- I don't believe humanity is a miracle, exactly. I have no need for any kind of religion. We are only different from animals because of our consciousness. Our consciousness is a result of evolution, not a 'gift' from a higher power. And it does not amaze me that we use our consciousness to use all the resources for the benefit of humankind. I think humans are a very, very arrogant species of animals and it almost disgusts me. We're amazed by our inventions but all we do is just serve ourselves. It's not that I hate humanity, no, I value life, I just don't like overly wishy washy stuff like God. (I mean no offense. I am just trying to figure out what function I am using. I don't want to take religion away from anyone.) I feel that instead of looking upwards, we should look at each other for hope instead.
- War is wrong to me, not because I see hope in everyone, but because it is not 'just' to kill a thousand people for the twenty Americans dead, for example. The numbers are so uneven! And it is understandable to act in defense, but if innocent people is harmed while on defense, then the defensive party is also the offenders, no longer the victims. Morally and rationally, it disturbs me. I am very annoyed by feelings like pride and comrade-ship, if it means the justification of crimes against humanity.
- I am not excited or intrigued by traditions and cultures. I believe they separate people much, much more than they unite individuals.
- I don't like group-oriented things at all. I can't stand to convince someone else of my ideas. I need to do everything on my own. I hate asking for other people's help. I often ask my Guardian friends for advice but I almost never listen.
- Most conversations are meaningless unless it is about something I care deeply about, or it is with people who I care deeply about. I usually tune out when strangers talk.
- The repetition of humanity really enrages me.
Am I actually using FI but trying really hard to distinguish it as some kind of logic? Or the other way around? I am very good at the big pictures, but not with understanding the functions. I often skim books because of that weakness and lower interest. I like understanding the jist of things. I really like the novel Frankenstein, the themes and all, but I did not read every page.
Does this still sound INFP? I am curious more than anything else.