User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default How do your functions work?

This is inspired by a post made by Pink.
    This is a serious post, but at the same time, descriptions are in jest, so bear with me here.

The title says most of it. I want to know how you describe your cognitive process. Here's my description as an example.
    When making a decision, Te and Fe have a big showdown. Te sarcastically provokes Fe and Fe basically says "Screw you!" and they start fighting. Fi wants to join in but stays on the sidelines, attempting to tell them off for being so aggresive towards each other. Ti just laughs and rolls his eyes, egging the pair on. Eventually Fe wins out and storms off, and Te pines. Ti booes Fe as Fi tries to remain hidden. Ni and Ne make friends, pull up a couple chairs, and watch. Ni gives objective advice as Ne tries to objectively distract Te and Fe. If you actually read this through, good for you, go ahead and post what goes on in your mind.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I've moved away from thinking of the functions themselves as engging any action. the functions are just utilities of the ego. What you're describing might be better expressed in terms of the complexes.

So to translate:
    When making a decision, the demonic personality and hero have a big showdown. The demon sarcastically provokes the hero and the hero basically says "Screw you!" and they start fighting. The Opposing Personality wants to join in but stays on the sidelines, attempting to tell them off for being so aggresive towards each other. The anima just laughs and rolls her eyes, egging the pair on. Eventually the hero wins out and storms off, and the demon pines. The anima booes the hero as the Opposing personality tries to remain hidden. The parent and wise old man friends, pull up a couple chairs, and watch. The parent gives objective advice as the old man tries to objectively distract the demon and hero.
    Does this make more sense or seem to explain what goes on?
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I've moved away from thinking of the functions themselves as engging any action. the functions are just utilities of the ego. What you're describing might be better expressed in terms of the complexes.

So to translate:

Does this make more sense or seem to explain what goes on?
    Seems to explain it. Unless you see things the other way around: Fe the demon and Te the hero.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I wrote that for the type you're wearing, ENFJ. (Fe demon and Te hero would be ExTJ's).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

It depends on the situation. Te's just a neutral pissed off at Fe.