User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by GHC View Post
    I'm talking about a blog called the MBTI truths that I found while searching in the net.
    I wouldn't recommend it. Not everything you read on the interwebz is true. Text books are the only trustworthy source.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Half the posts appear to be tongue-in-cheek. They're fine.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

my tongue's in my cheek. It's in the middle of both, actually.

Yeh, they are quite amusing. As long as no one takes themselves too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    I wouldn't recommend it. Not everything you read on the interwebz is true. Text books are the only trustworthy source.
    Agree, there is a lot of biased stuff on the net that doesn't even try to be scientific. I do think observation is partly valid though. Experiment and observation are half of any science. Studying people from textbooks without the empirical side is IMO much worse than speculating and theorising from the observations. The ideal would be a combination of solid theory and observation. What attempts to occur on here .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Agree, there is a lot of biased stuff that doesn't even try to be scientific. I do think observation is partly valid though. Experiment and observation is half of any science. Studying people from textbooks without the empirical side is IMO much worse than speculating and theorising from the observations. The ideal would be a combination of theory and observation.
    I think you misunderstand me. What is contained is text books is just as good as empirical data. Think about it - each time they rewrite history we get closer to the truth - it's not like perspectives change or anything like that. Plus, each time modern day scientists rewrite facts, instead of making everyone more confused, we are able rest soundly knowing that scientists are infallible in their grasp of what's going on in the world.

I think you misunderstand me. What is contained is text books is just as good as empirical data. Think about it - each time they rewrite history we get closer to the truth - it's not like perspectives change or anything like that. Plus, each time modern day scientists rewrite facts, instead of making everyone more confused, we are able rest soundly knowing that scientists are infallible in their grasp of what's going on in the world.
    Your understanding of the text book is dependent on empirical data. Proper interpretation of the context, ambiguities, etc. requires a real world understanding of it. It is why they have laboratories in science. Without that you interpret it from your viewpoint rather than the objective one.

The empirical data is especially important in typology because it is not a solid theory, more a statistical guide. John down the road might understand people better just by looking at them than Jung did from a lifetime of INTJness. Jung gave a good framework for John to work from though.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Your understanding of the text book is dependent on empirical data. Proper interpretation of the context, ambiguities, etc. requires a real world understanding of it. It is why they have laboratories in science. Without that you interpret it from your viewpoint rather than the objective one.
    Exactly. Because laboratories can be set up in a way to be tweaked and explain context and ambiguities, what is written in textbooks based off un-corroborated and other globally accepted standards allows for all possibilities and not just one truth. When all ambiguities and possibilities are presented in textbooks in a confusing and decidedly non-academic manner, students then have the freedom to decide what truth is for them. I think this is manner is most respectful of human rights because no one should be told what is truth and what is false.

Who are you to tell me that I am subject to the 'law of gravity'!? I don't believe in gravity.

Exactly. Because laboratories can be set up in a way to be tweaked and explain context and ambiguities, what is written in textbooks based off un-corroborated and other globally accepted standards allows for all possibilities and not just one truth. When all ambiguities and possibilities are presented in textbooks in a confusing and decidedly non-academic manner, students then have the freedom to decide what truth is for them. I think this is manner is most respectful of human rights because no one should be told what is truth and what is false.

Who are you to tell me that I am subject to the 'law of gravity'!? I don't believe in gravity.
    . I actually believe that everyone has their own version of truth. But in this case the truth about people for them can be found from observing people (or at least this should be part of it). I have this fear that people decide what people are from textbooks, which makes no sense at all.

btw, in the first post I was just putting out ideas (my mind goes on tangents), most of it wasn't really connected to the agreeing with your post part. I looked at it again and should've put some enters in or something.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Yes, you should take that site seriously.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Pfft, nah, according to this thing, I should be an IXXJ.

ISTJ: the straight A student who follows all the rules and gets annoyed when others don't (sort of)
    ISFJ: same as ISTJ, except they're more forgiving when you don't follow the rules (yep)

ENTP: the weird & crazy guy that challenges his teachers and argues a lot with others (occasionally)

INTJ: the guy who knows everything about something and nothing about anything else (yep)
    INFJ: the peer mediation students who resemble the school counselors (sometimes)

According to careers, something like xNFJ

NFJ
    Favored
    psychologist
    missionary
    English professor
    nun
    monk
    author
    Disfavored
    sports statistician
    athlete
    sports announcer
    security guard
    salesman

ENFJ
    Favored
    teacher
    comedian
    actor
    psychologist
    Disfavored
    pilot
    vehicle transporter
    car designer
    mathematician
    mechanic
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.