Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    I don't think thats necessarily a good thing
    it is it isn't

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    What advantages are there from being an Fi-dom in modern society?
    IxFPs are cool with staying true to their values and not giving a shit when they shouldn't care.

ExFJs can of course do this just as often, but they really really feel it, the exclusion, being labeled as Not Us. When they are called out or perceived to not be upholding group values, they struggle to not care when they shouldn't care. There's far more internal tension when someone points a finger at them and they have to exert massive brain capacity to override their feelings.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

making friends easily enough (compared to T types, that is), manipulation (Fi sees hidden agendas, so it's pretty easy to do this), egocentricism --> intrinsic motivation --> art for art's sake, so they say

it doesn't directly influence society. it doesn't alter its flow directly or anything. Fi, i think, is the most useless but most interesting function. Fi = a never-ending search for the meaning of life --> poetry, music..

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    What advantages are there from being an Fi-dom in modern society?
    I like this answer, alot:

Quote Originally Posted by bighairything View Post
    I would imagine that Fi-doms are much much tougher and more resilient than people commonly suppose. It comes with instinctively being able to regulate emotional energy flows. Other types may not be such slaves to their emotions/values, but life eventually throws up emotional challenges to even the most stolid TJ-types, and when that happens those types often just fall to pieces.
    Other positive thoughts:

Yeah, I'm pretty sensitive, but that sensitivity has made me a resilient bastard. It's hard to keep me down. It's like going to the gym and lifting weights. Suddenly, when someone needs 200 pounds of emotional weight lifted, it's no problem for me to help. I form some amazing connections with people that can appreciate that.

It's nice understanding emotions. They aren't mysterious or intimidating to me. I can see their complexity, and it gives me power to see people in interesting ways.

I think grounded values and the freedom they bring. By being grounded in your values you don't need to give yourself morals and meaning from elsewhere as much. Most people in society have something they have to chase or follow, an order or appearance to uphold, a need for rewards and achievement, social ladder climbing, a name, a position, an image. You get to define yourself outside this. The search can be for what you want to do and why. In a way Fi is liberating.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post
    making friends easily enough (compared to T types, that is), manipulation (Fi sees hidden agendas, so it's pretty easy to do this), egocentricism --> intrinsic motivation --> art for art's sake, so they say

it doesn't directly influence society. it doesn't alter its flow directly or anything. Fi, i think, is the most useless but most interesting function. Fi = a never-ending search for the meaning of life --> poetry, music..
    How is Fi a never ending search for the meaning of life exactly?

Being able to see what's of value in a situation, having some form of ethical code/values internally, and being a bit more sensitive than usual does not correlate with art, music, and pondering a "meaning of life." You're thinking of NFs.

Everyone can manipulate in some way or shape, but I do believe that you're on the right track with this one. For me, I do see hidden agendas quite easily etc, I know what's going on emotionally. I am reactive in my manipulation, it's not something I do all the time. Just when the situation calls for it (manipulation based on what I can tell is going on based on the implications of the situation).
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think Fi is a wonderful tool for self-preservation. Fi can keep a person from allowing others to treat him or her badly, it can also serve as a barrier against blindly going along with what mainstream society dictates.

Fi seems like a valuable thing to have in a strongly individualistic society, it would be a plus not a minus. Having a strong sense of self-hood is something that can actually lead to contentment in adult life instead of falling prey to keeping up with the Joneses or thinking that exterior validation is the key to happiness.

Fi also can probably help some individuals succeed in creative fields where there is a lot of competition, like writing or art, because the Fi-dom would be so dedicated to his or her "mission" that they might be more likely to make it through sheer tenacity.

We live in a very psychoanalytic society currently, too, and Fi doms are great at psychoanalyzing themselves. I think healthy Fi could help someone to become extremely self-actualized and successful in life.

These are all just possibilities. I'm not saying that this is what Fi does for all Fi users, but these are possible benefits that I see.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sensitive, but that sensitivity has made me a resilient bastard. It's hard to keep me down. It's like going to the gym and lifting weights. Suddenly, when someone needs 200 pounds of emotional weight lifted, it's no problem for me to help. I form some amazing connections with people that can appreciate that.

It's nice understanding emotions. They aren't mysterious or intimidating to me. I can see their complexity, and it gives me power to see people in interesting ways.
    That's an awesome way to put it. What I really appreciate is when an INFP cares for you, they can embrace the whole you, flaws and all, without judging. They're not afraid of the deep, dark places of the mind, and even if they cannot pull you out of it, they'll be there to hold your hand until you find your way out.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Can I just say, I utterly appreciate that this is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    That's an awesome way to put it. What I really appreciate is when an INFP cares for you, they can embrace the whole you, flaws and all, without judging. They're not afraid of the deep, dark places of the mind, and even if they cannot pull you out of it, they'll be there to hold your hand until you find your way out.
    As for Fi, though it appears to have no practical applications, I've discovered that, yes it helps us weather emotional crisis better, just by the sheer volume of it that we need to digest throughout our lives, and it does eventually make us very aware of who we are. Flaws and all.

I've also found that some people consider us a safe heaven. The entrance to another world, away from this one (which is pretty rough) where you can regain your bearings. And those older and wiser, with mature Fi, seem to act as a shining star. A beacon of hope. An example on how to navigate this sometimes ugly reality without being corrupted by it. I'd say (mature) Fi-users are here to remind others to not give up hope, no matter what life throws their way

Not very practical at all..but useful and important nonetheless
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

I don't know if it is Fi specifically, but I've noticed that people tend to trust me and I have an easy way with people. I think that does, could have, maybe has something to do with Fi.

Getting along well with people is a major advantage in life.