimuli, while the Ni doms can (and do) naturally have their quiet head-space time.

Thanks for all the commentaries.

Tamske, that's a very insightful suggestion....forget lamenting about those that got away, if they were important enough, they'd come back. I guess, I just don't like a lot of 'what ifs' piling up without them getting analyzed and sorted. Must work on this aspect of my frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I think it is meant to be even more stupid for ENFPs because we don't screen stuff as much as ENTPs and take everything on board in case.
    I wouldn't think that. Ne perceives unfiltered, what our introverted judging function does comes secondary to it, to bring it up to our concrete consciousness. Ne is just as whack unchecked, regardless of what judging function gets implemented on the fetched bits of scraps Ne brings back to us. Ti or Fi.

It just might seem more 'stupid' for ENFP, if it's without the influence of Te, just Fi analysis, because, in the ENTP counterpart, Ti makes the analysis more detached/sterile than Fi.

PS - I loved the story of you writing stuff down using the steam from your shower.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENTp

Seemingly relevant connections of current thoughts and possible future thoughts are passing through my mind at any given moment.

The way I see it, the truly relevant thoughts will prove their relevancy either by passing through my thoughts enough times to be remembered or by inherently having enough value to be memorable.

Essentially, those thoughts relevant enough to be worthy of memory will be remembered. Those thoughts irrelevant enough to be unworthy of memory will not be remembered.

Perhaps, the trains of thought that are afixed to memory are done so precisely because Ti classifies them away in a meaningful way.

But, in general, Ti can not keep up. If Ti could keep up, I would be an INTP with Ne subservient to the master Ti. That is not the case, and I would not want it any other way (to be perfectly honest).