User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Should I take this site seriously??

Probably Not
    I'm talking about a blog called the MBTI truths that I found while searching in the net.
    I don't know some of the definitions of these page make me angry cause it seems way to stereotyped or prejudiced with the authors view of the 16 personality types. What d you Think???

(Damn, I'm even doubting in submitting this thread LOL)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Admittedly, I just quickly scanned the things on that site relating to INFPs and got an overall "feel" for the blog pages. This stuff is harmless enough. The blogger provides no context for their expertise on the subject that I can surmise at a glance; their credibility is couched in the blogspot interface mostly it seems. By the same token, I could sign up for the site and blog about 14th century Scandanavian mythology with the same expectation of being taken seriously. In the end, do you gain anything useful from the writing? Does it make you see things in a different light, or help you gain some insight you would not have otherwise gained?

I found the layman's language of the favored/disfavored professions section kind of interesting. It's straightforward and easy to understand:

INFP
    Favored
    fantasy author
    therapist
    music composer
    poet
    Disfavored
    manager
    military leader
    scam artist
    police officer
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This is exactly why ENFPs are more interesting - more interesting people and better careers.
    ENFP - actor, comedian, politician, writer, newscaster, journalist, Bill Moyers, Mark Twain, Dr. Suess, Bill Cosby, Arthur Miller, Charles Dickens.
    ISTJ - clerk, accountant, truck driver, bureaucrat, financial officer, Warren Buffet, Dick Cheney, Herbert Hoover, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I lol'd.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Awesome site, it speaks the truth.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISTJ

I ran the blog through the through the Typealyzer website and it came out as INTP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Sounds like it's got a pretty big dose of humor intentionally written into it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Default Should I take this site seriously?

Of course we should.

We are an electronic tribe in the global village.

We are the shock of the new.

We are the shock troops of the new.

This is a wonderful place to learn about electronic tribalism and the global village.

This is an interactive site. So experiment, take a risk, and see what the response is - for the meaning of any communication is its response.

You will wait and wait to see if anyone responds to your post. The response is all. It is the meaning of your post.

After a while you will understand that you are no longer the author of posts, rather we are the author of the posts.

I disappears and turns into we.

So 'I' may not take this site seriously but 'we' do.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Of course we should.

We are an electronic tribe in the global village.

We are the shock of the new.

We are the shock troops of the new.

This is a wonderful place to learn about electronic tribalism and the global village.

This is an interactive site. So experiment, take a risk, and see what the response is - for the meaning of any communication is its response.

You will wait and wait to see if anyone responds to your post. The response is all. It is the meaning of your post.

After a while you will understand that you are no longer the author of posts, rather we are the author of the posts.

I disappears and turns into we.

So 'I' may not take this site seriously but 'we' do.
    I like your perspective and how you describe it, but how about a Yes or a No?

Personally I like the humor, just reading the topics is silly and fun. 'ESTPs are so much better than you' hell -I- get that vibe from them, as in, they seem that way, but are they REALLY that way? They tend to be popular and can do cool things, but really, theyre only better in the Sensor sense

Not to mention the 'ENFPs are better than ISTJs' post made me roll my eyes in its tongue-in-cheek hilarity.

Oh and I thought Samus was totally an ExTP of some kind. Maybe that's my mental image of ETPs is a tights-clad sexy chick in a supersuit?

In short: Don't take it seriously. Except for the 'Stereotypes in School' post, I think it's pretty spot on
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

i actually thought this list was fairly close to home, as much as a stereotype list can be... it pretty much fits with the high school experience. I was even going to say this changes later in life as people get more well-rounded, but the writer even alludes to that in his introductory paragraph:

Stereotypes in school
    The school environment is an excellent place to get a feel for the MBTI types in order to understand them better. I have grouped types with the same dominant function together since students are mostly developing their dominant function while they're in school. (The development of lesser functions usually occurs later in life.)

ESTJ: the bully who's not that smart
    ENTJ: the bully who's actually pretty smart

ISTP: the quiet but cool guy who's really good at sports
    INTP: the math and science genius

ESFJ: helpful and organized girls who are very affectionate and conform to every social standard
    ENFJ: like ESFJ, + creativity, - conformity

ISFP: the nice guy/girl who's incredibly good at art
    INFP: quiet goth people that take honors English and love writing

ESTP: the outgoing jock whom some people love and others hate
    ESFP: the student wearing flashy clothes and getting bad grades

ISTJ: the straight A student who follows all the rules and gets annoyed when others don't
    ISFJ: same as ISTJ, except they're more forgiving when you don't follow the rules

ENTP: the weird & crazy guy that challenges his teachers and argues a lot with others
    ENFP: the silly person/goofball that's fun to be around for some reason

INTJ: the guy who knows everything about something and nothing about anything else
    INFJ: the peer mediation students who resemble the school counselors
    That being said, I disagree with some of his celebrity typing, and i couldn't tell if the rest was all serious or just sardonic.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I have a feeling Victor was answering for TC, which was my thought when I saw the thread title too. Haven't read the link yet. That would be on topic.

p.s. I agree, the list quoted above seems pretty right. ENFP one is reasonably accurate for me.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.