Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    Sounds like your describing Ti.
    Uh.... no.

T is a judging function.

When it's coupled with S, it tends to see "one" reality -- the singular internal one or the raw data stream outside. When it's coupled with N, it tends to see "infinite" reality -- all the possibilities between said data points.

What Ti will do is create a model of reality. The S model is pretty singular, the N model allows for "fuzzy points" and weighs possibilities, not just concrete data.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Ti precisely defines, correlates, and catalogues concepts, ideas, things, methods, etc. It provides a framework to think in - it focuses on creating a framework through which to view and correlate events, and involves looking at different sides of an issue. What you were describing wasn't Ni.

One thing I don't understand is how a P (an irrational type ...) type could be a Ti dominant. Silly Myers Brigg p/j addition.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Yeah, the difference sounds like Ne being used with Ti vs Fi. In both cases, Ne looks at the possibility and probability (which still includes some uncertainty, hence it's still really just a possibility, only with more likelihood of coming true). Yet the actual decision to be made in what to do with it is going to be by the judging function, of course. Ti will judge based on the way things work, and from there channel the possibility into a probability based on the internal knowledge. Fi will go by what feels right or lines up with what one likes or believes in. Hence, it will stick with just the possibility, hoping its "faith" will get it through.
    One thing I don't understand is how a P (an irrational type ...) type could be a Ti dominant. Silly Myers Brigg p/j addition.
    Because J/P is about what is used externally, rather than dominantly, which does make a lot of sense. Internal vs external judging makes a big noticeable difference in personality. That's what others will be affected by the most.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Because J/P is about what is used externally, rather than dominantly, which does make a lot of sense.
    I'm well aware, hence my comment "Silly Myer Briggs p/j addition." It doesn't make sense (it differs from both Jung's typology and Socionics), and has led to many problems with type descriptions.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Because J/P is about what is used externally, rather than dominantly, which does make a lot of sense. Internal vs external judging makes a big noticeable difference in personality. That's what others will be affected by the most.
    To put it another way, we can only observe the external. The rest we're guessing at. So it was easier to type people based on what they externalize.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    I'm well aware, hence my comment "Silly Myer Briggs p/j addition." It doesn't make sense (it differs from both Jung's typology and Socionics), and has led to many problems with type descriptions.
    It's okay, I don't like Socionics.

Is the disagreement we had earlier on terminology based on using different systems to define out terms?

This is primarily an MBTI site, so we generally use those definitions.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

EDITED: I have lost interest in this thread.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sorry the MBTI thing isn't working out for you.

Anyway... other feedback is appreciated.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I would say that any N type in general views the world through a possibility lens. Probability is just a way to streamline possibilities into the ones that are the most relevant and attainable given a certain context. It may be that NTs are more likely to discriminate between possibilities and probable possibilities, but only if they actively attempt to make this discrimination. As an NT, I see possibilities galore and only streamline them when I am trying to apply possibilities to my external world. I think NFs also have the ability to discriminate between the probable possibilities and the not-so-probable possibilities, but they are less likely to mold their actions or goals based on that discrimination.