User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Unwavering?
    that's right. Unwavering. Find a dictionary and look it up. If you disagree that Ti and/or Fi is unwavering I'd be pleased to know why so I can better understand your position.
    They do? Sounds like IP.

(I don't relate to recalling observations. Swimming in Ni does not feel like recalling the past. Ni actually tends to be used as if current understanding can always be escaped.)
    This is interesting. I like the swimming metaphor, and I think that's great for Ni, but I'm not seeing any evidence here that you understand the idea behind what I'm saying, so I'll assume that's my fault and try to be more clear. What I am trying to show with the IxxJ grouping is that people who exhibit these myers briggs letters will always use an introverted perceptive role in the lead and support it with an extroverted judging role. Whichever function they utilize is of less importance than the order in which they perceive and make judgments. I think these are much more effective for describing the motivations for why people behave the way they do, and not just how they make their decisions. It reveals deeper motives for why they need to make certain decisions and why they need to be able to have certain perspectives without getting caught up in the specific processes by which they perceive and judge. In other words, I'm not discounting Kiersey's temperaments as total garbage, and obviously the functions are extremely important to a person's character; however, I believe Je/Ji/Pe/Pi goes deeper in determining a person's need to behave the way they do.

So not true. Te moves people? In a literal physical sense perhaps. Technically, if Te doms are exhorting, it would be them yelling at machines and processes.
    Extraverted Thinking
    Do yourself a favor and brush up on this. I'm not going to take a whole lot of time defending the idea that Te moves people, I think that's fairly obvious.

Dunno what that means, but it could well be true.
    I'll admit, I think the ExxP role is probably the strongest of these temperaments.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    Here's some other names I came up with after reading about various forms of temperament:

IxxP - the Resolute
    Internal judging capabilities feed the Ti/Fi user's unwavering sense of right and wrong or true and false. Both functions are concerned primarily with the manifestation of decisive, steadfast values, whether these lie in the rocky terrain of moral judgments or the x/y plane of rational truths.

IxxJ - the Analyst
    The ability to store information and infer possibilities is something Ni shares with Si. They both have a need to recall their observations to make inferences on what they should do or what is possible as an outcome to a situation.

ExxJ - the Exhorter
    Te and Fe share the need of external validation for their judgments, but they also have in common the ability to move people, whether by thoughtful organization, dogmatic command, or emotional pull.

ExxP - the Improviser
    Ne and Se both desperately rely on their experiential perceptions of reality to form any kind of judgment. Most often though, they find themselves way too involved with their experiments to be overly dependent on any kind of restrictive rules or judged boundaries.

I tried to be more thoughtful and considerate of the actual type descriptions when I did these, because the last batch was not without its defects. Hopefully these better epitomize the ideas I'm developing.
    I think that these are fairly accurate.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Yeah, I have a problem with more than just names. To put INTJs and ISFJs in one category, and ISTPs and INFPs in another is totally bunk. That's the equavalent of claiming that tigers and zebras are the same species because they both have stripes.

Anyway, the only ideals or rules that ISTP guys tend to go by is "don't call me a faggot"
    ya that makes sense...ISTPs are just loonies with no sense of direction ethically, or morally. Let go of your theoretical concept of typology for a second because you probably have zero actual experience being with any ISTP.

MBTI
    INTP

TJ: The Assholes
    FJ: The Martyrs
    NP: The Airheads
    SP: The Hedonists

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    SJ - the Guardians
    SP - the Artists
    NJ - the Visionaries
    NP - the Dreamers

ST - the Down-to-earth
    SF - the People-minded
    NT - the Rationals
    NF - the Idealists

FJ - the Value-minded
    FP - the Emotion-minded
    TJ - the Efficients
    TP - the Theorists
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    IP: proto-Phlegmatic
    IJ: proto-Melancholy
    EP: proto-Sanguine
    EJ: proto-Choleric
    Let's say they're all right! That makes me a Proto-Phlegmatic Rational Theorizing Airheaded Dreamer.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think that these are fairly accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    ya that makes sense...ISTPs are just loonies with no sense of direction ethically, or morally. Let go of your theoretical concept of typology for a second because you probably have zero actual experience being with any ISTP.
    I'll admit that I know very few ISTP's or ESTP's in real life; however, if you'll go back and read the continuation of this thread, you'll find that I revamped the names to better fit with each type. The first ones did need some improvement. I will point out, though, that ISTP's would use Ti in the main role, which has little to do with morals or ethics and more to do with checking systems for internal consistency, which can be done in either a theoretical sense or a mechanical sense. This allows it to be used as a tool for refining products or ideas.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I like your classifications!

I've had similar ideas for the same reasons as yourself. I've also had the NP/NJ idea before.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I like your classifications!

I've had similar ideas for the same reasons as yourself. I've also had the NP/NJ idea before.
    Thanks! wait...meaning mine, or the other ones all over the thread?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    Thanks! wait...meaning mine, or the other ones all over the thread?
    Yours, of course.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sofmarhof View Post
    TJ: The Assholes
    FJ: The Martyrs
    NP: The Airheads
    SP: The Hedonists
    Lol! That's accurate
    That makes me a... proto-Sanguine Theorizing Rational Dreaming Airhead.
    Hmm. The NP combination of me wants to complete the list and make names for every combination of two. Completely useless theory indeed.

Why we wouldn't try with something quite different ?

1.Ne and Ni doms

2.Te and Ti doms

3.Se and Si doms

4.Fe and Fi doms