First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    why have I never read this anywhere it's perfect
    http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/as...velop_old.html

Section 8, part 5

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Hmm when I am making decisions, the thought of what will happen for various alternatives pops up uncontrollably

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

OH OH, and also when people ask you how you came to that conclusion, when you're absentmindedly saying stuff, and youre like.. oh, I don't even know, it just came to me. But it turns out to be right. But people think you are being an asshole for just saying stuff and not having any backup for it. But Ni just knows stuff, you know?!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    While I can relate to most of those, I strongly relate to these:
    - "experience a premonition or foresee the unexpected " : These moments always happen unexpectedly, but they're not all that rare at the same time. Usually happens along with the one below... it just clicks into place.
    - "suddenly realize an 'ah ha!' answer out of nowhere "
    - "feel pulled to the symbolic, archetypal or mysterious " : I've always been drawn to unexpected things... dreams, symbols, archetypes, etc. Sometimes people feel it's contradicting to put credit on these things when you're such a realist... but I don't really care. :P
    - "layout how the future will unfold based on unseen trends and telling signs " and "feel certain that future changes will unfold in a foreseen way " : Used with the first one and the one above...my subconcious is constantly collecting a ton of data and some of it's interpreted into symbols. After enough of these "signs", my intuition becomes suspicious that something is about to happen. That ranges from really specific, like meeting someone and knowing what our relationship will be like a year from now, to vague such as: "Crap... gotta prepare myself. Something bad is about to happen." Since it is only my third function, I don't trust these hunches as well as I'd like to... that's why I say "suspicious."
    - "rely on a focal device or symbolic action to predict, enlighten or transform " : I use certain symbols and objects as a means to keep myself grounded and motivate myself.
    - "deliberately pick a specific problem to sleep on and awaken with the full answer " : This is the worst. I never sleep well on these nights. They're somewhat frequent. And sometimes it's not even really deliberate.

Bottom line: I love my Ni. It may not be as efficient as NJs'... but I feel like it still plays a huge part in how I think and who I am. They say that your third function is something you're drawn to in you 20's and are fascinated by. It also is the function you seem most playful and childlike when using. I'd say that's fairly accurate. I get excited and giddy when I use it sometimes, especially in the "aha!" moments. Other times, when Ni makes me lock onto an intense scenario that I feel will play out in the near future, I become more serious and withdrawn. I rarely share my insights.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

It seems you're actually more adept at using Ni than me.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    - "experience a premonition or foresee the unexpected " : These moments always happen unexpectedly, but they're not all that rare at the same time. Usually happens along with the one below... it just clicks into place.
    - "feel pulled to the symbolic, archetypal or mysterious " : I've always been drawn to unexpected things... dreams, symbols, archetypes, etc. Sometimes people feel it's contradicting to put credit on these things when you're such a realist... but I don't really care. :P
    - "layout how the future will unfold based on unseen trends and telling signs " and "feel certain that future changes will unfold in a foreseen way " : Used with the first one and the one above...my subconcious is constantly collecting a ton of data and some of it's interpreted into symbols. After enough of these "signs", my intuition becomes suspicious that something is about to happen. That ranges from really specific, like meeting someone and knowing what our relationship will be like a year from now, to vague such as: "Crap... gotta prepare myself. Something bad is about to happen." Since it is only my third function, I don't trust these hunches as well as I'd like to... that's why I say "suspicious."
    - "rely on a focal device or symbolic action to predict, enlighten or transform " : I use certain symbols and objects as a means to keep myself grounded and motivate myself.
    - "deliberately pick a specific problem to sleep on and awaken with the full answer " : This is the worst. I never sleep well on these nights. They're somewhat frequent. And sometimes it's not even really deliberate.

Bottom line: I love my Ni. It may not be as efficient as NJs'... but I feel like it still plays a huge part in how I think and who I am. They say that your third function is something you're drawn to in you 20's and are fascinated by. It also is the function you seem most playful and childlike when using. I'd say that's fairly accurate. I get excited and giddy when I use it sometimes, especially in the "aha!" moments. Other times, when Ni makes me lock onto an intense scenario that I feel will play out in the near future, I become more serious and withdrawn. I rarely share my insights.
    I practically could have made this post myself. Nice!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

I use to have many deja vu and dreams that came true when I was a child (is it the same thing?). And like you, rarely shared them.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    It seems you're actually more adept at using Ni than me.
    How so? Do you think it's possible that because you use it so much that you're not as aware of it? My Ti can be like that sometimes. Ni, on the other hand, is something I'm a lot more aware of simply because it results in a very different way of thinking than normal.

And I'm glad there are other ISPs that use Ni a lot!
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

How so? Do you think it's possible that because you use it so much that you're not as aware of it?
    No, it's just that I've tried to ignore it because of personal reasons. Te was more help earlier in my life, that is about to change though.

And, to be honest, I find most people really unpredictable and confusing, which doesn't help me in my 'quest' to master Ni.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by bcvcdc View Post
    I really couldn't tell you. I don't have intuition, sadly.
    +1

My intuition is AWWWWWFUL. D:
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%