Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default About Intuition

What is it?
    I am not sure..
    But something has been tickling me for days .. and I have come to a conclusion and would like to hear what others might have to say about it..

For me.. It starts with a an idea.. something I cannot define.. A feeling, a thought.. Both but neither.. Its like a black cloud is covering something.. a cloud is not solid..SO I can see forms behind it.. but I can't quite make them out..This can be ignored or studied.. I find ignoring it works best.. because the next time it crops up.. there is less cloud.. and I see more.. Until eventually the cloud is gone until I have a clear picture..and there is that "AH HA" moment..

But REALLY isn't this just my subconscious mind trying to tell me something my consciousness is not, or is refusing, to pick up??

Would that mean if someone is intuitive.. they simply have a clearer road to their subconscious? Or are less in denial about things..??

Is intuition just really people hiding from reality and their subconscious not letting them..??

It reminds me a of line in a song "you cannot not know what you're knowing"

I am curious..

what do you think??

MBTI
    ?

I don't know. Some people describe intuition as making connections between unrelated things, using metaphors and analogies and forming theories. Others describe it as you have - getting a sense or an idea of something undefinable. Those two descriptions seem pretty divergent, and I honestly don't know which one is a better measure of intuition.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
    I don't know. Some people describe intuition as making connections between unrelated things, using metaphors and analogies and forming theories. Others describe it as you have - getting a sense or an idea of something undefinable. Those two descriptions seem pretty divergent, and I honestly don't know which one is a better measure of intuition.
    Nothing is unrelated..a connection can only be made by a receiver , and therefore it is just perception by a single entity.. which makes even the unrelated, related by ones perception by making this connection, no matter how unrelated it might seem to an outsider..

My OP is just that.. me taking a bunch of unrelated events and finding a connection within my perception to form a theory over what something is..

My theory is that "Intuition" is just our subconscious trying to speak to us..With a new name

Intuition is about examining the relationships and context between objects, people, signs etc. To Intuitives, everything suggests something else.

Extraverted Intuition is all about situational context, and jumping from one idea to another based on it. It's pretty much just "this reminds me of this which reminds me of this which reminds me of this" etc. A lot of witty stand-up comedians are probably Ne-dominant.

Introverted Intuition is about shifting perspectives in order to transform reality and yourself. For example, Why do we put North at the top of most maps? Because the mapmaking tradition began among northern-dwelling people, who considered people who lived further south to be less important. Putting North at the top of the map frames geography in a way that, perhaps unwittingly, conveys the belief that Europeans are better or more important than Africans.
    Hello

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I often wonder about that, because the globe just looks right the way it is, because the northern ends of the continents are all wide, and narrow down towards the south. So the most land is in the north. Flip it over, and then the most populated areas are all on the bottom. It just happened that those with the superiority complex also came from the north.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post

what do you think??
    I think you are an ISTJ.

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Intuition is about examining the relationships and context between objects, people, signs etc. To Intuitives, everything suggests something else.

Extraverted Intuition is all about situational context, and jumping from one idea to another based on it. It's pretty much just "this reminds me of this which reminds me of this which reminds me of this" etc. A lot of witty stand-up comedians are probably Ne-dominant.
    Doesn't everyone do that?

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    Nothing is unrelated..a connection can only be made by a receiver , and therefore it is just perception by a single entity.. which makes even the unrelated, related by ones perception by making this connection, no matter how unrelated it might seem to an outsider..

My OP is just that.. me taking a bunch of unrelated events and finding a connection within my perception to form a theory over what something is..

My theory is that "Intuition" is just our subconscious trying to speak to us..With a new name
    uh, ok.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I just "get" things, concepts, easily that some other people don't. I also recognize this quality in others when they share the ability to "get it". Unfortunately, that is my poor description of what intuition is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
    Doesn't everyone do that?
    Perhaps "making associations" is the wrong way of looking at it, since we can make associations through a number of the functions. Nevertheless, Ne is the attitude that behind everything we experience, there is a wider context waiting to be explored.
    Hello