• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

About Intuition

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
What is it?
I am not sure..
But something has been tickling me for days .. and I have come to a conclusion and would like to hear what others might have to say about it..

For me.. It starts with a an idea.. something I cannot define.. A feeling, a thought.. Both but neither.. Its like a black cloud is covering something.. a cloud is not solid..SO I can see forms behind it.. but I can't quite make them out..This can be ignored or studied.. I find ignoring it works best.. because the next time it crops up.. there is less cloud.. and I see more.. Until eventually the cloud is gone until I have a clear picture..and there is that "AH HA" moment..

But REALLY isn't this just my subconscious mind trying to tell me something my consciousness is not, or is refusing, to pick up??

Would that mean if someone is intuitive.. they simply have a clearer road to their subconscious? Or are less in denial about things..??

Is intuition just really people hiding from reality and their subconscious not letting them..??

It reminds me a of line in a song "you cannot not know what you're knowing"

I am curious..

what do you think??

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
I don't know. Some people describe intuition as making connections between unrelated things, using metaphors and analogies and forming theories. Others describe it as you have - getting a sense or an idea of something undefinable. Those two descriptions seem pretty divergent, and I honestly don't know which one is a better measure of intuition.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I don't know. Some people describe intuition as making connections between unrelated things, using metaphors and analogies and forming theories. Others describe it as you have - getting a sense or an idea of something undefinable. Those two descriptions seem pretty divergent, and I honestly don't know which one is a better measure of intuition.

Nothing is unrelated..a connection can only be made by a receiver , and therefore it is just perception by a single entity.. which makes even the unrelated, related by ones perception by making this connection, no matter how unrelated it might seem to an outsider..

My OP is just that.. me taking a bunch of unrelated events and finding a connection within my perception to form a theory over what something is..

My theory is that "Intuition" is just our subconscious trying to speak to us..With a new name :)

VagrantFarce

Intuition is about examining the relationships and context between objects, people, signs etc. To Intuitives, everything suggests something else.

Extraverted Intuition is all about situational context, and jumping from one idea to another based on it. It's pretty much just "this reminds me of this which reminds me of this which reminds me of this" etc. A lot of witty stand-up comedians are probably Ne-dominant. :)

Introverted Intuition is about shifting perspectives in order to transform reality and yourself. For example, Why do we put North at the top of most maps? Because the mapmaking tradition began among northern-dwelling people, who considered people who lived further south to be less important. Putting North at the top of the map frames geography in a way that, perhaps unwittingly, conveys the belief that Europeans are better or more important than Africans.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I often wonder about that, because the globe just looks right the way it is, because the northern ends of the continents are all wide, and narrow down towards the south. So the most land is in the north. Flip it over, and then the most populated areas are all on the bottom. It just happened that those with the superiority complex also came from the north.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Intuition is about examining the relationships and context between objects, people, signs etc. To Intuitives, everything suggests something else.

Extraverted Intuition is all about situational context, and jumping from one idea to another based on it. It's pretty much just "this reminds me of this which reminds me of this which reminds me of this" etc. A lot of witty stand-up comedians are probably Ne-dominant. :)

Doesn't everyone do that?

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Nothing is unrelated..a connection can only be made by a receiver , and therefore it is just perception by a single entity.. which makes even the unrelated, related by ones perception by making this connection, no matter how unrelated it might seem to an outsider..

My OP is just that.. me taking a bunch of unrelated events and finding a connection within my perception to form a theory over what something is..

My theory is that "Intuition" is just our subconscious trying to speak to us..With a new name :)

uh, ok.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just "get" things, concepts, easily that some other people don't. I also recognize this quality in others when they share the ability to "get it". Unfortunately, that is my poor description of what intuition is for me.

VagrantFarce

Doesn't everyone do that?

Perhaps "making associations" is the wrong way of looking at it, since we can make associations through a number of the functions. Nevertheless, Ne is the attitude that behind everything we experience, there is a wider context waiting to be explored.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, for a bunch of intuitives you guys are REALLY bad at describing the marveled "intuition" that you possess.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that's because you have no intuition to pick up on what we're REALLY saying

Hmm, that's not true. You act like you know me, epic fail. How did you come to that conclusion?

You misunderstood me. The OP is obviously at a loss as to what it really means to be an intuitive, and there haven't really been any posts that clearly state that. I understand what you're "really" saying, but it's not clear.

If you had more SENSING, then you would have noticed my signature and the lack of good responses.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm, that's not true. You act like you know me, epic fail. How did you come to that conclusion?

You misunderstood me. The OP is obviously at a loss as to what it really means to be an intuitive, and there haven't really been any posts that clearly state that. I understand what you're "really" saying, but it's not clear.

If you had more SENSING, then you would have noticed my signature and the lack of good responses.
Right on, BC!