• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

E / I: another definition

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I came across this quote by Jacques Costeau, "I am extroverted, I do not find pleasure in asking questions about myself. I find my satisfaction in dealing with questions that concern the community and the outside world."

That seems a fair interpretation.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I am introverted and I do not find pleasure in asking questions about myself. I find my satisfaction in dealing with questions that concern the community and the outside world.

I am introverted because I unwind by myself, such that I have the energy and motivation again to carry on my mission to be a powerful and just force in my community and for my people who I choose to aid.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, actually what is described here sounds more like the definition of Fe than strictly extroversion.

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I find pleasure in asking questions about myself, as well as what's around me.

reality.ensues

MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Fe: "My main function is Fe, I do not find pleasure in asking questions about myself. I find my satisfaction in dealing with questions that concern the community and the outside world."
Fi: "My main function is Fi, I do not find pleasure in dealing with questions that concern the community and the outside world. I find my satisfaction in asking questions about myself."

Extroversion: "I am extroverted, I am energized by the outside world, and I enjoy including myself within it."
Introversion: "I am introverted, I am energized by my own thoughts, and I prefer doing things by myself."

At least, that's how I take it.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, actually what is described here sounds more like the definition of Fe than strictly extroversion.
I agree.

I honestly don't think I'm anymore extroverted than introverted, but the ENFP descriptions fit me much more than the INFP ones. Heh, I'm an only child. I specialize in introversion and extroversion.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I agree.

I honestly don't think I'm anymore extroverted than introverted, but the ENFP descriptions fit me much more than the INFP ones. Heh, I'm an only child. I specialize in introversion and extroversion.

So you are saying unlike costeau you do not gain pleasure from thinking of others. I knew it, ENFPs only think of themselves...

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
lolz...My Fe is just as high as my Fi, so I'd have to say that is incorrect. I'm a nurturer by nature though. So, ENFPs only think of themselves, eh?

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
lolz...My Fe is just as high as my Fi, so I'd have to say that is incorrect.:D I'm a nurturer by nature.

So you're balanced E I and J P... I've yet to see signs of this nuture nature.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Well I think we have hit on something FJs have a worldly caring view FPs care more about themselves. You're so selfish Enfpfer. Come to think of it NTs are too... FJs are our only hope.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Whew. I can now give up that pretense of a worldly caring view.
I shall now give me a great big loving self-accepting hug!
:wubbie::D:coffee::newwink:

Well I think we have hit on something FJs have a worldly caring view FPs care more about themselves. You're so selfish Enfpfer. Come to think of it NTs are too... FJs are our only hope.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I came across this quote by Jacques Costeau, "I am extroverted, I do not find pleasure in asking questions about myself. I find my satisfaction in dealing with questions that concern the community and the outside world."

That seems a fair interpretation.

Perhaps these are better definitions of Ji vs. Je than introversion/extroversion?

Several people have mentioned the second quote is a good description of Fe. If you take out the part about community it seems it could apply just as much to Te.

So then, Ji is more about introspection, questioning oneself, while Je is more about questioning the outside world.

So maybe IxxPs (Ji dominant) are most inclined to ask questions relating to themselves, while ExxJs (Je dominant) are most inclined to ask questions of the outside world. And the other types tend to be in between.

Maybe why that's we have a lot more IPs on here than EJs.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ

Lol .. I am selfish, i just don't like admitting it.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Perhaps these are better definitions of Ji vs. Je than introversion/extroversion?

Several people have mentioned the second quote is a good description of Fe. If you take out the part about community it seems it could apply just as much to Te.

So then, Ji is more about introspection, questioning oneself, while Je is more about questioning the outside world.

So maybe IxxPs (Ji dominant) are most inclined to ask questions relating to themselves, while ExxJs (Je dominant) are most inclined to ask questions of the outside world. And the other types tend to be in between.

Maybe why that's we have a lot more IPs on here than EJs.

Yes I know all that, the op was about something outside the mbti theory. As in another way of defining what it is to be E. E.g. Someone can be energized by others but if it is always because they are thinking of themselves then they are an introverted person.

wolfy

awsm
Jacques Costeau

I always liked Jacques Costeau's hat. When I was a kid I used to watch documentaries and I couldn't take my eyes of his hat.

JacquesCousteau1.jpg

jacques-yves_cousteau.jpg

jacques.jpg

It is a beautiful hat.