User Tag List

Thread: Fi vs. Fe

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default Fi vs. Fe

This is like my Judging vs. Perceiving thread - an information dump for Fi vs. Fe and a reference for the confused to make them even more confused to help them.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

My understanding is that:

Fi is all about measuring the situational importance or value of something, based on how the individual feels. It isn't about taking responsibility for it (that's for Te to do), just acknowledging it.

Fe is about taking responsibility for the emotional well being of others, and the expectations you place on them to return the favour.
    Hello

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Fi = Luke Skywalker

Fe = C3PO

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Thanks Outsider. Didn't see that.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I have a very good friend who is Fi dom and another very good friend who is Fe dom. I'll just kind of summarize some general patterns that I've noticed with their abilities to conquer problems.

If the Fi dom is facing some kind of trouble, she expects the rest of the people around her to respect her feelings, and she thinks it's the end of the world if that doesn't happen. She thinks that if she *feels* something, then it's right, even if she cannot back it up with logic or patterns seen from other people's feelings. Since her feeling a certain view/value automatically makes it important, she is upset when people don't respect that view/value that she holds. The things she views as important are kind of arbitrary and inconsistent imho, and when I ask her why she feels a certain way, she says things like "I can't help it. It's just how I feel."

The Fe dom, on the other hand, doesn't really have this notion of *feeling* values. He is more in tune with the people around him and how he can bring harmony to certain social dynamics. I honestly don't think he has any rigid internal value system other than he believes he needs to do what's necessary to make others around him happy. However, he does get upset if his efforts to bring social harmony go unnoticed, and he also gets upset if he is helping out somebody, and they do nothing in return but give him grief for helping them. He is the mediator that defuses the Ti/Fi based arguments that occur between my Fi dom friend and me, as he claims to understand both of our perspectives, and he doesn't put more weight on either one.