User Tag List

First 12

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I think J's have an advantage when it comes to fitting in at an office, but P's can learn to fit in just fine. How good or bad the environment is definitely varies according to company, profession, and manager. I'm a P and I currently work in an office job. I don't really like the work environment, but I like the work, so I put up with it. I don't plan on staying there indefinitely though.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP

I actually known an INFJ woman who works in an office at the moment and absolutely hates it. The nastiness of some of the politics and manipulation etc really upset her and get her down. She says she'd much rather work, say, looking after horses or as a teacher or something.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think it's too extreme to say that J's have NO problem with these things. Most appreciate the stability of a clearly defined work schedule; but if the schedule does not accommodate the actual needs of the workers to accomplish their tasks successfully, then J's will get up in arms about it.

(i.e., they are complaining more about the illogic/mismatch/incompetence of the system, rather than the lack of overall flexibility of it like P's might be more inclined to do. Because they feel they cannot fulfill their responsibilities at a high level of excellence if the system is ill-suited, and this will tick J's off.)
    J type opinion...

I've done the office job thing. While I appreciated the set hours, I could not deal with the monotonous, detail oriented work that it entailed. I also hated office politics and would have much rather had a desk in a room with a door that closed. I worked well enough in the environment, especially with getting things done way before deadline. However, I hated being a small, seemingly insignificant piece in a web of workers. Not to say I was insignificant per say, but it was hard to find meaning in my work when the daily grind overshadowed it.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I actually known an INFJ woman who works in an office at the moment and absolutely hates it. The nastiness of some of the politics and manipulation etc really upset her and get her down. She says she'd much rather work, say, looking after horses or as a teacher or something.
    Haha, sounds like me. I've switched from management to starting on a teaching degree. If I'm going to manage something now, it's going to be a classroom!

MBTI
    ISTP

I can't wait to have a regular office job. I'm one to like routine. If I don't have a routine, I'll never get anything done. I don't want a job that involves the exact same tasks everyday, but a fixed schedule helps me a lot. Really, as long as I'm learning something new, I'm pretty happy with a schedule.

The weekends are for interesting adventures!
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%