• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What types do certain types get along with best?

Crazydaisy

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Since I discovered MBTI, I've realized that historically I've always gotten along with certain types better than others - there just seems to be that connection, whether it be through humour or shared perceptions...

As an ISFJ, I get along best with:
ESTP - Always have hilarious exchanges, good banter and easy conversation
ESTJ - sense of comraderie and shared humour
INTP - enjoy the interesting conversation
ENFP -everyone gets along with them (although my enfp friend and I bicker a lot)
ENTJ - I think ENTJs enjoy my feeling side, and I enjoy bringing it out in them!

Worst:
INFP - Dont have much in common
ISTJ - I like them, but its always a bit awkward
INFJ - I like them, but just seem a bit weird (sorry!) - although I only know 1 or 2
ESFJ - awkward exchanges
ISFP - not much in common - seem too dreamy and spaced out
ESFP - Can never carry on a conversation
ISTP - too introverted
Don't really know any(could be either good or bad)
ENFJ
ENTP
INTJ

Its wierd that as an F and an I, I seem to get along best with those who are E and T.

What types do you get along with best? Any theories as to why this is?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let's see...

Best-

ENTP- we virtually have nothing in common, but there is nothing bad about the relationship. It's very easy and fun to banter with an ENTP. It's smooth sailing. You just have to get used to them.

ESTP- Pretty much the same reasons as ENTP

ENFP male- I really enjoy them. We have the male Fi thing going on. If they don't annoy me, I really enjoy their presence.

INTJ- I just like them a lot. I'm not very tactful, and INTJs don't really care, Which is a relief.

INTP- Most interactions with INTPs that I have are generally positive.

The others could go pretty much either way. Except that I have this strange problem with ENFP females. I usually get annoyed by them out of all of the types (and of course there are exceptions). INFJs are very hot or cold, either I like them or I want to strangle them.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I get along pretty well with:

ENFPs: But only for fun; not so much romantically.
Other ENTPs: Banter = fun
ISFJ: Easygoing, good people for the most part. Some can be a little dull for me, but they are a nice rest from most of my NP friends.
INTP: Lots of fun, but usually just one-on-one or in small groups.
INxJ: They blow my mind
ISxP: Again, really easygoing.
ENFJ: They respect my whimsical behaviour and find it amusing I think, and they kind of keep me in check when it comes to being abrasive and condescending.

Not-so well:

ISTJ: I am way too abstract for them, and they are way to concrete for me. I find them rather dull.
INFP: I offend them way too much.
ExTJ: Way to aggressive, and that just doesn't appeal to my constant yearning for fun and freedom, especially ESTJs.
ESTP: Too sporty and physically daring for me, and I think they find me a bit boring in most cases because I won't engage in their superficial thrill-seeking.

ESFPs are good in smaller doses.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I get along best with everyone.

(type-wise anyway).

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
INTJs- the people I'm happy to let into my inner circle and daily life easily. I crave their presence. We process similarly, and their lack of emoting is a relief to me during downtime.

INFJs- fellow soulmates, and good for late-night conversations. I laugh a lot when we end up grappling for the perfect words to express ideas, when, really, we tend to understand each other fairly intuitively. The words are just to satisfy perfectionist tenancies.

INFPs- I adore their passion, though I find their inner angst taxing after a while. :blush: Also, the tenancy to jump to wrong conclusions and be overly passionate about something that's really not that important (to me) can drive me bonkers.

ESFPs- They keep me lighthearted and make me laugh...very good for pulling me back into the here and now. Somehow they have a grounding quality for me, emotionally. Lots of good conversation!

ENFPs- one of my best guy friends is an ENFP. I adore them and their huge personality and intelligence...and find him exhausting on occasion. These tend to be fellow foodies, fellow music enthusiasts, fellow feelers, fellow book lovers. Another type that I never run out of things to talk about with. I often feel that they express feelings outwardly as intensly as I feel things inwardly, I'm a little jealous of their ability to laugh and cry so easily.

ENTJ-I like their cleverness, and appreciate their humor, but find their pushiness off-putting.

ISFJs-we just have a hard time conversing, although I enjoy learning from them.

ISFP- These are just fun people to enjoy a sensory experience with. I have to make an effort to enter their world, and it can be a stretch for me at first, but something about their style of life is just magical to me.

ISTJ-people I appreciate, but have a hard time keeping a relationship with due to their inflexibility and lack of patience for others.

ENTPs- wildly clever and amusing to me, and sort of endearing in their childlike approach to people and situations. I can become irritated at their insensitive inquisitiveness when I'm going through a difficult time.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
I prefer other NT's.

two of my best friends at NT's: ENTJ and INTP.
I love ENTJ's because they don't seem as sensitive so I don't have to over-think what I say.
NF's can grate me. More specifically ENFJ's.
SP's are fun, but once they get dramatic, I'm out.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Best:
EXXPs

Hardest Time w/:
XXTJs

I get along very well with most people of any type, including XXTJs, unless the relationship is very intimate; at which point, all hell has the potential for breaking loose.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Suuuuuuuure ya do...

hey, one of my best friends is ENTP, we get along great. :D I'm also dating an ISFJ.

Type is not the be-all-end-all for relationships! Although I will say, I haven't made any INTJ friends that I am aware of...

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Best friend - ENTJ
Good friends ENTJ, ENTP, ESTP, ESFJ, IxtP

Struggle a little or a lot (depending) with INxx as it is hard to move the conversation forward sometimes. Just skimming the surface. Which is a shame.

I don't know to many F's ..

But if you are a stranger, i will talk to you, lol :D

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Best:
ENTP - Can't really explain it. Just like their company.
ESFP - Good people to have fun with. Some of them just can't shut up, but I don't mind, because they're pretty down to earth and they won't talk for hours about deep stuff.
INTP - Their smartness makes my life easier.
ENTJ - Not always that friendly, but they're fascinating in some strange way
INTJ - See ENTJ, but a little less fascinating.

Okay:
ENFP - Most of the time I can get along with them, but there are exceptions (corny ENFPs).
ESTP - Good people to have fun with.
INFP - They seem to like me. Most of them.
INFJ - They seem to like me as well, more than INFPs. And somehow they seem to get me (and so they don't show their Fe around me, very good)
ESTJ - Some of them are bossy, some are mean, some are aggressive... That can be pretty sexy sometimes! Same for ISTJs (but a little less)
ISTP - True hedonists. Not too nerdy, not too outgoing. Just plain cool.
ISFP - Some are real softies, but when that softness disappears they can turn cool too!

Less:
ENFJ - It's the Fe. Can't stand it when people are trying to take care of me or help me when I'm in trouble. Other people's Fe makes me feel small and helpless.
ESFJ - Same.
ISFJ - Ditto.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Best:
ENTP - Can't really explain it. Just like their company.
ESFP - Good people to have fun with. Some of them just can't shut up, but I don't mind, because they're pretty down to earth and they won't talk for hours about deep stuff.
INTP - Their smartness makes my life easier.
ENTJ - Not always that friendly, but they're fascinating in some strange way
INTJ - See ENTJ, but a little less fascinating.

Okay:
ENFP - Most of the time I can get along with them, but there are exceptions (corny ENFPs).
ESTP - Good people to have fun with.
INFP - They seem to like me. Most of them.
INFJ - They seem to like me as well, more than INFPs. And somehow they seem to get me (and so they don't show their Fe around me, very good)
ESTJ - Some of them are bossy, some are mean, some are aggressive... That can be pretty sexy sometimes! Same for ISTJs (but a little less)
ISTP - True hedonists. Not too nerdy, not too outgoing. Just plain cool.
ISFP - Some are real softies, but when that softness disappears they can turn cool too!

Less:
ENFJ - It's the Fe. Can't stand it when people are trying to take care of me or help me when I'm in trouble. Other people's Fe makes me feel small and helpless.
ESFJ - Same.
ISFJ - Ditto.

How about the ISTJ?

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Same as ESTJ, but most of them are a little bit less exciting.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
From personal experience...

Get along best with:
ISFP
ESFJ
ESTP
ENTP

Haven't met too many types I really get along badly with, but I seem to conflict with ExTJs sometimes.

Same as ESTJ, but most of them are a little bit less exciting.

My bad, didn't see the blurb about ESTJs.

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
ENTJ, ISTJ, ENFP, ISFP, ISTP.

I don't know. I get along with most types, to be honest.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just from experience, I get along best with...
INTP
INTJ
ENTJ
ISFP
ESTP

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
hey, one of my best friends is ENTP, we get along great. :D I'm also dating an ISFJ.

Type is not the be-all-end-all for relationships! Although I will say, I haven't made any INTJ friends that I am aware of...

Aw, I was trying to get you to hop onto your Fi pedestal and get pissed at me for making such an unfounded claim and ultimately use that against you. You win though :cheers:

proximo

I generally get along with anyone who's basically considerate and decent - and sane. And people like that come in all type categories. As do assholes.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My two close friends are INFJ and the other is ESFJ

But other than that I get along with ESFP/ISTP/ENFx