First 1234 Last

Thread: Is this Fi?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

^Interesting. I agree with Udog about what Fi is in this instance.

*off to change her X into an I*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP

The I doesn't do anything. The P already made your F into an Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Definitely. It's how I get myself into ruts - I get so busy analyzing my emotions that I forget to do something about them.

Well, if you are indeed ESFP, that could explain it a bit. ESFPs and ENFPs often don't do that, and often resent situations that cause them to go into Fi mode.
    I don't know if I am ESFP, ISFP or ISTP at the moment. I don't ever remember ever analysing why I feel something. My concept of feeling is very physical. Sometimes when I feel conflicted over something I analyse how I could set it up better, but that is different again.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Fi is kinda...trying to make sense of the origin of the feeling and the behavior it provokes. Analyzing that part. It allows you to finetune your emotions and reactions, as well as those values that Fi upholds.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Well, I can't say I relate all too well to the analyzing thing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Fi is kinda...trying to make sense of the origin of the feeling and the behavior it provokes. Analyzing that part. It allows you to finetune your emotions and reactions, as well as those values that Fi upholds.
    So your values are foremost in your mind? You have a clear understanding and could say what is most important to you? You naturally reflect on what it means to be you?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yes. And if someone tells me something that shakes my core, I will retreat and figure out why harmony has been disrupted. For instance, when someone tells me something that Fi tells me to be true, but at the same time doesn't correspond with what I hold dear, I will backtrack. Ponder the situation. And find a way to make those two coexist without disrupting either. I will find the connection between the two, finetuning their relationship so I know when one is true and in which context the other is likely to be true. Ne..context is everything when finetuning Fi.

Edit: Totally random addition: I'm watching atm a movie about what went on in South-Africa. How they tried to heal the wounds of the past, seek justice...find understanding and build a new life. No doubt a lot of Fe was present in that too..but the core of it, the need for harmonizing, seeking justice, seeking a meaning and trying to make sense of it, the outrage, the pain, the suffering, and the ultimate cleansing (which was the intent of it) is very much how I experience Fi. Walk through the fire to find wisdom and how to proceed from there on.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Well, I can't say I relate all too well to the analyzing thing myself.
    How does the Fi description relate to you? Or does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Yes. And if someone tells me something that shakes my core, I will retreat and figure out why harmony has been disrupted. For instance, when someone tells me something that Fi tells me to be true, but at the same time doesn't correspond with what I hold dear, I will backtrack. Ponder the situation. And find a way to make those two coexist without disrupting either. I will find the connection between the two, finetuning their relationship so I know when one is true and in which context the other is likely to be true. Ne..context is everything when finetuning Fi.
    I can relate to that alot. I tend to think Fi seeks moral consistency in the same way Ti seeks logical consistency. There can be overlap between the two, so it can get confusing sometimes.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

How does the Fi description relate to you? Or does it?
    It does, but I'm not much of an analyzer, I can do it, but it is not something I enjoy generally. It is much more of a gut reaction.

I don't have to analyze why certain things make me feel certain way, I usually just know it. I may not be able to express it coherently, but it makes sense to me.

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I tend to think Fi seeks moral consistency in the same way Ti seeks logical consistency. There can be overlap between the two, so it can get confusing sometimes.
    That's how I think of it. I think I've developed Ti because of the Fi hunt for moral consistency. Ti helps me check, confirm or deny and articulate my sense of it. But the Fi came first, and the Ti, at least as applied to personal matters, was more of a means to an end. I think that's the difference.