User Tag List

View Poll Results: Choose one

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a happy N

49 63.64%
  • I am a happy S

16 20.78%
  • I am an unhappy N and want to be an S is (if possible)

10 12.99%
  • I am an unhappy S and want to be an N is (if possible)

2 2.60%
First 1234 Last

brainheart

I pretended to be an ISFP for a long time. Then ISFJ. Neither suited me. But I hated myself for that fact. Now I am happy to be me. Why waste my time and mess with my mental health trying to be someone else? I am who I am for a reason, dammit. Someone told me once that what I consider to be my weaknesses are my strengths. That person was very wise, not to mention right on. You are destroying yourself with that sort of attitude, musttry.

I have nothing against sensors. I'm married to one, and I think they are awesome. That's why I wanted to be one. But that fact doesn't make me one, no matter what. It's not like you choose who you are.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The ideal problem solving requires a team of people with different approaches and thought processes to create balance. Even creative individuals tend to need to be able to integrate different sorts of thought processes rather than rely on only one approach. Rather than seeing one function as an ideal, it makes sense to understand how they interrelate and together form the ideal.

Sometimes my lack of awareness of my surroundings is a problem. I've had a few close calls because I just didn't see or think of all the concrete elements. I think that situational awareness is quite important, and it would seem in the context of MBTI that it is more of a Sensor skill.

The boxed category approach of MBTI creates a reality simplified to the point of being sometimes false. Like someone said earlier, everyone has both Sensing and iNtuition that they use together. There is no such thing as being only one or the other. If I had to think of it, I'm not sure I read that much difference between many people with contrasting MBTI types. There are a few cases that stand out as being S or N, T or F, but most of the time I think everything that is said is reinterpreted based on the label by the name. Many people seem quite certain of the distinctions, and sometimes I can see it, but more often I see statements that can be interpreted in a number of ways.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Hell no. I wouldn't want to be an ESTJ, no no no.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Hell no. I wouldn't want to be an ESTJ, no no no.
    Hahaha. This is one S/N pair that I find to be COMPLETELY different.
    estj vs. entj.

MBTI
    ESFJ

In the past i have said on here that i want to be an N .. They seem to get more respect than the S's ..

I am not sure if it is this site in particular but on another similar to this .. Everyone mixes and there doesn't seem to be N/S hatred. It is like people get so caught up in those 4 letters, like they are Gospel.

Up until quite recently, i stopped sweating it .. So people think S should stay with S's and N's with N's .. That is just narrow thinking and best of luck to you with that mentality.

I have actually wondered what would happen if we all removed our types and just talked to each other as human beings .. It would be interesting

I am happy to be a sensor because i smell the roses, i want something, i get it. I won't over analyze a hundred different ways as to the outcome ..
    I won't be old and question myself as to why i didn't go out in life and grab everything that was there for the taking .. I am living now ..

I am happy exactly the way i am.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

What do so many people have against ESTJs? No wonder none of them frequent the website...sheesh!

They seem to be public enemy #1....closely followed by ENFJ as public enemy #2...ridiculous.

Sure, I might be really different from an ESTJ, and they can be like whoaaaa sometimes and you just think ! But thank goodness they are there.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    What do so many people have against ESTJs? No wonder none of them frequent the website...sheesh!

They seem to be public enemy #1....closely followed by ENFJ as public enemy #2...ridiculous.

Sure, I might be really different from an ESTJ, and they can be like whoaaaa sometimes and you just think ! But thank goodness they are there.
    I don't give a damn what your type is. If I like you, I like you.

If you're nutty as a fruitcake, or abusive, I won't.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    I don't give a damn what your type is. If I like you, I like you.

If you're nutty as a fruitcake, or abusive, I won't.
    HAHAHA
    Abusive fruitcakes.

That sounds like a Christmas party gone terribly wrong.

Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

ENFJ, who doesn't like Pink and Outsider? Only a friggin moron. It is about the individual.