User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Thread: About Intuition

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
    I still think I'm right about Stewart, btw
    Well, I just read his book Naked Pictures of Famous People and it was sure like Woody Allen's writing, who is supposedly an ISTP. Just making an observation... although I wouldn't rule out ENTP for him. Se+Ti can be pretty remarkable at humor coupled with pointing out inconsistencies as well.

Oh and Ruthie, I've wondered about the conundrum of how N-types are supposedly the rarest of specimens yet they seem to be the majority on every list of esteemable celebrities, relegating the SJs and SPs to fuddy-duddys and airheads, minus a few 'token' exceptions.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Okay, I get what your saying, but when you word something like that, it makes it sound like XSFPs are sitting there, thinking about everything they do, as if it doesn't just 'come' to them, too. Which, in my experience, it does. So it can seem pretty subconscious, just like intuition.

For example... do you think that when a pro tennis player swings the racket she is deliberately taking into account all of the factors which have affected her game in the past? My guess is no. It probably just happens.

For this reason, I think intuition and sensing (especially if you use that sensing in more intellectual/artistic pursuits) can be confused pretty easily.
    The difference is that it just "comes" to them because of countless instances of practice and repetition, and the recollection is much more holistic. An intuitor, on the other hand, takes the bits and pieces previously collected and arranges them on the fly.

S - Situation A means B (A and B being very large matrices of information)
    N - Data point A means B which implies C,D,E, which also implies F, but not G, so on and so forth

You see the distinction?

brainheart

So any 'natural' athlete who has had little to no training must be an intuitive then?

According to your definition I am most definitely an intuitive, just so you know.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ok - this is how I think my Ne works for me in terms of writing....I will sit down to write a paper and I will realize that I knew all along what I needed, in terms of source material, and I didn't even plan it out that way. I pick up bits and pieces of information and formulate ideas without even necessarily realizing that I'm doing it until I'm forced to sit down and write on Topic A, B, or C. It's absolutely amazing, and I guess when I'm "procrastinating" I'm actually collecting information and forming new ideas, because when it comes down to it somehow everything I need is just there for me to pull together. That "pulling together" quality also helps me tremendously if I have to sit down and write an essay for a quiz or test. I am often surprised by my own ability to just make patterns and connections and flesh them out seemingly from thin air.

I'm pretty sure this is my Ne.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    An intuitor, on the other hand, takes the bits and pieces previously collected and arranges them on the fly.
    Yep, that's pretty much it!

brainheart

All right. I do that, too. But is that just because I've absorbed what I've read and been formulating ideas in my brain as well, based on my amazing powers of observation? I wrote all of my papers at the last moment in school and aced them. I am a fabulous b.s.er, as well. Is that Ne?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

All right. I do that, too. But is that just because I've absorbed what I've read and been formulating ideas in my brain as well, based on my amazing powers of observation? I wrote all of my papers at the last moment in school and aced them. I am a fabulous b.s.er, as well. Is that Ne?
    I'm fairly sure it is. Not everyone can do that.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

So any 'natural' athlete who has had little to no training must be an intuitive then?

According to your definition I am most definitely an intuitive, just so you know.
    Learning to use coordinated muscle movements as an infant is a long process which includes lots of repetition. That's generally what athletics is about, right? In that case, it's more likely that a sensor will be a natural athlete, because those actions are processed holistically and consistently, while the intuitive is going to take longer to come up with the set of discrete points that don't end up with him falling on his ass. That's why we suck at dancing at first, but tend to be pretty good at it over time.

You might be. Online tests aren't always right.

brainheart

I'm beginning to think this whole separation between Ne and Se is a bunch shim-sham flim-flammery. It's just a way for one group to feel superior while the others handle the baser jobs. It reeks of elitism at its finest. And don't tell me that it makes your relationships bad. Please.

By the way, I've only tested ISFP on one on line test out of let's say, fifty. (The others have been INFP and INTP.) But I think the description fits me better than that of INFP, aside from the "ISFPs are more likely to not graduate college" bit.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm beginning to think this whole separation between Ne and Se is a bunch shim-sham flim-flammery. It's just a way for one group to feel superior while the others handle the baser jobs. It reeks of elitism at its finest. And don't tell me that it makes your relationships bad. Please.
    That's so NeFi it's ridiculous.