• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

function and brain hemisphere

Frank

Is there really a correlation and if so could handedness determine type?
Thoughts please.

Frank

Well I ask because I have seen it mentioned but really no evidence to back it up. Plus I am almost entirely a lefty so if theory is to be believed.......

By the way, BLOW ME BITCH!

Cool?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Is there really a correlation and if so could handedness determine type?
Thoughts please.
There is a correlation. Handedness does not determine type. There are other factors involved.

Frank

^ OK. Can it be assumed that a lefty would have better access to the functions associated with the right hemisphere than he would with supposed left brain functions? Is handedness useful when determining type would have been a better question. What are these other factors you speak of?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
^ OK. Can it be assumed that a lefty would have better access to the functions associated with the right hemisphere than he would with supposed left brain functions? Is handedness useful when determining type would have been a better question. What are these other factors you speak of?
There are different kinds of left handedness. Some left handed people have language in the right hemisphere. The majority does not. How do you bend your hand when you write? You may also be right handed, but posture your hand like a leftie when you write. You may have a left handed sibling, but be right handed. You can have a left handed twin, but be right handed. Or vice versa. Are you left footed? On which side you have the phone?
You may be two handed, but you still have chosen to write with the left.

You may be a pathological left hander. It depends on the combination with many factors.
In the Golden Era, Hollywood actors and actresses had a left handed ratio of forty per cent.
It was ten times the average. NFPs are a small minority, but in Hollywood they were a large majority. So you can say left handedness have a high correlation with NFP.

People with a stroke in the right hemisphere do not get depressed. It means F is active in the right hemisphere. Intuitive perception is in the right hemisphere, too. It has a lot to do with kinetic body skill, very useful in acting.
Very good chess players tend to have left handed siblings. It means chess is not only about the left hemisphere, you need spatial intuition in the game. So it is with architecture.
Yes, handedness is useful. Among other things.

Frank

Sweet. Sounds good but i need more quantitative evidence. Anyone?