First 2345 Last

Thread: MBTI & Age

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I discovered MBTI back in 1996, when I was 27 or so.
    I'm 40 now.

Finding it was an "aha!" moment for me, and really changed my attitude towards myself and others. Lots less guilt, lots less resentment. I finally knew (generally) who I was and that I wasn't 'weird' ... or alone.

INtP from the first despite looking and studying types and functions and whatever else. I just really like using my N publicly more than my T; and even when I think privately, I tend to focus more on exploration first and making sure all options were considered.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESFJ

Only found out about it earlier this year .. I am 30 years young.

ESFJ
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I can't be sure. I think I learned about MBTI when i was 14 or 15.
    Currently I am 17, will be 18 in less than a month.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Age discovered: about 18, could have been younger

Age that I actually understood what it was and became interested in it: 19

Current Age: 20.6

Type: INTP

Age discovered: 14 (they tested us in school both freshman and senior year...came out INTP freshman year, then ISTP senior year)

Age I actually started looking into it: 27

Current age: 30

Type: INTP

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Age discovered: 17 or so

Current: 25

Type: INFP

I first discovered it through this horrible book my sister had called Love Types. I tested INTP, and the description was so awful it brought me to tears. Over the years, I took various online tests and read profiles and generally felt I was INF (didn't understand the functions yet), but I didn't really get into MBTI until this past year.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Age discovered: 8 (my step mom was/is a therapist )

Current: 21

Type: ISTJ

Age discovered: 26
    Type: ENFP
    Age now: 28

Though I did run into it in final year of school. It told me to do a whole lot of jobs I'd never considered, so I thought yeh, whatever, bs test. Would like to find out what I tested as though. I've got a feeling it was ENFP, but not positive.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

I think it was in my early twenties I first saw it. I took the test in Keirsey's book. I didn't take much notice. I must have tested as INFJ because I remember boasting "I'm Gandhi!" to all my friends at the time.

It wasn't until I was thirty seven that I really took an interest. I'm thirty nine now.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I first came across the MBTI in the form of an article about using typology to develop fictional characters. After reading that article, one of the first things I did was to take a test, which gave me INTJ for my type. I somewhat identified with the profile, especially the part about their leadership style, but not nearly enough to take the MBTI seriously. That has since changed; I now take it about as seriously as I do any theory--which isn't saying much.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]