User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    It means they know what they want, and will probably have less competition in getting what they want because of the fact that most people aren't seeking it.
    ^^^^ This. Combine this with Te, and you can actually know what you want, have less competition, and actually get shit done. Which means, while other people are wondering if it's such a great idea doing something new, or going against the norm, or doing something that does not fit the system, or doing something that requires work, and blah blah blah, the Fi dom/aux with developed Te says:

1. I want this.
    2. I can do this in that way.
    3. Let's do this shit.

And they are on step 3 while everyone else is still trying to figure out 1.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Dillon: Do you have any faith, sister?
    Ripley: Not much.
    Dillon: Well, we've got a lot of faith here. Enough even for you.
    Ripley: I thought women weren't allowed.
    Dillon: Well, we've never had any before. But we tolerate anybody. Even the intolerable.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    the Fi dom/aux with developed Te says:

1. I want this.
    3. Let's do this shit.

I like this analysis. I don't think this is necessarily the main/only angle, but the one that feels "most true" to me. When I am at my most effective, this resembles how I operate...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

... the Fi dom/aux with developed Te says:

1. I want this.
    3. Let's do this shit.

Yeah, I agree with this. Even if you don't buy into the cognitive function thing it's easy to see how people who identify with Fi dom types could use the skills associated with Te.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by bighairything View Post
    I would imagine that Fi-doms are much much tougher and more resilient than people commonly suppose. It comes with instinctively being able to regulate emotional energy flows. Other types may not be such slaves to their emotions/values, but life eventually throws up emotional challenges to even the most stolid TJ-types, and when that happens those types often just fall to pieces.
    I agree with this.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

1. I want this.
    3. Let's do this shit.

Yes, this. This is my thought process, and how I get myself started on doing what's in front of me. Slightly modified below:

1. I want this / this needs to get done.
    2. How are the best ways to accomplish this goal or task? Then choose a solution: I can do this in that way.
    3. Then - let's do this thing! You start at the beginning and get 'er done!

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I think it gives you extra strength in identifying other people's feelings and motivations, even their personalities. Fe makes you WANT to do that, and better at acting on that information (I've always been fairly weak at that part, at least while in the moment), while Fi forces it on you because being acutely aware of your own feelings, you can't help but home in on vicariously experienced things in the same way.

I do very well at 'spot the liar' and 'identify the emotional expression' tests, and even one 'describe this real person's personality from a photo' experiment shown on TV, lol.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Can Fi in oneself resonate with Fi in another, or would that be Fe?
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    Can Fi in oneself resonate with Fi in another, or would that be Fe?
    Yes, absolutely. One person's Fi may agree completely with the ethics of another person's Fi, or they may disagree. Using the same function doesn't guarantee agreement or disagreement on any particular topic--it just means you approach most topics with a similar mindset.

It would only be Fe if the source of the moral belief is some external community standard instead of a private internal one. Two people's private internal ethical values may agree (both Fi), or they may not. It just depends on the situation.

In other cases, your Fi might agree with someone else's Fe because your internal value system lines up with their group-oriented one on that particular issue--picking out functions is not a question of agreeing on specific topics; it's just a question of where the source of validation for that value system comes from.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I'm trying to think of the actual use of having a Fi around that doesn't sound bullshit-y. I have to acknowledge, Fi is not the most practical of functions.

So I considered the definitions of it. Here's one:

Valuing; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.
    I think that Fi is the very essence of humanity. Its the thing that seperates humans from the animals - and we all, of course, have at least a little of it in us. When you look at the other functions, even animals possess most, if not all, of them at a basic level. Even a monkey can reason. But look at what anthopologists call the 'great leap forward' (ie. the time in which humans distinguished themselves from the apes). Among the characteristics that they consider evidence of human behaviour are the appearance of jewellery, cave paintings, games, music and burial of the dead. These are essentially about culture: organized society, defining values and what matters, using symbols and creating meaning, deciding what represents them etc. How Fi is that?

Maybe Fi-dominant users are just there to remind people of their humanity; to be the torchbearers for art, culture, morality, and the fundamentals of social interaction. I doubt that there's much we Fi users can get out of that in the practical sense, but if what I say has some truth, its a special thing to be in itself. And hey, if you're a Fi dominant, you could probably appreciate that