User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm an avid hiker and I think that feeds my Se a bit. I'm sure I experience a hike different than a Se dominant, but I think it helps develop my inferior a bit. I've also been trying to make an effort to actually create something tangible with my ideas & feelings - usually something artsy. That seems rather Se to me.

My shadow functions are the ones I have problems developing. I seem to have a good enough grasp on Ne, but I'm clueless on how to develop Te, Fi, & Si. I'm equally clueless on how to stop feeling negative about Fi & Si. I feel downright selfish if I need to use Fi (and if I say someone did something selfish, I am normally referring to a Fi driven action) & Si is all but a mystery to me. Even in my thread deciphering my boyfriend's type (whom IS probably an ISFJ & an absolutely wonderful man), I was so hesistant to accept the Si dominant b/c I cannot figure out how to NOT think of Si in a negative way.

MBTI
    ENFP

this is really cool, thanks for the stuff FL, and everyone...i've only been partially interested in this since about may when i'm not getting carried away....
    if a person had developed all the functions say, how would they be described and is this possible to achieve?

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    this is really cool, thanks for the stuff FL, and everyone...i've only been partially interested in this since about may when i'm not getting carried away....
    if a person had developed all the functions say, how would they be described and is this possible to achieve?

They would be Jesus, Buddha, God, etc.

I've read in some descriptions of personality typing, especially if with the thinking of Ennegream and 'evolving' and going along with the idea of reincarnation -- you only reincarnate until you 'get it' and become 'enlightened' which to me basically means 'perfect' or you've maxed out all the human check boxes you needed to master and you transcend humanity.

Or maybe personality is how your ego expresses itself with the world. But once you become 'perfect' you no longer have an ego in the traditional sense.

Something like that.

So an elightened being like Jesus, Buddha, etc. are beyond traditional typing.

And if you 'max out' and 'perfect' your typing, you would be enlightened.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    For example in another thread I talked about how ENFPs (Dominant Ne) can end up strung out and exhausted from paying too much attention to external stimuli. They need to develop their Auxiliary function (Fi) as a filter. That is, they need to sort through external stimuli and decide what's worthy of their attention and what's not (as opposed to noticing everything occurring around them and getting burnt out from being bombarded by stimuli).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbourn3 View Post
    Expose yourself to uncomfortable situations all the time. :-P
    On both counts, agreed!

Hellbourn, that is actually my strategy for self-improvement in general. With the ultimate goal of living without fear, or living with fear meaning it doesn't control you or hamper the quality of your life.

FineLine -- uncanny. I had this issue when I was younger, had no idea it had personality type correlation. I would usually have to try at least 3 seats in a movie theater before settling. Small things would bother me needlessly in general. I could get so angry about someone or something that I literally could not sleep at night.

I trained myself out of this by making myself stay in the seat and quieting the firestorm of protests in my mind. It wasn't just the stimuli, it was the value judgement it was burdened with -- meaning if I settled for a less than ideal seat, I was settling for less than what I deserved and I was capitulating to 2nd class treatment and never getting what I truly deserved in life. I also felt this compulsion to 'keep searching' and 'keep trying for something better which I know is out there'. Sound a little too much?

I was able to train myself to refocus on what was really important and try to use my Se to really see the situation more objectively. Being more grounded and with more reserves of and general command over my faculties, I was able to actualize more of my goals and fare better in interpersonal interactions. Basically, I learnd to say and act on things in the moment to the fullest and exactly the way I wanted at that moment -- and then accept the consequences and let it go. You can only truly let something go when you have no regrets, and if you didn't get to say or do what you wanted to, that's a HUGE regret that is hard to let go of.

I am much better at living in the moment and feel like a healthier person who is much better able to take care of myself. The irony is that now I am MUCH less prone to emotional outbursts because I am able to more grounded and express myself honestly and authentically most of the time (not pent up or frustrated).

When and ENFP has a firestorm of stimuli and nervous system reaactions to it, they need to take a deep breath, calm down, and do the exact OPPOSITE of whatever their neurotic compulsion tells them to do. It'll drive them crazy at first but it will get better with time.

So just my own 2 or 3 cents.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    They would be Jesus, Buddha, God, etc.

I've read in some descriptions of personality typing, especially if with the thinking of Ennegream and 'evolving' and going along with the idea of reincarnation -- you only reincarnate until you 'get it' and become 'enlightened' which to me basically means 'perfect' or you've maxed out all the human check boxes you needed to master and you transcend humanity.

Or maybe personality is how your ego expresses itself with the world. But once you become 'perfect' you no longer have an ego in the traditional sense.

Something like that.

So an elightened being like Jesus, Buddha, etc. are beyond traditional typing.

And if you 'max out' and 'perfect' your typing, you would be enlightened.
    oh cool we all better get cracking then!!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    How do people develop and strengthen their inferior functions. For example, for me, Se is naturally a fairly inferior function, but in the last few years I've developed it quite a lot from studying and playing music, and I've noticed the difference, too. What are activities people can do to strengthen their functions?

Just... post your theories beside each function I guess.

Si:
    Se: Study/play music
    Ni:
    Ne:
    Ti:
    Te:
    Fi:
    Fe:
    I love this idea GZA. When I think about it, though, I've been playing music, performing in and out of different bands for almost 20 years now and my Se could not be worse. I think that a very conscious effort to exercise an inferior function needs to be put forth before the headway really begins.

How's your Se development going?

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

My guesses

Si: Photography
    Se: Hiking, kayaking, sports
    Ni: Meditate? (i.e. something like Jung's Active Imagination)
    Ne: Brainstorm
    Ti: Study mathematics
    Te: Conduct science experiments
    Fi: Keep a journal
    Fe: Volunteer at a hospital?

MBTI
    INTP

I know for me the first thing to develop my inferior extraverted feeling would be to start legitimately caring for people.

I am yet to take this first step.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Learn to see how your inferior functions manifest themselves at present, and look at descriptions to see an improved inferior function and an end result of a mature inferior function, then aim for that.