• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Literary Examples of Ni

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

- Whitman

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I posted this in the Ne thread as well

I don't know if any of you guys are familiar with the webcomic nedroid (Nedroid Picture Diary), the humor appeals so much to me that it's crazy, and i wondered if it was Ni or Ne (i think it's Ni)

check these links out and tell me what you think

Like you don't know why - Nedroid Picture Diary
new tricks - Nedroid Picture Diary
dating faux pas - Nedroid Picture Diary
how to entertain beartato - Nedroid Picture Diary

i'm just gonna post em anyway.. (i think it's Ni?)

2009-06-05-beartato-wrongname.gif

2009-09-03-beartato-forehead.gif

2009-06-01-beartato-rudysit.gif

2009-06-12-beartato-looksbored.gif

Sunless

MBTI Type
INxx
with borges you have Ne dom whitman translated into spanish, concentrated into Ni, then transmitted to garcia marquez (Ne?). i have theory that magical realism started with whitman's verb tenses. true story. then enter pablo neruda (also enfp like whitman).

also if you look at borges favorite writers, apart from whitman, they're all probable infjs. the catholic infjs on the writer list, etc.

Magic realism most likely comes from Faulkner. Whitman has been dismissed as unimportant in latinamerica for decades. Borges' work was essentially different from that of Whitman and the latinamerican boom generation.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
explain. borges also mentions faulkner, tho he hates hemingway. who read faulkner and why did he inspire magical realism?

magical realism in latin america is borges, rolfo, and garcia marquez?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Wow, nebbykoo, I was just about to suggest both Cormac McCarthy and Milan Kundera!

I wish I could find my copy of Kundera's Slowness, which is so Ni it hurts, but the only novel I have on hand is The Farewell Party.
And this is a passage from McCarthy's novel The Road, which is one of my favorite books.quote]

Thanks for posting those examples. Kundera has such an incredible mind for uncovering the psychological truth in his characters...