• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni expressed in popular media

VagrantFarce

Could you Ni types give examples of Ni as expressed in popular media? i.e. in films, music, TV, books etc.

Just so I can get a better idea of what exactly is going on with this function. :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Listen to Tool and A Perfect Circle. :D

Also Alice in Wonderland.

I would say pretty much anything that requires you to totally change your mind set to fully appreciate and understand. Reading the complete works of Lewis Carrol is like Chicken Soup for the Ni soul for me. :ninja:

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Could you Ni types give examples of Ni as expressed in popular media? i.e. in films, music, TV, books etc.

Just so I can get a better idea of what exactly is going on with this function. :)

Watch House on Fox.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

Avant-garde are the words you're looking for.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd rather describe Ne as avant-garde actually.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I saw Lars von Trier's film Antichrist over Halloween weekend and that was some grisly Ni. The reimagined Battlestar Galactica was very Ni heavy as well.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The TV show "Arrested Development"

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Wait, House, really? The funniest xNTP evar? I'm not sure that's Ni you're talking about, but I'd love to hear an explanation.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ni = interpolating
Ne = extrapolating

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Heh, judging by this thread I don't think we can agree what represents Ni and what represents Ne. ;)

VagrantFarce

Heh, judging by this thread I don't think we can agree what represents Ni and what represents Ne. ;)

Pretty much. :)

this is Ni:

[youtube=4L2ooG_MX9E]Ni[/youtube]

this is Ne:

[youtube=EOA3aYRSy_k]Ne[/youtube]

this is Ni:

[youtube=Rmn6FRgYwBQ]Ni[/YOUTUBE]

this is Ne:

[youtube=6vV6Vvk0srs]Ne[/youtube]

Let's keep it together, people!

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
A trippy film that's a good mish-mash between Ne and Ni is Paprika. Paprika is a NJ trapped in an NP world.

[YOUTUBE=9DX2rWe3XjU]Paprika Parade[/YOUTUBE]

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Just to contrast this is a basically Se film laced with Ni from Apacalypto, it's very physical and mythic at the same time. I get this same impression from BSG, which I mentioned earlier.

[YOUTUBE="2YWDIpvE6io"]Running[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="MkaBVk6OvA4"]Red Mist: Caution very Graphic![/YOUTUBE]