• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type titles

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
If you were to write your own descriptions of the types, what would your title for each one be? I'm trying to come up with titles that nail the core competency of each type (aspirational best-ofs, not averages).

---

Personally I am only sure that Keirsey nails one title, notably:

INTJ Mastermind

I don't know who deserves credit for this one, but I also quite like:

ISTP Troubleshooter <-- ISTPs, what say you?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
INTP = The Definer.
ENTJ = The Field Marshal.
ENTP = The Smartass. (this one is more my father's than my own but I've yet to find contradictory evidence)
ENFP = The Loony ( :tongue10: )
ISTJ = The Walking Repository of Information (repository is to be swapped out for suppository in the under developed versions ;) )

errm...

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
INTP = The Definer.

Hmm... Not bad. What say the other INTPs?

ENTJ = The Field Marshal.

I agree that the core competency of the ENTJ has to do with being directive but I dislike the hierarchic connotation of this Keirsey title (same with 'Executive'). I'd like a title indicating that people follow this type out of sheer respect.

Yes, it's hard seeing the ultimate potential of other types, isn't it? ;)

---

Edit:

ESTJ Organizer?
ESTP Ambassador?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I agree that the core competency of the ENTJ has to do with being directive but I dislike the hierarchic connotation of this Keirsey title (same with 'Executive'). I'd like a title indicating that people take directions from this type out of sheer respect.
Don't you find that an ENTJ kinda arrives with the manner of a field marshal regardless of whether or not others are prepared to treat them as such?
Yes, it's hard seeing the ultimate potential of other types, isn't it? ;)
NTs are kinda easy. I'm never sure with Fs and Ss still kinda confuse me.

Perhaps ISFJ = ....
what do they call those people who you can get to train someone in etiquette and such?

ESTP = Ambassador???? :laugh:
You mean the same ESTPs who are described by one person as "Every society needs people like this, sociopaths to keep the numbers down" ?

As for ESTJ = Organiser.. I'm not sure it's a good idea to do that. Kind of like calling Staffies "fighters" they'll only live up to it and we don't want that!!

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Don't you find that an ENTJ kinda arrives with the manner of a field marshal regardless of whether or not others are prepared to treat them as such?

No, in my experience not all ENTJs suffer from an inflated sense of entitlement. Some do, but remember that this is about:

the core competency of each type (aspirational best-ofs, not averages).

ESTP = Ambassador???? :laugh:
You mean the same ESTPs who are described by one person as "Every society needs people like this, sociopaths to keep the numbers down" ?

See above. :) I was trying to think of something combining the smooth operator skill of the ESTP with their promoting activities, though admittedly the title isn't as evocative as it should be... :thinking:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was trying to think of something combining the smooth operator skill of the ESTP with their promoting activities, though admittedly the title isn't as evocative as it should be... :thinking:

I'd call them "The Player" or something similar. They're always trying to play the system for max benefit to themselves (or whomever). It's all a big game.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd call them "The Player" or something similar. They're always trying to play the system for max benefit to themselves (or whomever). It's all a big game.

I think that title is quite descriptive, but not as positive as what I'm looking for. After all, no one likes someone who's playing mercilessly to win. :(

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I usually like to think up animal names that I feel suit them.

INTP -The Owl
ENTP -The Falcon
INTJ - The Raccoon
ENTJ - The Wolf
INFP - The Mouse
ENFP - The Rabbit
INFJ - The Fox
ENFJ - The Dog

Unless you are looking for ol' boring names like these....

INTP - The Clarifier
ENTP - The Researcher
INTJ - The Scholar
ENTJ - The Contender
INFP - The Visionary
ENFP - The Consoler
INFJ - The Foreseer
ENFJ - The Captivator

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What about these:

ENFJ -- Organized Sentimentalist

INFJ -- Analytical Sentimentalist

ENFP -- Creative Sentimentalist

INFP -- Pure Sentimentalist

ENTJ -- Directive Analyst

ENTP -- Creative Analyst

INTP -- Observant Analyst

INTJ -- Pure Analyst

ISTJ -- Pure Guardian

ISFJ -- Helpful Guardian

ESTJ -- Analytical Guardian

ESFJ -- Sentimental Guardian

ESFP -- Pure Seeker

ESTP -- Practical Seeker

ISTP -- Analytical Seeker

ISFP -- Sentimental Seeker

That was just what occurred to me as I was reading the type descriptions and functional orders.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
ENFP - The Consoler

That doesn't fit the ENFPs I know. Sure, they can be consoling, but that is not in any way a defining or even especially significant part of who they are and how they operate. Do you know any ENFPs irl?

I would suggest ENFP - the refresher. It comes closer to the mark while still missing it. Maybe ENFP - the Freshmaker?

And INFP - the mouse? Wtf? What's that saying? :steam:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm..I can't describe my ENFP friends in one word. :) Two or three, maybe...

Restless Romantic?
Energized Optimist?
Eager Life-explorer?
Passionate Idealist?

hehe...oh well.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
That doesn't fit the ENFPs I know. Sure, they can be consoling, but that is not in any way a defining or even especially significant part of who they are and how they operate. Do you know any ENFPs irl?

I would suggest ENFP - the refresher. It comes closer to the mark while still missing it. Maybe ENFP - the Freshmaker?

Mentos? I miss those Mentos commercials. :cry:

I guess a dog is better than a mouse :azdaja: :dry: But mice carry pestilent diseases, able to destroy empires. The meek shall inherit the earth. Dogs just run around with their tongues lagging out. I guess the life of a life of sybaritic indolence i.e., humping a leg isn't a bad. Bringer of disease and pestilence or leg humper/butt-sniffer extraordinaire?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Maybe ENFP - the Freshmaker?

:laugh:

athenian200, thanks for chiming in. :) I'm looking for more evocative terms though - ideally (though admittedly improbably), titles that remind people of people they know who actually are that type.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFJ: Life Coach

ISFJ: The Nurturer (I know this is a common title for ISFJ, but I'm having a hard time finding a more suitable word. The ISFJ female I know just exudes this quality - maybe Caregiver?)

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi

The Expresser?
The Reviver?
The Liaison?

Yeah, my first choice was cat, but I was hoping that some INFP would see "mouse" and bring out the claws on me. :D