123 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Default The advantage of Fi

What advantages are there from being an Fi-dom in modern society?
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm interested in knowing as well.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Me, too! (And I'm an INFP)

I can see it acting as a sort of cultural safety-valve, making sure that individuals aren't victimized by the application of general principle or the greater good. Also, it demands that external affect match internal motivation, so counteracts some manipulative practices.

But as far as helping Fi users directly... that I'm not so clear on. Especially since primary Fi users have somewhat crippled Te, which clearly has utility.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

being Fi dominant usually causes for extra sifting through standpoints on various things. The problem is trying to vocalize your Fi sometimes. You know what you mean but it is hard communicating it because Fi doesn't need a reason.

Also, I believe Fi is the function that enables one to see through falsehood and bullshit. Someone who is Fi dom will likely ponder the sincerity of others a bit more than what is average. But the Fi dom (or someone who has developed Fi) will also be able to detect the sincerity truly.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    Someone who is Fi dom will likely ponder the sincerity of others a bit more than what is average.
    I don't think thats necessarily a good thing

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It means they know what they want, and will probably have less competition in getting what they want because of the fact that most people aren't seeking it.

MBTI
    xxxx

You get to be an introvert and use Se or Ne without being a slave to Ti?
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ENFP

I would imagine that Fi-doms are much much tougher and more resilient than people commonly suppose. It comes with instinctively being able to regulate emotional energy flows. Other types may not be such slaves to their emotions/values, but life eventually throws up emotional challenges to even the most stolid TJ-types, and when that happens those types often just fall to pieces.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by bighairything View Post
    I would imagine that Fi-doms are much much tougher and more resilient than people commonly suppose. It comes with instinctively being able to regulate emotional energy flows. Other types may not be such slaves to their emotions/values, but life eventually throws up emotional challenges to even the most stolid TJ-types, and when that happens those types often just fall to pieces.
    Okay, that I can buy. The ability to manage our emotional reactions in realtime is useful. Doesn't solve everything, but does, one hopes, lead to fewer melt-downs and blow-ups.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by bighairything View Post
    This is a good point; it is often T's I have known, rather than F's, who can be the most emotionally dramatic, can lash out, and can have more difficulty coping with and handling their emotional responses. Many F's, because they might be more aware and familiar with their emotional state and any patterns as such, could show the potential to be more calm when the going gets rough. It's gonna vary hugely between all 8 F types as well as on an individual level within type, but I think it's a fair generalization to make.

So...an advantage of Fi could be simply interpersonal dynamics - by knowing your values/emotions so well, it could provide a 'bridge' towards connecting to others with obviously the ability to empathize/relate to others on this level. The ability to navigate relationships in a positive way and build upon those relationships that are valued (of course with Fi-dom's that would have to be coupled with Ne/Se to be really effective), which is always an asset when it comes to the working world, as well as personal life/friendships.

And, as others have mentioned...Fi is ultimately about having that certitude about what your values are, and prioritizing those values and having them lead your decision-making/etc...that certitude could easily lead to more confidence in pursuing what you want or believe in, 100%...something that dominant-perceivers (Ni/Si) tend to lack......
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ