User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    ...I don't.
    Don't try to convince people of anything, either they agree or they don't.
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    xxxx

If a person can be "right" about a situation consistently, regardless of their ability to explain how they derived their solution, then they can be trusted for utility's sake.

In more MBTI terms, Ni is still a cognitive function and thus requires the use of the brain. Capable Ni in a capable brain can be trusted.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well the thread title actually says everything.
    Basically I am asking how do you present the work of your Ni to other people.

As for others: What would make you trust some other persons Ni in making a right choices in a "be or not to be situation" ? (or something like it)
    Unfortunately, I am hardly ever able to get people to trust my Ni, so when it's really important, I make sure I have all the facts written down somewhere or memorized because most people want me to back up what I am saying with facts.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I can answer honestly, that I have a bit of trouble sometimes trusting someones Ni when it concerns me
    I am a bit guarded, and I don't always like someone telling me to face myself before I am ready too. I have to be able to figure it out myself. Or, for me to listen, it can't be presented in the abstract..It's not that I can't deal with abstract thought.. quite the contrary.. It's just that when it comes to me about me, I need facts and consequences, nothing else.. or it starts to sound fishy or manipulative..

MBTI
    INFJ

As I get older, I get choosier about who I hang around with and I tend to hang around more with people who respond well to Ni. I'm getting so loud alarm bells go off in my head when I see that patronizing smile on peoples' faces and I'm not interested in continuing the acquaintance. Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm married to an ENTP, so I have lots and lots and lots of experience arguing my Ni-based position against his Ti position (and if you don't think that's a tough combination -- think again!) Since we've been "discussing" things for years, I've learned to "discuss" very logically, but I'm getting so it's more fun to use NiFe to win "discussions." Although he's using his third function, feeling, more and more now, which throws me for a loop and takes some of the fun out of it!

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't. My Ni convinces them all by itself when it gets proven right over and over, hahaha.
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiana View Post
    I don't. My Ni convinces them all by itself when it gets proven right over and over, hahaha.
    This. As many other INTJs have said, I don't seek to persuade people, I just put my view out there. It's when I'm proven right time and time again that people start to listen.

MBTI
    INFJ

I prefer to be proven right, too. People close to me will learn to trust my judgement.

It's one of the most frustrating situations when I'm absolutely certain of something (the Ni way) and then someone asks me to explain it, usually in a Te way (facts, lists, sources, etc.). I can't provide that.

It's very temptating to say "I told you!" afterwards, but it's only because I want them to realize that I can be trusted.

MBTI
    INTJ

My husband and my 2 oldest kids were all ISTx and they were always making fun of my Ni... disdaining it.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    This. As many other INTJs have said, I don't seek to persuade people, I just put my view out there. It's when I'm proven right time and time again that people start to listen.
    Exactly. I just make sure my words get heard by the right person at key times, and, eventually, they'll notice a pattern of success/wisdom. I think the trick is to find a person who is smart enough to care.
    I think I think more than you think I think.