User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by blizzy View Post
    The way I see it, the truly relevant thoughts will prove their relevancy either by passing through my thoughts enough times to be remembered or by inherently having enough value to be memorable.

Essentially, those thoughts relevant enough to be worthy of memory will be remembered. Those thoughts irrelevant enough to be unworthy of memory will not be remembered.

Perhaps, the trains of thought that are afixed to memory are done so precisely because Ti classifies them away in a meaningful way.
    My contention with this is that I know some of those Ne thoughts are barely on the periphery of the topic or discussion at hand. Thus, it doesn't *stick* as well.

But, it's novelty, lack of obvious relevance (Ti processed), makes it even more intriguing than the obvious trains of thoughts. Hence, why it makes me frustrated when they get away.

Because I felt like I was beginning to capture something that has never been perceived by me before, or was so off-the-well-trodden-path that I only saw a glimpse of it, before it died out against the other noises, and I lost it forever.

It was so rare, and the rarity made it more hazy, less understood, less easy to capture (by Ti), that it slipped by me, and was lost (potentially forever) unless a deja vu were to happen, where the thought was recreated due to its associations being replicated again in a moment's external stimuli.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzy View Post
    But, in general, Ti can not keep up. If Ti could keep up, I would be an INTP with Ne subservient to the master Ti. That is not the case, and I would not want it any other way (to be perfectly honest).
    A thousand times, YES, in agreement. Although I love what Ti is capable of doing, Ne steals my over and over again. It is my brain-child for creativity and wit and amusement at this farce called life. It allows me to amuse myself in ways others can't even begin to imagine. The amount of times, I make myself laugh.........

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I also find that when I write it down, regardless if i'll ever look at it again, it sorta forces the chaos to leave my brain. I constantly feel like I'm forgetting stuff when I don't, that I'm losing part of the pattern, basically, and I find that writing it down organizes it better in my head so i need less 'RAM' to overview it all.

I consider the inside of my head to look like the universe, with stars swirling around, infinitely related in patterns. Writing things down allows me to take those stars and properly name them and categorize them, file them in a handy way.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Yes, it does. Ne always rules and Te tries to follow, picking up after Ne, folding and stacking and making neat in Ne's wake....shaking it's head and mumbling under it's breadth the whole time but silently worshiping Ne too Most of the time, when Ne is not in overdrive, the relationship works fine.

However, when caught in an Ne hailstorm of ideas, I've found it most useful to employ a sounding board...INXJs are best. They're too nice to say, that was really dumb, don't call me when you're in a storm again, kay?

Seriously, they're really good at thinking through all the balls Ne throws out, highlighting why some ideas won't work and others would. They keep up and can help pick out the few really great ideas from the many crazy unworkable ones that Ne spews....They're good cheerleaders while not indulging the ideas that should be thrown out. That's very useful. I find talking through an NE hailstorm to be of most help. If I stew in them by myself during a storm, I'll drown in my own sea of Ne....

MBTI
    xxxx

No need to be an EN_P for Ne to get ahead of the Ji function. My natural response to such moments is to answer what I can and keep the rest in the mental question drawer. There's always more questions that answers. Connections can always be hammered down.

Usually, I'll just roll with the "insight" for a few days or so until it reaches contradiction or logic fills in the holes.

I agree with the "sounding board" technique. Aggressively pursue and idea until it hits a conclusion of some sort.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Yes, it does. Ne always rules and Te tries to follow, picking up after Ne, folding and stacking and making neat in Ne's wake....shaking it's head and mumbling under it's breadth the whole time but silently worshiping Ne too Most of the time, when Ne is not in overdrive, the relationship works fine.

However, when caught in an Ne hailstorm of ideas, I've found it most useful to employ a sounding board...INXJs are best. They're too nice to say, that was really dumb, don't call me when you're in a storm again, kay?

Seriously, they're really good at thinking through all the balls Ne throws out, highlighting why some ideas won't work and others would. They keep up and can help pick out the few really great ideas from the many crazy unworkable ones that Ne spews....They're good cheerleaders while not indulging the ideas that should be thrown out. That's very useful. I find talking through an NE hailstorm to be of most help. If I stew in them by myself during a storm, I'll drown in my own sea of Ne....

investing in your very own sounding board is a very wise idea for a Ne-dom!
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post

What I tend to do is spew out the thoughts ... verbal diarrhea and then make the connections on the spot... often when talking with someone I figure things out as I am speaking... but often at the start I don't know where I;m going with something
    This is the way I usually do it.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Like others have said, talking to someone else is always the most helpful thing for me, especially because I can view what I'm saying from their imagined perspective AND get their actual perspective at the same time (the last part is very useful if the person is quick or thorough). If I don't have somewhere specific to aim, I can just accumulate the most huge mass of stuff. And it grows and grows!
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It might be a good idea for some of you Ne doms to keep a small digital voice recorder in your car at all times. If you start getting ideas while you are driving, all you have to do is press the record button and let the ideas flow. I know an ENTP who talked about doing this - don't know if it ever happened, but I've even thought it would be good for me and my Ne is secondary.

MBTI
    ENFP

My F gets the best of me- ahem, but my N is always looking out for me
    Holy sh**t a talking muffin!

All shotguns and lace.

MBTI
    ENTP

I can always see how it's related myself, but I sometimes can't describe that relationship in words. This results in me looking crazy on occasion
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.