User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Default What types do certain types get along with best?

Since I discovered MBTI, I've realized that historically I've always gotten along with certain types better than others - there just seems to be that connection, whether it be through humour or shared perceptions...

As an ISFJ, I get along best with:
    ESTP - Always have hilarious exchanges, good banter and easy conversation
    ESTJ - sense of comraderie and shared humour
    INTP - enjoy the interesting conversation
    ENFP -everyone gets along with them (although my enfp friend and I bicker a lot)
    ENTJ - I think ENTJs enjoy my feeling side, and I enjoy bringing it out in them!

Worst:
    INFP - Dont have much in common
    ISTJ - I like them, but its always a bit awkward
    INFJ - I like them, but just seem a bit weird (sorry!) - although I only know 1 or 2
    ESFJ - awkward exchanges
    ISFP - not much in common - seem too dreamy and spaced out
    ESFP - Can never carry on a conversation
    ISTP - too introverted
    Don't really know any(could be either good or bad)
    ENFJ
    ENTP
    INTJ

Its wierd that as an F and an I, I seem to get along best with those who are E and T.

What types do you get along with best? Any theories as to why this is?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Let's see...

Best-

ENTP- we virtually have nothing in common, but there is nothing bad about the relationship. It's very easy and fun to banter with an ENTP. It's smooth sailing. You just have to get used to them.

ESTP- Pretty much the same reasons as ENTP

ENFP male- I really enjoy them. We have the male Fi thing going on. If they don't annoy me, I really enjoy their presence.

INTJ- I just like them a lot. I'm not very tactful, and INTJs don't really care, Which is a relief.

INTP- Most interactions with INTPs that I have are generally positive.

The others could go pretty much either way. Except that I have this strange problem with ENFP females. I usually get annoyed by them out of all of the types (and of course there are exceptions). INFJs are very hot or cold, either I like them or I want to strangle them.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I get along pretty well with:

ENFPs: But only for fun; not so much romantically.
    Other ENTPs: Banter = fun
    ISFJ: Easygoing, good people for the most part. Some can be a little dull for me, but they are a nice rest from most of my NP friends.
    INTP: Lots of fun, but usually just one-on-one or in small groups.
    INxJ: They blow my mind
    ISxP: Again, really easygoing.
    ENFJ: They respect my whimsical behaviour and find it amusing I think, and they kind of keep me in check when it comes to being abrasive and condescending.

Not-so well:

ISTJ: I am way too abstract for them, and they are way to concrete for me. I find them rather dull.
    INFP: I offend them way too much.
    ExTJ: Way to aggressive, and that just doesn't appeal to my constant yearning for fun and freedom, especially ESTJs.
    ESTP: Too sporty and physically daring for me, and I think they find me a bit boring in most cases because I won't engage in their superficial thrill-seeking.

ESFPs are good in smaller doses.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I get along best with everyone.

(type-wise anyway).

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

INTJs- the people I'm happy to let into my inner circle and daily life easily. I crave their presence. We process similarly, and their lack of emoting is a relief to me during downtime.

INFJs- fellow soulmates, and good for late-night conversations. I laugh a lot when we end up grappling for the perfect words to express ideas, when, really, we tend to understand each other fairly intuitively. The words are just to satisfy perfectionist tenancies.

INFPs- I adore their passion, though I find their inner angst taxing after a while. Also, the tenancy to jump to wrong conclusions and be overly passionate about something that's really not that important (to me) can drive me bonkers.

ESFPs- They keep me lighthearted and make me laugh...very good for pulling me back into the here and now. Somehow they have a grounding quality for me, emotionally. Lots of good conversation!

ENFPs- one of my best guy friends is an ENFP. I adore them and their huge personality and intelligence...and find him exhausting on occasion. These tend to be fellow foodies, fellow music enthusiasts, fellow feelers, fellow book lovers. Another type that I never run out of things to talk about with. I often feel that they express feelings outwardly as intensly as I feel things inwardly, I'm a little jealous of their ability to laugh and cry so easily.

ENTJ-I like their cleverness, and appreciate their humor, but find their pushiness off-putting.

ISFJs-we just have a hard time conversing, although I enjoy learning from them.

ISFP- These are just fun people to enjoy a sensory experience with. I have to make an effort to enter their world, and it can be a stretch for me at first, but something about their style of life is just magical to me.

ISTJ-people I appreciate, but have a hard time keeping a relationship with due to their inflexibility and lack of patience for others.

ENTPs- wildly clever and amusing to me, and sort of endearing in their childlike approach to people and situations. I can become irritated at their insensitive inquisitiveness when I'm going through a difficult time.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    I get along best with everyone.
    Suuuuuuuure ya do...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

I prefer other NT's.

two of my best friends at NT's: ENTJ and INTP.
    I love ENTJ's because they don't seem as sensitive so I don't have to over-think what I say.
    NF's can grate me. More specifically ENFJ's.
    SP's are fun, but once they get dramatic, I'm out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Best:
    EXXPs

Hardest Time w/:
    XXTJs

I get along very well with most people of any type, including XXTJs, unless the relationship is very intimate; at which point, all hell has the potential for breaking loose.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Suuuuuuuure ya do...
    hey, one of my best friends is ENTP, we get along great. I'm also dating an ISFJ.

Type is not the be-all-end-all for relationships! Although I will say, I haven't made any INTJ friends that I am aware of...

MBTI
    ESFJ

Best friend - ENTJ
    Good friends ENTJ, ENTP, ESTP, ESFJ, IxtP

Struggle a little or a lot (depending) with INxx as it is hard to move the conversation forward sometimes. Just skimming the surface. Which is a shame.

I don't know to many F's ..

But if you are a stranger, i will talk to you, lol
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe