123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Default Fi Ideas? Or Ti...

- I don't believe humanity is a miracle, exactly. I have no need for any kind of religion. We are only different from animals because of our consciousness. Our consciousness is a result of evolution, not a 'gift' from a higher power. And it does not amaze me that we use our consciousness to use all the resources for the benefit of humankind. I think humans are a very, very arrogant species of animals and it almost disgusts me. We're amazed by our inventions but all we do is just serve ourselves. It's not that I hate humanity, no, I value life, I just don't like overly wishy washy stuff like God. (I mean no offense. I am just trying to figure out what function I am using. I don't want to take religion away from anyone.) I feel that instead of looking upwards, we should look at each other for hope instead.

- War is wrong to me, not because I see hope in everyone, but because it is not 'just' to kill a thousand people for the twenty Americans dead, for example. The numbers are so uneven! And it is understandable to act in defense, but if innocent people is harmed while on defense, then the defensive party is also the offenders, no longer the victims. Morally and rationally, it disturbs me. I am very annoyed by feelings like pride and comrade-ship, if it means the justification of crimes against humanity.

- I am not excited or intrigued by traditions and cultures. I believe they separate people much, much more than they unite individuals.

- I don't like group-oriented things at all. I can't stand to convince someone else of my ideas. I need to do everything on my own. I hate asking for other people's help. I often ask my Guardian friends for advice but I almost never listen.

- Most conversations are meaningless unless it is about something I care deeply about, or it is with people who I care deeply about. I usually tune out when strangers talk.

- The repetition of humanity really enrages me.

Am I actually using FI but trying really hard to distinguish it as some kind of logic? Or the other way around? I am very good at the big pictures, but not with understanding the functions. I often skim books because of that weakness and lower interest. I like understanding the jist of things. I really like the novel Frankenstein, the themes and all, but I did not read every page.

Does this still sound INFP? I am curious more than anything else.

This sounds an awful lot like Inferior-Fe Projection, which points to Dominant-Ti.
    Hello

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I don't think what you've written is indicative of Fi; at least my understanding of Fi. I mean, I've written/thought about stuff on similar lines quite often. Would agree that it seems more FeTi. (Of course it doesn't mean there isn't some Fi in there....I mean, to a degree everyone has the ability to access/use every function, it's just a matter of preference)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

I actually think this is more Fi than Ti. There is too much ethical concern to be fueled by logic alone.

I guess one way to test this is to ask yourself how strongly you felt about these values? How willingly are you to give them up if someone give you new information?
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    SLI

For what it's worth, I've thought all of those things at one point or another. I doubt this has much to do with the functions, and more to do with your values. People preffering different functions can still end up thinking the same things, they just might get there differently.
    Let us not rail about justice as long as we have arms and the freedom to use them.
    - Duke Leto Atreides

Johari/Nohari
    Because random people I meet on the internet are the best judges of my personality.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think Fi if you think conversations are meaningless unless it's something you care deeply about. That screams Fi.

Fi is ethically logical in it's own little way, I think.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    - I don't believe humanity is a miracle, exactly. I have no need for any kind of religion. We are only different from animals because of our consciousness. Our consciousness is a result of evolution, not a 'gift' from a higher power. And it does not amaze me that we use our consciousness to use all the resources for the benefit of humankind. I think humans are a very, very arrogant species of animals and it almost disgusts me. We're amazed by our inventions but all we do is just serve ourselves. It's not that I hate humanity, no, I value life, I just don't like overly wishy washy stuff like God. (I mean no offense. I am just trying to figure out what function I am using. I don't want to take religion away from anyone.) I feel that instead of looking upwards, we should look at each other for hope instead.

- War is wrong to me, not because I see hope in everyone, but because it is not 'just' to kill a thousand people for the twenty Americans dead, for example. The numbers are so uneven! And it is understandable to act in defense, but if innocent people is harmed while on defense, then the defensive party is also the offenders, no longer the victims. Morally and rationally, it disturbs me. I am very annoyed by feelings like pride and comrade-ship, if it means the justification of crimes against humanity.

- I am not excited or intrigued by traditions and cultures. I believe they separate people much, much more than they unite individuals.

- I don't like group-oriented things at all. I can't stand to convince someone else of my ideas. I need to do everything on my own. I hate asking for other people's help. I often ask my Guardian friends for advice but I almost never listen.

- Most conversations are meaningless unless it is about something I care deeply about, or it is with people who I care deeply about. I usually tune out when strangers talk.

Am I actually using FI but trying really hard to distinguish it as some kind of logic? Or the other way around? I am very good at the big pictures, but not with understanding the functions. I often skim books because of that weakness and lower interest. I like understanding the jist of things. I really like the novel Frankenstein, the themes and all, but I did not read every page.

Does this still sound INFP? I am curious more than anything else.
    It sounds INFJish to me. Very much so. It sounds like you've got three out of your four conscious functions operating here: NiFeTi.

And I disagree strongly on all opinion-points...not that you asked or anything...
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't know, but I am curious about this too, as I frequently think about similar things.

I have been blaming this on strong Fi, but now I'm not so sure...

This might be an Ne thing.

It's all pretty NFP. I've never been intrigued by traditions. I wouldn't say they are irrelevant, because some people like them and see something in them, but for me it is pretty whatever.

I can completely tune out in conversations where I have no interest.

I'm not religious and disagree with war. But it has nothing to do with some ideals and deep felt views. I just think it is a pointless exercise and if I was the person who was dead, I wouldn't be alive anymore. Existence is a pretty big thing to lose or take from anyone.

This seems Ne again, well maybe Ne dominant. Big picture and ignore fine details. I can analyse something for 20 minutes then realise I skimmed it too much and missed the word "not". If I was reading a book, I don't think I could leave a page out though, unless I was really distracted.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

^ I am beginning to agree with what Trepidation said, in that it doesn't have a whole lot to do with functions, at least in terms of being able to point at the writing and say, definitively, this is 100% Ne, or this is totally NFP; many of us have these thoughts to varying degrees.

The reason I cannot agree with you that the writing really demonstrates/points to Ne and NFP is because I could post large tracts of similar thoughts, and I'm NiFeTi and NFJ. So I'm not saying she's not NFP (as obviously she self-identifies as such, and NFP's in this thread have also come in and self-identified with her writing), but I am saying her thoughts and writing are not exclusive to NFP, Ne, or Fi.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ