User Tag List

View Poll Results: Choose one

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a happy N

49 63.64%
  • I am a happy S

16 20.78%
  • I am an unhappy N and want to be an S is (if possible)

10 12.99%
  • I am an unhappy S and want to be an N is (if possible)

2 2.60%
First 12345 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    I don't give a damn what your type is. If I like you, I like you.

If you're nutty as a fruitcake, or abusive, I won't.
    Oh crap. I'm not abusive, but I am on the edge of being nutty as a fruitcake...

Nah, but seriously - *I* love ENFJs...'specially PINKY! I think you guys are awesome.

And quite frankly, I think we should be at least GRATEFUL that there are ESTJs out there, if not HAPPY about it...though I have to admit, I find your ISTJ cousins cuter.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    I don't give a damn what your type is. If I like you, I like you.

If you're nutty as a fruitcake, or abusive, I won't.

Seriously, are there people who actually go out into the world and think, "oh, that person is such an ESF-whatever. I'm just not even going to bother."

I don't get it. The OP seems to be the one who has the issue with S vs N. I in no way think one is better than the other. I just don't want to be someone other than who I am, that's all. If you want to be someone other than who you are, S or N- wise, then you are implying one is better than the other, rather than them just being different.

And hey, you know what? I smell the roses, too! I know... crazy, right?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    ENFJ, who doesn't like Pink and Outsider? Only a friggin moron. It is about the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I just don't want to be someone other than who I am, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    And hey, you know what? I smell the roses, too! I know... crazy, right?
    Nuts.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by musttry View Post
    I haven't posted much but I've been around. I have often wondered why so many people (read Ns) seem to put down Ss. I don't get this whole wanting to be an N. Some have suggested that it has to do with wanting to be unique and that since Ss are "suppose" to be the majority, no one dares type as an S (Mbti tests are easily fooled once you know the system).

I hate N. In my case, I seem to come up with all these conclusions that seem poorly based on reality and they often come back to bite me in the ass. It has its advantages since I'm an analyst and have to make recommendations, but it took me a long time to make sure my recommendations were based on the data. Nevertheless, I continuously have to check my perception with others to make sure I haven't gone completely off track. In fact, one of the VPs at work is an INTP and most people don't want to work with him because he's usually off in his head and has a hard time communicating the information.

My closest coworker (analyst like me) is an ISFJ and he is the most decent, amicable, hard-working, considerate, smart and creative guy I have met. He has a beatiful wife and kid (meaning that he is socially stable, in my books anyways) and he treats them with love and respect and they seem to have a great time. We are similar in many ways buy I find that his main advantage over me is that he doesn't stress about the meaning of it all.

So, what's up with wanting to be an N? Why aren't more people typed as Ss here?
    strange, I have an INFJ friend who is a wanna-be sensor too.

There are pros and cons to being N or S. You can't really change your core but you can work on the loose ends. No S or N is limited to just thinking and acting like a sensor or an intuitive.

why aren't there a whole lot of sensors on here? Maybe because mbti is just theory. Most the sensors are outside playing right now.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Hahaha. This is one S/N pair that I find to be COMPLETELY different.
    estj vs. entj.
    I have a lot of experience with both types. They are more alike than you realize!!
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I have a lot of experience with both types. They are more alike than you realize!!
    ENTJ's seem much more goal oriented and forward moving to me.

Most S/N pairs look alike somehow.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    In the past i have said on here that i want to be an N .. They seem to get more respect than the S's ..

I am not sure if it is this site in particular but on another similar to this .. Everyone mixes and there doesn't seem to be N/S hatred. It is like people get so caught up in those 4 letters, like they are Gospel.

Up until quite recently, i stopped sweating it .. So people think S should stay with S's and N's with N's .. That is just narrow thinking and best of luck to you with that mentality.

I have actually wondered what would happen if we all removed our types and just talked to each other as human beings .. It would be interesting

I am happy to be a sensor because i smell the roses, i want something, i get it. I won't over analyze a hundred different ways as to the outcome ..
    I won't be old and question myself as to why i didn't go out in life and grab everything that was there for the taking .. I am living now ..

I am happy exactly the way i am.
    Yea, you only see that S/N divide on the website though, not in real life. I've never known an N to look down on me in real life for the simple fact that they are an N. (Some people just look down on others IRL because they are plain jerks, but there doesn't seem to be a correlation between that and N vs. S.)

I figure if people wish to type themselves N to have power on this one website, then good for them. Won't do them much good outside of here, though.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    What do so many people have against ESTJs? No wonder none of them frequent the website...sheesh!

They seem to be public enemy #1....closely followed by ENFJ as public enemy #2...ridiculous.

Sure, I might be really different from an ESTJ, and they can be like whoaaaa sometimes and you just think ! But thank goodness they are there.
    I don't get along with them at all. I've had repeated instances where an ESTJ wanted to physically hit me because I didn't abide to his authority so...yeah that's why. Of course it's partially due to my attitude, too, since plently of people get along with the same ESTJs that want to kill me.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I don't get along with them at all. I've had repeated instances where an ESTJ wanted to physically hit me because I didn't abide to his authority so...yeah that's why. Of course it's partially due to my attitude, too, since plently of people get along with the same ESTJs that want to kill me.
    Hmm.. not abiding by authority..
    Couldn't you have that same kind of trouble with other ENTJ's?
    Just a thought.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Literally or figuratively? Kill you, I mean...?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.