• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NJs how do you convince other people that to trust your Ni ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well the thread title actually says everything.
Basicly I am asking how do you present the work of your Ni to other people.

As for others: What would make you trust some other persons Ni in making a right choices in a "be or not to be situation" ? (or something like it)

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, I tend to overuse Te in decision making and NOT trusting Ni myself, so I have no idea.

If you gain others trust with your knowledge and competence however, they will slowly accept your ideas and decisions even it you present it in a way they are: as simple "hunches", forms of mere instinct. Especially if they've proven to be pertinent in other cases.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well they would trust it later anyway because I'm usually right.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
Sound like you know what you're talking about. Which, most of the time, you do.

Jaguar

Basicly I am asking how do you present the work of your Ni to other people.

At the risk of sounding materialistic: Money.
When you can make a lot of money with Ni, they come running.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I am not weak-minded enough to trust someone else's Ni, I'll always trust my own first. Basically, I'll only trust your Ni if my own Ni says it's trustworthy. :smile:

Aside from that, I'd say most people would simply need experience with you. Basically, if they've seen that you've often been right in the past, then they'll grow to trust your judgment.

Generally speaking, I don't rely on trust. I generally trust myself, and focus on finding ways of getting other people to DO what my Ni suggests is necessary by any means, without trying to explain exactly why I'm doing what I'm doing, because I know it will sound ridiculous until they see the results for themselves.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What would make you trust some other persons Ni in making a right choices in a "be or not to be situation" ? (or something like it)

If it's very likely that what they are forecasting will happen in the future, then I'll go along with it and see what happens. If not then I'll ask them why they think that something will develop in that way. I grew up around an ENFJ as a mom, and I have an INFJ best friend, so maybe I'm more trusting of Ni for that reason.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I view my intuition as a starting point. It is something that can point me in a direction when presented with the vast expanse. If it is worth anything, then it can be subject to analysis and scrutiny and it should hold. I wouldn't expect anyone to believe my intuition without supporting evidence. Without a pattern of it holding up to scrutiny, I wouldn't trust it either. I don't treat it as a hardened conclusion without evidence, but more of a compass that can save time by providing a starting point.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
If a person can be "right" about a situation consistently, regardless of their ability to explain how they derived their solution, then they can be trusted for utility's sake.

In more MBTI terms, Ni is still a cognitive function and thus requires the use of the brain. Capable Ni in a capable brain can be trusted.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Basically I am asking how do you present the work of your Ni to other people.

As for others: What would make you trust some other persons Ni in making a right choices in a "be or not to be situation" ? (or something like it)
Unfortunately, I am hardly ever able to get people to trust my Ni, so when it's really important, I make sure I have all the facts written down somewhere or memorized because most people want me to back up what I am saying with facts.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I can answer honestly, that I have a bit of trouble sometimes trusting someones Ni when it concerns me
I am a bit guarded, and I don't always like someone telling me to face myself before I am ready too. I have to be able to figure it out myself. Or, for me to listen, it can't be presented in the abstract..It's not that I can't deal with abstract thought.. quite the contrary.. It's just that when it comes to me about me, I need facts and consequences, nothing else.. or it starts to sound fishy or manipulative..

Lily Bart

MBTI Type
INFP
As I get older, I get choosier about who I hang around with and I tend to hang around more with people who respond well to Ni. I'm getting so loud alarm bells go off in my head when I see that patronizing smile on peoples' faces and I'm not interested in continuing the acquaintance. Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm married to an ENTP, so I have lots and lots and lots of experience arguing my Ni-based position against his Ti position (and if you don't think that's a tough combination -- think again!) Since we've been "discussing" things for years, I've learned to "discuss" very logically, but I'm getting so it's more fun to use NiFe to win "discussions." Although he's using his third function, feeling, more and more now, which throws me for a loop and takes some of the fun out of it!

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't. :) My Ni convinces them all by itself when it gets proven right over and over, hahaha.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't. :) My Ni convinces them all by itself when it gets proven right over and over, hahaha.

This. As many other INTJs have said, I don't seek to persuade people, I just put my view out there. It's when I'm proven right time and time again that people start to listen.

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
I prefer to be proven right, too. People close to me will learn to trust my judgement.

It's one of the most frustrating situations when I'm absolutely certain of something (the Ni way) and then someone asks me to explain it, usually in a Te way (facts, lists, sources, etc.). I can't provide that.

It's very temptating to say "I told you!" afterwards, but it's only because I want them to realize that I can be trusted.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
My husband and my 2 oldest kids were all ISTx and they were always making fun of my Ni... disdaining it.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
This. As many other INTJs have said, I don't seek to persuade people, I just put my view out there. It's when I'm proven right time and time again that people start to listen.

Exactly. I just make sure my words get heard by the right person at key times, and, eventually, they'll notice a pattern of success/wisdom. I think the trick is to find a person who is smart enough to care.