Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I think it depends on what kind of acting is being done. I think certain types would be better at different types of acting.
    I was in theatre for about 12 years and i can say that most NFs were casted as Character actors, always playing someone totally different from who we are. In high school i was typically casted as an old woman or something that just took a lot to become the character. You always had to change the way you walked completely, the way you talked and so on.

SP and SJ types are usually the ones who got the lead roles, if they lead roles were not off the wall characters. They played what was simple, usually not having to change body language or they way they talked, they just played everyday people (which is not saying they lacked talent) it's just what they were better at. Putting the SJ or SP types in a character acting situation made them uncomfortable, they want to act and have a character based on who they already are.

We never had a whole lot of NT types on stage, they were usually behind the scenes, but the few we had seemed to be able to do pretty much any acting, they just thought about it too hard and you can usually see the thinking process on their face during acting, instead of the emotions that should be going on during a scene.

anyway, i don't know if i made any sense, but i do have a lot of experience with acting and how parts are cast.

and i will say that the only BAD actors were the ones who just weren't good at acting.You are either good, or you aren't not one type is a better actor than another, just good at a different type of acting.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Question Best type for acting?

I'm not sure. I think Introverts are good, because they act like different people in society, especially INF's. But, In my opinion, SP's are more spontaneous and better at improv, while NJ's are better at lines.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There's lots of different methods and styles of acting, I think different types would be best at a bunch of those. I'm a good actor, so I just voted for myself.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Oberon

ENTPs are very much at home being the center of attention...

...for a limited time only.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Ne-dominants like to imitate imaginary characters.

MBTI
    INTP

acting is a skill that any type can be naturally good at or able to develop to a professional level. i think actors are at their best, performance wise, when they are in a role that closely resembles their own personality. the good ones, of course, are able to play a wide range of roles faithfully and accurately.

having said that, i generally hear and read that the acting community has a larger section of SPs than anything else (plurality, not a majority). this is second hand information but, it *seems* accurate.