• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI comics...

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
courthouselove2.jpg

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
These are very good. I think you have a good intuition for these types and stuff.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Here's another one. It features ESTJ and ENTP again, well, these are the types I know best.

Eight Differences between an ESTJ and an ENTP: here are the first two.

differences1.jpg

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The ESTJ Courthouse gets a tough question...

If the functions talk about "we", it's about the whole character. So, "Do we love Mr. ISFJ?" means "Does Mrs. ESTJ love Mr. ISFJ?"

courthouselove1.jpg

I like the reasoning in frame four... if the practical effects are the same :rofl1:... very Te.

To be continued.
Nice. :D I really relate to the first three panels, though not as much to the last ones. The reasoning would probably be more along the lines of "There are other, more urgent questions that I could be dealing with right now, that would be a better use of my time", which, I suppose, is an equally Te response :doh:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Thanks for the comments, EJCC :)

Here are two more differences between the ESTJ and the ENTP :D

differences3.jpg

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Whaw Santtu, that's so cool!

Tamske, these are really wonderful. I would love to see more. It is a good way to communicate. I actually understand the functions more after reading some of these. And, they're so cute, too. Very human and warm.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Sorry about the long wait... but I've made a comic again.

mbticomic8.jpg

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Poor ISFJ seeks some advice...
mbticomic10.jpg

(to be continued)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This I had planned since the thread began, and that's a version of this for the archetypes. I don't have the patience to draw all my own, so I only sketched a crude "hero", and then Tamske's avatar looked like the perfect "parent/child" (where you have it as "hero/parent", basically. I hope this is OK).

So I had a few cartoon caracters who seemed to resonate perfectly with my own archetypal function complexes, and it was just a matter of how to rip them (I ended up just snapping either then TV or Computer screen with my phone. The Opposing Personality character wasn't even on You-Tube, or anywhere else online, so it was when the PPG episode she was in was played the other night, I got the impetus to finally put this together), and the final thing yesterday was what would represent the Trickster and Demon.

So you have to understand the characters to know why they fit those roles.
archetypes.png

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey Eric, how come Si is drawing squares now?
Just kidding... these are great. A little comment, though... could you write the functions on (or below) the drawings; or the order with the role names? I've got difficulties to remember those role names. I know there are posts about it, but I think your drawing may get much clearer and more informative...

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't realize he was drawing a square. Well; I guess he remembered a square from somewhere... :)

I thought about adding all the functions, but since the first three are those we ourselves drew up, they really needed them. The others are actual cartoon characters, and the associated functions are implicit in their personalities. Of course, you would have to be familiar with American cartoons, or have the Boomerang channel to be familiar with them.

The girl from Gulliver does seem to be an Fe type. Probably more of an ISFJ. I'm going by tjhe overall personality and how it comes off within my ego. So slapping an "Fe" next to her, I would think might seem strange, as everyone might not get the connection. This is more about the actual archetypes themselves, than the functions they associate themselves with.

The Opposing Personality is a one shot villain from the Powerpuff Girls. I would say she is definitely a dom. Te figure, thwarting the world of men, and bragging that "NO MAN" has ever defeated her. I initially thought it strange to have an oppositional Te as contrasexual (according to Beebe) like the "innocent" anima, but it started fitting in with other stuff I had noticed within myself.

The other Gulliver character is clearly an Ni Senex, as seen in his familiar catch phrase printed there.
Gleek (Superfriends) is a definite Se Trickster.
Precious Pupp is an Fi Demon, as his integrity is very ambiguous. He on one hand is supposed to be a good guy, in defending Granny. Yet the way he goes about it is very evil. Sometimes, he is just plain bad and bullying of others, but Granny never sees it. So he maintains this image of integrity and ethical charaacter.
Clearly triggers a "demonic" projection for me.

Just in case. You're female, right?
Are those two characters I used supposed to be female? I'm using them as male archetypes. (It's hard to tell since you can't see whether they're wearing skirts as with your other female drawings).

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes, I'm female. I'm not really good at drawing breasts...

Do those functions have fixed gender? Or does it change with your own gender?
Eg. the Anima is the "female principle" but what's so mysterious about a female for someone who is female herself? Would the Hero always be male?
If yes, then it's really time to get the emancipation movement within the archetype theory. Long live the Heroine!

Your drawings inspired me. I've thought out a heroic epic with the functions/archetypes. Ti the Hero on a quest to discern between true and false :D

But something (FeTamske I guess) compels me to finish the story about the date first.

mbticomic11.jpg
[/URL]

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It goes by the person's own gender. So for you, the dominant would be Heroine, the auxilary the "Mother" (rather than "Father"), the tertiary, the "Puella" (instead of Puer), and the inferior, the Animus, instead of Anima. (That one would be the male version). The other acrchetype name that is gender specific, is the Witch for females; Senex (old man) for males. (function #6 aka the "critical parent").
The other contrasexual one is #5, the Opposing Personality. Hence, for me, both that and the inferior being female.

Beebe and Berens do specify that they are "usually" same or opposite gnder, so there's no hard rule on that either.

I wasn't sure whether the side of one of your figures was supposed to be a breast, or just the beginning of a pot-belly!:smile:
Yeah, it's hard to draw, and I've never even tried it on the computer, so I gave up on it.

I was also trying to give you the idea to expand your drawing to archetype-specific characters. So I was going to draw a witch or cranky old man with a cane for #6, and a "joker" (with the three tassled hat they wear) for #7, and a devil for #8.
I just didn't have time do do all of that, so just decided to use existing cartoon characters.

Last edited:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
The saga continues...
mbticomic12.jpg

The ESTJ's doubts in the last frame are borrowed from my ESTJ husband... He told me he usually gets very nervous in social situations, eg. when a neighbour knocks on your door, he never knows what's the "right" thing to do, invite him in, offer drinks. He said once to me he isn't nervous when I am around because he then assumes I know what to do. Lol! TertFe to the rescue :D
So Mrs ESTJ knows she wants to answer with a "yes", she is just very nervous about the "right" way to say it.

Edit:
for everyone who wants to make comics but not lose lots of time drawing (yes that includes you Tamske - signed, TeTamske): here is a website where you can just choose between existing pictures and poses :) I think it's excellent for a situation like this, when you want to express your ideas rather than make great art.
Here: ToonDoo - The Cartoon Strip Creator - Create, Publish, Share, Discuss!

Last edited: